Quantcast A booking conundrum

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default A booking conundrum

So, I booked my next trip a month or so back, with the intention of the 5 of us and a daughter's boyfriend making the trip. In a few days i will have to pay for the trip since I got the package deal (rooms and tickets). I actually prefer doing it that way, because that is less I have to shell out DURING vacation.

Here's the problem. Daughter's boyfreind will only be able to come down with us for the first week. He'll ride with us, we arrive on a Monday, and then he'll fly back home on Saturday. (he has a band camp to conduct, hehe, conduct) He won't need the ten day hopper/water park admission tickets like the rest of us, so I don't want to pay for em. I'm figuring I could just get him a straight up 3 or 4 day pass (sans hopper/water).

Now, I am under the impression that if you do the package, then EVERYBODY has to be the same. (which I'm sorry, I think that's...)

So, as far as I see it, here are my options:
    1. drop the package and pay for room and tickets seperate. The only reason I don't like this option, is because our last trip, we couldn't pay in advance (online) because we didn't use the package...
    2. Drop the boyfriend from the rez, buy his ticket, then at check in say, oh yeah he decided to come anyway...
    3. Pay for the package minus ticket cost, then a few days later, cancel the package. This way the room is paid already (which is the feature I want to keep).

I'm sure none of this made any sense, and I know I'm missing something. So if you can interpret my babbling and have another idea...

BTW. - I'm calling disney later today or tomorrow to see what my options are also, but from past experience, sometimes you guys know more than they do...
    JR
    '86 Ramada Inn somewhere in Orlando :P
    '95 All Star Sports
    '00 All Star Music
    '03 Fort Wilderness
    '06 Fort Wilderness
    '07 Animal Kingdom Lodge

'09 Fort Wilderness
    '12 All Star Movies
    '13 Pop Century
    '14 Fort Wilderness
    '15 Fort Wilderness

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Given the complexity of your situation I would suggest getting in touch with Magical Journeys. They are much more personal and able to help guide you through these confusing situations than whatever random CM you happen to get in touch with through Disney travel. Even though you've already booked through WDW MJ can usually transfer your reservation and help you out.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

I agree, check with MJ. While you would have to transfer over to them, it would be well worth it. They will find your answer, and handle all of the work.

MJ Rocks
    1975-2000 Family Trips, FW
    Nov 2005- FW
    June 2006- FW
    Feb 2007- FW
    Dec 2007- POFQ
    Feb 2008- POR
    July 2008- WL
    Dec 2008- FW
    Feb 2012- POFQ
    Herb
    Proud Passholder

Post Thanks / Like

I agree contact MJ..They are WONDERFUL!!

But here is another option for you to ponder:

You can book two reservations: One full package for all 5+boyfriend; then you will have to "re-check in" with the package for just the 5 of you...

Of course, MJ will know the best!!!

good luck!
    DJ
    1978-offsite
    December 2003-POR
    June 2005-POFQ
    February 2006-Off site
    June 2006-POFQ
    March 2007-POFQ
    June 6-13, 2008- POFQ

Next: Christmas-New Year's Disneyland or World...not sure yet, but I will be at one!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Contact MJ they are great!!!!!
    Off-Site several times between 1983-1992
    1993-Grand Floridian
    1996-Poly
    1998-Poly
    2001-Poly
    2004-Pop
    2008-Pop "First MNSSHP"
    2009-Coronado Springs" MNSSHP"
    2010-Pop Century "MNSSHP"
    Next Trip 10/01/2011 MNSSHP !

"Now approaching carousal of progress."

Post Thanks / Like

There's a very very simple solution.

It is true that everyone on the same package must book the same tickets. HOWEVER, once you have checked-in at the resort and everyone has their tickets, each ticket is then INSTANTLY independent of all the others ... you can upgrade or add to any ticket as you see fit, and it'll cost EXACTLY the same to do it them that it would be if you did it before your trip.

Book the package with a 4-day base ticket for everyone (but are you SURE he won't need to hop during those days? You'll all be together ... are the rest of you not going to hop until later in the vacation after he leaves??).

Then, after check-in, upgrade the other tickets. Upgrading from a 4-day ticket to a 10-day ticket will cost only $18 + tax per person. Adding hopping will add $50 + tax per person, and also $50 + tax for the Water Park Fun & More option.

Ask yourself if you're really sure that your daughter won't "hop" with him during his 3 or 4 days at the parks ... I'm going to guess you'll want him to have the hopper. In that case, order the 4-day hopper for everyone, and when you get there, upgrade each other ticket for $68 ($50 for WPF&M, $18 to go from 4 day to 10 day) + tax each.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the responses so far.

Setting up two rezzies and doing the re-checkin won't work so well with me and my luck. Our luck is when we did the re-checkin they would move us. No big deal at a hotel, but we will be in a camper.

Our first week in Orlando is spent doing things outside of the world. For example, our first day is at Sea World. We always finish up SW before five, so we'll head over to EPCOT afterwards and take advantage of EMH. That's pretty much how our first week goes, so we don't use park hopper that first week.

I do like the idea of upgrading the tickets after we arrive though.
    JR
    '86 Ramada Inn somewhere in Orlando :P
    '95 All Star Sports
    '00 All Star Music
    '03 Fort Wilderness
    '06 Fort Wilderness
    '07 Animal Kingdom Lodge

'09 Fort Wilderness
    '12 All Star Movies
    '13 Pop Century
    '14 Fort Wilderness
    '15 Fort Wilderness

Post Thanks / Like

Do what CleveRocks says...
    much simpler and you can all get whatever you need without messing up the package.
    Sainter
    Oct97 AS Sports/Trop Palms
    Oct00 AS Sports/4 Pts Sheraton
    Oct01 Condo Nov02 POR/Calypso Cay
    Oct 03 POR Nov04 Pop
    Oct05, Mar07, June08 POR
    Mar09 AS Sports, Sept09 POR
    Mar11 Pop/CSR, Jan12 AS Sports
    Oct12 POR/CB, Oct14 OKW
    Sep15POFQ, Oct16 Pop/POR
    Sep17 AKL

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with CleveRocks...that is the most simplistic way to handle it.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: