Quantcast Stuck on a ride??

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Stuck on a ride??

Hello fellow Intercot users!!
    Have any of you ever been stuck on a ride?? Just felt like asking.

Here is my story about what rides I have been stuck on:
    Me and my friend, Harleen (MissSkellington), her mom, and my mom (twink61) were on The Carousel of Progress and it just broke down when we were going from the first room to the second room, and then again from the second room to the third room. Like literally, in between the two!! We tried to go to the next room in the 1/2 way thing to watch the other one, but the CM said to stay seated, so we stayed there and got the lines and the song stuck in our heads!! Harleen just started singing the song and we started bursting out laughing loudly!!!

I have other stories, but I think I will let it be your storytime with ______________ first before I tell my next one!!

Happy Posting!
    Hannah
    1/98 - offsite
    4/99 - offsite
    1/00- offsite
    5/03 - offsite
    12/03 - CBR
    12/04 - POP
    4/05 - DLR
    5/06 - POR
    4/08 - POR
    10/09 - POP
    10/11- POP
    12/12 - POP
    1/15 - POFQ
    12/16 - CS / OKW
    1/18 - POP
    9/18 - POP

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We got stuck on the TTA with my 2.5 year old nephew. It was in one of the fairly dark spots too. I had a little flash light so he wasn't scared. But after sitting there for about 5 minutes, he yells out "hello, is anyone out there?". That's so not like him so that made it even funnier! We started up a couple of minutes after that so I guess they heard him.
    șoșKathyșoș TimeShare 12-12
    GKTW June 2011,Off site Feb/March 2011
    Dolphin and POFQ 8/10
    POFQ Sept 08
    ASMu Aug-Sept 07
    Dolphin & CS-12/05. Mousefest & Dis Cruise
    Dolphin & POR July 04,WDW-Dolphin June 02Dolphin 6/2000
    Swan 6/99 -Dolphin March 98, March 94
    +many more times offsite

Post Thanks / Like

We've been stuck on many rides over many trips. CoP, Splash Mt, Pirates, Spaceship Earth (backwards), Haunted Mansion. We were stuck on the Haunted Mansion because the teen boys behind us kept standing up in their buggies and spitting on other guests. They stopped the ride twice and announced over speakers that the ride would not continue until guests were properly seated. At the end of the ride, the CM tried to hold the boys for security to arrive, but the boys used very foul language and ran away.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

I have gotten stuck on a lot of rides.

I got stuck on the TTA. It was really hot when we got stuck because we were in one of the rooms.

I also have gotten stuck on Buzz Lightyear. We were in the middle of the ride and it just stoped.

Another ride is Splash mountain. My mom and I got stuck when we were going up the big hill.

Dinasour is another ride I have gotten stuck on. My cousin and I got stuck right at the end of the ride when it looks like the dinasour is going to eat you.

Haunted Mansion I always get stuck on. The one time I was with my friend and we were in like 5th grade. We got stuck in the scariest room in the haunted Mansion. We were almost crying we were so scared!
    I love the Jonas Brothers!

Post Thanks / Like

I was looking forward to my WDW trip for a year. The day I was looking forward to most of all was the day we were spending the morning at MK, my favorite park. We were there at park opening, and figured we could hit all the big rides in the early morning before crowds built up. I think the third ried we got on was Splash Mountain, and that's where we got stuck for about 45 minutes. I was mad, just feeling my whole morning and a year's worth of planning wasting away. At least I was stuck on my favorite ride, but that is what the kids talk about when someone mentions Splash Mountain.

Post Thanks / Like

My DS, who was about 5 at the time, and I got stuck on the Haunted Mansion in a very dark spot (don't remember exactly where.) He was scared at first but I made it into an "adventure" and we eventually started moving. He is 18 now but we still remember it fondly.

Post Thanks / Like

We got stuck in SE. We had to get out and walk down the steps. Kinda ruins the ride experience when you can see EVERYTHING.
    Bryan

4/86, 4/89 Disney Music Days (off property)
    5/89 Grad Nite (off property)
    7/2005 POR
    4/2007 Grad Nite Chap ASMu
    4/2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 Grad Nite Chap (off property)
    6/2009 POR
    5/2010 SSR
    5/2011, 12/2011 POR

Post Thanks / Like

We have gotten stuck on Splash, HM, SSE, TSM but the funniest was... we were at AK for the first day of the soft opening for EE. We were loading the ride and had to get back off and we waited about 15 more minutes and reloaded. We were wondering what could be going on they let about 5 empty trains go. When we were on the ride at the part where the track is broken my daughter who was about 7 at the time thought the the ride was really broken like that and she totally freaked out thinking we were really going off on the broken track. It's funny now but I felt sorry for her then.
    6/11 DCL Med
    5/11 DCL & Port Bay
    10/10 SOG
    6/10 Regal Sun
    5/2010 AKL
    6/09 POFQ
    2/09 OKW
    10/08 AS Movies
    7/07 Pop
    12/06 C Beach
    3/06 POFQ
    3/05 C Springs
    3/04 POP
    3/03 SOG
    4/02 Contemp
    3/01 SOG
    3/00 AS Music
    6/99 SOG
    5/98 Best Western LBV

Post Thanks / Like

We've been stuck on a few attractions ouselves. On Spaceship Earth (backwards), on Splash Mt (going up the last hill before the big drop), on Haunted Mansion (in the graveyard), and they weren't really long delays. So, we didn't mind them so much. Although, we were in the line @ the RRC out in the "alley" area where you could see the limo take off, and the lights suddenly came up and the ride stopped right as another limo was about to shoot out, and you could see the ride vehicle stuck just inside the tunnel. I can only imagine the other vehicles stopped up on the rest of the track! Glad it wasn't me. Although, it would have been kinda cool to see the inside of the attraction w/the lights up!
    1974 - Off Property
    1975 - Poly
    1980 - Golf Resort (Honeymoon)
    1881 - Golf Resort
    1982 - Poly
    1983 - Contemporary
    1989 - CBR (10th anniversay)
    1998 - CBR (DD 1st trip )
    2001 - CBR
    2003 - WL
    2004 - WL (25th anniversary)
    2005 - WL
    2006 - WL
    2010 - WL

Post Thanks / Like

We were stuck on tower of terror in the basement. I have extreme claustrophobia and got an anxiety attack. the other riders thought I was joking around...little did they realize...
    1986 and 1991 offsite
    1998,2000,2001,2003,2004,2006,2008 movies
    1999, 2002 sports
    2005, 2007, 2009, 2011 pop
    2008 Riverside (Christmas Parade)
    2010 CB (25th anniversary)

Home of the World Champion White Sox and World Champion Chicago Blackhawks X's 2!!!!
    Post Thanks / Like

DS and I were stuck on SE last year, he was happy in the dark it kept stopping the whole way thru
    Dh and I have been stuck on Splash a few different times, as well as PoTC
    Other than that I can't remember anything else.
    '79 Ft Wilderness Campgrounds/CR
    '81 off property
    '86 CR
    '87 CR
    '89 Disney Inn
    '96 DL
    '97 WL
    '98 CS
    '07 WLV
    '08 Poly Princess Suite
    '09 Poly Princess Suite
    '10 May CR Hospitally Suite kiddos surprise trip!
    '11 May YC Club Level
    '14 Oct CS Executive Level

Post Thanks / Like

We've been stuck on plenty of rides at WDW. The only one that freaked me out was on TOT. We were frozen at the end of the ride in the dark and you could hear the other elevator swoosh-swoosh-swooshing over us. All I could think about was it coming down on top of us...but alas, we finally backed into our respective unloading area, the lights came on and we disembarked.
    Too many trips to keep track of now! Vacation WDW twice a year so any questions ask freely ☺️

Post Thanks / Like

We got stuck on PoTC. No great story to tell. I was just happy to be sitting in the boat when it stopped because we had been in line for quite a while. We sat down the boat moved about 5 feet and stopped. In was down for approx 15 minutes.

I heard a story once about a guy that was stuck at the top of SM and they turned all the lights on inside. The CMs came up and walked everyone down. He said it was really weird to see what it looks like in there and it's a lot higher than he thought.

Post Thanks / Like

WOW! It seems like this happens quite frequently. Is there a rhyme or reason for rides just stopping? Makes me a little nervous with a 3 year old!
    Offsite as a teen

2003 offsite at the now Nick hotel
    2009 May POR

Kaylee 14
    Delaney 11
    Emmi 3
    DH 38 and me 37

Post Thanks / Like

I can't recall every being stuck on an attraction. The old sea cabs stopped a couple times on one of our trips because someone decided to hop out of their sea cab.
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

Post Thanks / Like

I have been stuck on Spaceshipe Eath Backwards, and I always get stuck on Haunted Mansion in the cemetary where the groundskeeper and the dog is.
    Last year, in the middle of a 90 degree day, we went on the jungle cruise and made it all they way to the tribal people when the boat in front of us didn't start. So we had to stop and the tourguides radioed for another boat to tow the boat in front of us. Well, all the boats except for one came to the same spot we were in and we had to wait for the slowest boat to ge all through the ride and tow the stuck boat. We waited 20 mins, but it was fun because our tourguide was hilarious!! We also got to see them "throw" the dead boat backstage. It was a unique, fun experience that I will probably never see again!
    VMK: DaffyD
    Trips to WDW
    June 2001on my B-Day!Off Prop.
    August 2005 Off Prop.
    August 2006 ASMov.
    August 2008- Pop Century
    August 2009-ASMu
    April 2010-ASMu w/marching band
    Aug. 2011 ASMu
    Aug. 2012 Off Prop.
    Aug 2013 Off prop.
    Next:Aug 2014??

Post Thanks / Like

We've gotten stuck on Haunted Mansion before, but it started again. And, on Test Track once we were asked to walk out (and given fast passes to come back later).

But this past trip we were on Test Track and it stopped during the obstacles, started again, stopped again climbing the hill for a long time, started again, and then stopped again when the trucks lights are shining on us, started again and then stopped right before you speed up to go through the doors outside (when it is the fastest). At that poing I was FREAKING out as I was scared about going that fast outside when it keeps starting/stopping. We were really glad to get off that ride!!!!
    "Girls, come on. Leave the saving of the world to the men? I don't think so."
    - Elastigirl

Post Thanks / Like

We have been stuck on Buzz more then once (once for about 25 minutes my son was starting to freak) and also on spaceship earth. He did not ride SE in 2008 as a result of this.
    2011 Oct 29- Nov 5 MNSSHP
    2010 Nov 5-13 POFQ MVMCP
    2008 Nov 8-15 POFQ MVMCP
    2006 POFQ
    2000 Poly Honeymoon
    1987 Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

We were stuck on HM where you go through the mirrors and see the lady at the end up over the arch way...She kept saying the same thing over and over and over and over...
    Amy
    80 Camping șoș
    89 Offsite șoș
    05 ASM șoș
    06-07-08-09-10-10-11-12-13-14-15 POR șoș

Post Thanks / Like

We have gotten stuck in HM (at the new addition with the bride), Universe of Energy (the doors wouldn't open into the theater) and Buzz Lightyear (which was cool because we racked up so many more points!!).
    10/91-Honeymoon YC Concierge
    6/92, 5/93, 9/95, 9/99-YC
    9/00-BWI,YC
    6/01-AKL,YC
    9/02-BCV,YC
    5/03-BCV
    8/03-WLV,BWV
    1/04-HH,BWV,OKW
    6/04, 5/05-BWV
    8/05, 11/07-SSR
    2/09-BCV
    11/09-BCV