Quantcast Tell me why you will only stay on site? - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

We stay on property for all the wonderful reasons listed above, but also for me. I have health issues that only allow me about 1/2 a day in a park. While we are on property I can leave DH and both DSs and go nap when I need too. Also DH can take one of the boys in the evening back to see or do anything they want and I can relax and watch a movie. Very nice!
    We get asked a lot why we stay (we live less than an hour away) but really it's so nice to let Disney do the Driving as it were.
    I know you
    I walked with you once upon a dream.
    We've Stayed at GF, AKL, BW, BC, CR, FW Cabins, CS, CBR, AS Music, POP, POFQ, OKW,SSR
    Last Trip: SSR April 2015
    Next Trip: Yacht Club Oct 2015

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Plain and simple. The Disney magic! You are surrounded by it 24/7. There is nothing like it! We park our vehicle upon arrival and usually don't touch it until we depart. We only eat at Disney places, only shop at Disney places, we don't see the real road signs, heck, we don't even see the real world for 9 or 10 days! At this point, I would rather not go to WDW if I had to stay off site. (Fortunately, there are enough WDW resorts that this is not a problem!) All in all, it turns a great experience into a lifelong memory!
    Jul80 DLR, Dec75 FW, Sept91 offsite, Sept95 ASSp, June00 offsite, June01 ASMo, July02 WL, June03 ASMo, Oct03 POR, Poly, Aug04 Pop,ASMu, Oct04 ASSp, Sept05 CSR,Pop,CBR, Dec06 WL,Pop, Sept07 POP,POR, Dec07 POP,May08 POP, Sept08 CR,Sept09 POP,Aug10 CBR, Feb11 POP, July11 AKL, Nov12 POP, March13 offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Location, Location Location! And I like feeling the "Magic" while I stay there.
    *A dream is a wish your heart makes*

Post Thanks / Like

When I first started taking DS to WDW, I was a single mom. I felt a lot safer staying on property. WDW would take care of everything we needed. They did the driving, so I didn't have to worry about finding my way on unfamiliar roads. For me the bonus was being surronded by the Disney magic 24/7.
    Circumstances have changed and now it is my DH and I that go. As long as I have the opportunity to stay on property, that is where I will be.
    Rhonda

Trips to WDW: Priceless

Impossible is not a word.

Post Thanks / Like

The first two visits we stayed off site, and those were also the last two times we stayed off site. Since then, every trip has been at Disney. For me it just completes the magical experience. Even if I rent a car, which I do sometimes especially if we're going to the Space Center or somewhere else on a trip, it is still so much better to be right next to the resorts. We also enjoy staying some place new on every trip. Even if I can afford a resort for the entire trip, we will do at least a couple of days in a new resort each time. Imagineering put so much work into all the resort they are just as fun to explore as the parks sometimes.
    Chris °O°
    DISNEYLAND AP - First visit 1969

WALT DISNEY WORLD - First visit 1985
    HONG KONG DISNEYLAND - First visit 2005
    SHANGHAI DISNEYLAND - First visit 2016
    DISNEY DREAM CRUISE - First Cruise March 2019
    FUTURE + WORLD SHOWCASE = EPCOT (Favorite WDW park)

Post Thanks / Like

For us: staying on Disney property is part of the Disney experience. I can't even imagine staying off site and arranging for transportation to/from the parks. I love the convenience to get on the bus and go where we want and we like to park hop so it's a big plus.
    TRACEY
    ºOº

Disneyland as a kid
    11/02-POFQ * 07/04-Disneyland PPH * 11/05-AKL * 10/08-CBR * 12/10-WL * 11/11-AKL * 11/12-AKL * 11/13-GF * 11/14-AKL * 06/15-Poly * 12/15-YC * 5/16-BWI * 12/16-BC * 5/17-Poly * 10/17-GF * 12/18-POFQ * 12/19-YC * 12/20-CSR * 12/21-BC * 3/22-CSR

Next: 9/22*BWI

Post Thanks / Like

Number 1 reason: convenience! I feel so special! It really feels like an extravegant vacation! Wake up with a call from Mickey, put on the coffee, watch the Disney Channel while you're getting dressed. Stroll out of your beautiful room--walk onto the monorail. Go to the parks, eat watch your child become mesmerized by everything! Take the ferry back to the resort, and maybe take a swim if you're not too tired. Listen to the fireworks if you leave early. Go to bed, do it again. WOW!
    (Can anyone tell that I am really ready to go back?)
    Can't wait until Sept!
    Don't need to watch where I'm going, just need to know where I've been--Mater

Post Thanks / Like

The complete removal from the real world and the total immersion in all things Disney just can't be beat! And along with the great Mickey wake-up calls, I even love setting the wake-up call and having them wish me magical dreams! It's one of the things I miss most when I'm home - setting the alarm clock just isn't the same!
    May '06 - offsite
    Dec. '07 - Poly
    Feb. '09 - WL
    Oct. '09 - CBR
    May '10 - POFQ/AKL
    Oct. '10 - BWI
    Jan./Feb. '11 - All Star Music
    March '12 - Poly
    Dec. '12 - Pop Century
    April '13 - Disneyland!
    Nov '13 - 1st Disney Cruise!
    June '14 - All Star Sports

Post Thanks / Like

We have always stayed on site and would never think of doing otherwise! When I get out of my car upon arrival, I do not want to see it again til it's time to go. I want to be as far away from the "real" world as possible. If not for my DD texting me every 5 minutes, I probably wouldn't have my cell phone either. Staying on property gives us an opportunity to experience WDW the way it should be. Less drive time means more vaca time! Disney transportation allows us to go to any park @ any given time (2 a day if we want), we can take mid-day breaks back @ our resort, go to other resorts and check them out. As we all know, WDW is not where you go to relax and do nothing. Staying on property gives us more opportunity to relax and enjoy our fave place a lot more!
    1974 - Off Property
    1975 - Poly
    1980 - Golf Resort (Honeymoon)
    1881 - Golf Resort
    1982 - Poly
    1983 - Contemporary
    1989 - CBR (10th anniversay)
    1998 - CBR (DD 1st trip )
    2001 - CBR
    2003 - WL
    2004 - WL (25th anniversary)
    2005 - WL
    2006 - WL
    2010 - WL

Post Thanks / Like

We like being on site for the magic of the resort itself. There is just something about the way Disney does it. We also love the transportation ease of being right on site. The only time we stay off site is if there is a conference in Orlando at another hotel and we are forced to stay there.

Poly--2010. POR 2010
    Poly and CR 2011
    POR- 2009
    Grand Floridian-2009
    Wilderness Lodge-2008
    Polynesian-2008
    Contemporary-2007
    Wilderness Lodge-2006 & 2006
    Off-Site-2006
    POR- YC POR 2005

CBR- 2004

Post Thanks / Like

DH and I love the convenience and the theming of on-site resorts. Also, we definitely appreciate EMH, and this year we're thinking of taking advantage of the free parking for resort guests at the parks. It sounds wonderful just to get into our own car after a long day of park hopping and avoid the crowds on the bus!

Soarin' to tower: We are ready for takeoff!

1986 - Royal Plaza
    1987 - Disney Inn (Now SOG)
    1990 - CR
    1993 - POFQ
    1994, 1997 - Travelodge (now Best Western LBV)
    2001, 2002 - WL
    2004 - GF
    2007 - POR
    2008 - CSR
    2009 - Pop/Poly
    2010 - VWL
    2011 - Cruise on the Dream

Post Thanks / Like

I love the convenience that comes with staying on-site (ME, EMH, Disney transportation, etc.), and I would never consider staying off-site. Even if we decide to venture out to the other theme parks one day, I still want to stay on-site. Nothing beats the Disney service!
    Disneyland - California: Countless times as a kid
    WDW (1st trip): 05.30.07 - 06.06.07, POP Century
    Hong Kong Disneyland: 06.15.08
    Disneyland - California: 05.27.09 (celebrating 24th birthday)

Upcoming trips:
    12.09.2009 - 12.10.2009, Disneyland - California

Post Thanks / Like

- Buses.
    - Don't have to pay for parking.
    - Magical Express.
    - Extra Magic Hours.
    - Save money on gas/rental car.

Carribean Beach '95
    Wilderness Lodge '96 '97 '98
    All Star Music '00 '01 '04
    Off-site '03
    All Star Movie '05 '06
    All Star Music 07'
    Pop Century with DBF Sep 08'
    Pop Century with family March 09'

Next trip: Disney and Universal Studios April 2015!

PINK!

Post Thanks / Like

I like staying on site because:
    -I love the Disney Atmospere

-I love the conveience. When My mom and I go to Disney we fly so it's so nice that we don't have to worry about rent a car and our lugage. Disney Magical express is reall nice. Also that you do not have to worry about parking.

-I also like that you can have bags shipped to your resort then you don't have to carry all the stuff you buy.

When I stay off property it does not feel the same. I love staying on property.
    I love the Jonas Brothers!

Post Thanks / Like

I am soo excited for about your first stay on property! You will LOVE it!
    Carrie

CBR: 2/21-2/25/17
    POR: 6/4-6/11/16
    POFQ: 11/15-11/19/15
    8/28-9/1/14 -DL-Dumbo 19.3 C2C
    POR: 1/7-1/14/14 -Dopey 48.6
    POR: 6/11-6/17/13
    ASMu: 1/11-1/15/13 -1st Full 26.2
    ASMu: 9/22-9/28/11
    ASMu: 6/7-6/13/11
    Pop: 1/30-2/6/10
    Pop: 2/1-2/7/09
    Pop: 1/08
    ASMu: 05/06
    Off-site: 12/93

Post Thanks / Like

We love to stay on site due to the fact is that we love to immerse ourselves in all things Disney. We are picked up from the Airport, and driven to our resort. You wake up and have the all about WDW channel on. Get our mug and refill during our whole stay from our resort. Wait for our bus and take us to a WDW park. There is the bus, boat, monorail to get us where we need to go. Everything from the soap and shampoo to driving away on the last day it is all about having to deal with the real world. Meals, movies, pools, and other things to do in down time is awesome and still do not have to deal with daily grind. The last for us we have a history here, I grew up comming here along with DH doing the same with his family, and we have brought love to our 2DS. We have stayed off site also, but let me tell you we wish at those times that we were back on site.

Post Thanks / Like

Default No Driving!

One of the best things for us about staying on property is leaving the car in the parking lot for seven days. We are big fans of using Disney transportation. It is a little extra (or huge depending how you feel about the whole bus issue) perk from staying in the parks to us. Have a great trip.
    Last trip January 2010 @ Pop
    Next trip September 2010 @ Pop

It's great to be a Florida Gator

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pink View Post
    - Buses.
    - Don't have to pay for parking.
    - Magical Express.
    - Extra Magic Hours.
    - Save money on gas/rental car.

All of the reasons listed above PLUS....It gives you a wonderful Disney experience throughout your stay and need I mention FREE DINING in August/September!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cer View Post
    I am soo excited for about your first stay on property! You will LOVE it!
    AWWWWW, thanks!!! I will DEFINATELY have to write a trip report when we get home!!!
    I just love this site! I feel I'm in a place with people just like me!!!!!
    Offsite as a teen

2003 offsite at the now Nick hotel
    2009 May POR

Kaylee 14
    Delaney 11
    Emmi 3
    DH 38 and me 37

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by playdead88 View Post
    if i couldn't stay on site i wouldn't go - staying on site is part of the magic - no car, parking, traffic - i leave the real world behind for a week - its magic

Get away from the REAL world................. Nuff said.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: