Quantcast Your first Disney Memory

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

View Poll Results: What is your first Disney memory - Vote and elaborate please.

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Walt Disney World/Disneyland

9 23.08%
  • World Of Disney/Disney's Wonderful World of Color

19 48.72%
  • Disney Feature Films

7 17.95%
  • Disney Feature Cartoons

4 10.26%
  • Unknown Connections to Disney

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Your first Disney Memory

I was just sitting here thinking about when Disney became important to me. Like the actual moment. I remember when WDW became important, but I mean Disney in particular, as a whole. It seems like Disney has always been there in my life. I am now pushing 36 and I can not remember a time when in some fashion Disney was not part of my growing up.

My first memory that I have clearly is sitting in front of our old T.V. watching World of Disney, the night that Sleeping Beauty came on. Watching that dragon up there on the little screen just amazed me and I was hooked. Now I also remember seeing Bambi at a drive in around the same time a crying like mad, but I can not tell you which came first.
    For the sake of this post I will say that Sleeping Beauty wins and started my fascination with the Castle, the cartoons and all things Disney.

How about you?

D
    It's gonna be the future soon
    I won't always be this way
    When the things that make me weak and strange get engineered away
    -Emil Bleehall - Adventurer of the Year!

Next Stop... MNSSHP Oct. 2011! Oh boy here we go!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Watching Sleeping Beauty is also my first Disney memory!! Its still my favorite Disney film.

-Josh

Offsite (4x) and Polynesian (1x) 1988-96
    Pop Century May 2005
    Port Orleans French Quarter May 2008
    Pop Century December 2008
    Port Orleans French Quarter May 2009
    Coronado Springs March 2010
    Pop Century December 2012!!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure which category to choose, so I didn't. My first Disney memory was watching the original Mickey Mouse Club in the mid 50'S. That shows my age, LOL I remember the opening of Disneyland and wanting so bad to go there. I was hooked but had to wait 'til 1971 when WDW opened.
    Bill
    It's never too late to have a happy childhood. But the second one is up to you and no one else.

AKL, Jambo, September 18 to October 2, 2012

Post Thanks / Like

I can not believe I did not put MMC, sorry about that, I blame the pain killers I am on for the error!

D

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm, I grew up in California watching Disney movies and going to Disneyland. I don't know which came first though, so I couldn't vote. I'm going to guess it was Disneyland first, since my parents have pictures of me at Disneyland from when I was 2 or 3. I don't think I would have sat through a movie at that age.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

my first memory is when i was 6. my family lived in a hawaii, and were moving back to kansas city. we flew into LA and my dad took us to disneyland..what remember is sitting on a curb, watching the parade, and one of the characters from Pinochio came by and patted me on the head....next time we went to disneyworld i was probably about 8 or so, and i remember the same character did the same thing...i swore he recognized me. haha.
    Have A Magical Day-1970-1989-offsite, 2002-DLR, 2003-DLR, 2005-Sports, 2007-All Music, 2008-POP, December 12-21 2009-Pop, January 16-18, 2010-Disneyland. Disney Sports-Feb 1-6, 2012, Disneyland-December 7 and 8, 2012, DIsney Pop-Feb 1-5, 2013 (my son's first trip.)

Post Thanks / Like

I remember sitting at home watching Disney's wounderful world of color.
    * stayed at more then once
    Yacht Club, POR, POFQ,CSR,All Star Sports*,
    CBR,Pop Century*,CR,WL,FortWilderness* Animal Kingdom lodge,All Star Music*.

SFTrny Guest

The Wonderful World of Disney, followed by Marlin Perkins and Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom. This was a weekend staple and NOT to be missed. We saw ll sorts of Disney features, including some really great nature documentaries that I miss.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SFTrny View Post
    The Wonderful World of Disney, followed by Marlin Perkins and Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom. This was a weekend staple and NOT to be missed. We saw ll sorts of Disney features, including some really great nature documentaries that I miss.
    That's right! I remember the Disney film shorts they use to show us in Science class too. Does anyone else remeber getting excited when you would walk in and see the projector set up and your teacher said, "OK, don't take your books out, we are going to watch a film strip today." Wow I used to love those films!

D

Post Thanks / Like

I think it was seeing Lady and the Tramp.
    Where are we going, and why are we in this handbasket?

WDW stays
    1998 Old Key West
    2003 Animal Kingdom Lodge
    2005 Port Orleans FQ
    2007 Coronado Springs
    2009 Contemporary

Post Thanks / Like

My first memory was when i went to Disney world for the first time when i was six, and walking into the Magic Kingdom, seeing the castle and then me and my sister sprinting to the Winnie the Pooh ride, thats when i knew what disney was really about, all the magic.
    "Sometimes, if you stand on the bottom rail of a bridge and lean over to watch the river slipping slowly away beneath you, you will suddenly know everything there is to be known.”- Winnie The Pooh

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dmosher View Post
    Now I also remember seeing Bambi at a drive in around the same time a crying like mad, but I can not tell you which came first.
    My first memory would be watching Bambi And Dumbo around 4yrs old. And I remember crying terribly at both movies, Bambi- Because the mother was killed. And Dumbo-When the mother was in the cage, and was taken away and when she sang "Baby mine" Now seriously thinking of that still makes me sad and it has been 20 freakin years! lol I guess because I have always been Very close with my Mother those two movies upset me because I never wanted/want anything to happen to my Mommy
    After seeing those two movies, I quickly refused to watch them again. And I haven't watched them since, And don't plan TO!
    I have a Disney cd and it had the song "Baby mine" on it and I listened to it for the first time about a month ago, And.. This is alittle embarrassing ...But I kid you not, It made me cry hearing it . It brought back all of those memories from when I was a kid, And how upset the movie made me.
    It's really embarrassing to admit that, But it's true I figured this is the only place I could admit to that, Without being laughed out of the building.

Post Thanks / Like

I can not believe I did not put MMC, sorry about that, I blame the pain killers I am on for the error!

D
    No problem I know just how much help and hindrance pain killers can be...careful of them bears.
    Kungaloosh!
    Bill
    It's never too late to have a happy childhood. But the second one is up to you and no one else.

AKL, Jambo, September 18 to October 2, 2012

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess21 View Post
    It's really embarrassing to admit that, But it's true I figured this is the only place I could admit to that, Without being laughed out of the building.
    No worries Princess, whenever I hear that song I get misty-eyed myself. I just try not to listen to it on my way to Rugby match or the pub. Unless I want a sympathy beer. Yeah Right!

D

Post Thanks / Like

No worries Princess, whenever I hear that song I get misty-eyed myself.
    LOL After hearing it the first time, I now always skip to the next song as soon as it comes on

Unless I want a sympathy beer. Yeah Right!
    Hey, Whatever works for ya!

Post Thanks / Like

My first memory is of the sitting around in the family room to watch the Wonderful World of Disney when it was still called Disneyland. It was named that to promote the theme park and I remember seeing this, to a 5 year old, dream place called Disneyland. Little did I know that my parents had decided to visit relatives in Rossmoor, CA and we visited the real Disneyland not long after it opened. What a dream!
    26 years staying at the Polynesian
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday...
    Twenty six straight years staying at the Polynesian
    Next trip: October 2018

Post Thanks / Like

Sweet, that's a great story.

D

Post Thanks / Like

It was either Disney World....Main St USA or watching Disney every Sunday night on TV after dinner. I was quite young to it's hard to remember. I do remember the "magic" though!
    Off-Site: 1977, 1984, 1988, 1991, 1993, and 2000
    All-Star Sports - 2002

Coronado Springs Resort - July 12-19, 2008
    Pop Century Resort - May 14-21, 2009
    Caribbean Beach Resort - August 15-20, 2010

Post Thanks / Like

See, I wish I could have gone to WDW or even DL as a child, I am curious what it would have been like to see it when I still believed in magic. I mean I do now, but it';s a different kind. I am talking about the back when if you saw Mickey ion the park you though t it really was Mickey Mouse! I wish I had that memory. You guys are soooooooo lucky!
    :pipeS:
    D

Post Thanks / Like

I can remember as a very young child sitting at home and watching Wonderful World of Disney. I can remember thinking of how wonderful it must be to visit Disneyland, and then when they opened Walt Disney World, I thought I might actually have a chance to visit a Disney park! (I knew my parents would never travel all the way to California) I had to wait until Dec. '74, but it did finally happen!
    Jul80 DLR, Dec75 FW, Sept91 offsite, Sept95 ASSp, June00 offsite, June01 ASMo, July02 WL, June03 ASMo, Oct03 POR, Poly, Aug04 Pop,ASMu, Oct04 ASSp, Sept05 CSR,Pop,CBR, Dec06 WL,Pop, Sept07 POP,POR, Dec07 POP,May08 POP, Sept08 CR,Sept09 POP,Aug10 CBR, Feb11 POP, July11 AKL, Nov12 POP, March13 offsite

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: