Quantcast Just booked 4 night cruise - questions!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Just booked 4 night cruise - questions!

I have been staying away from this board as we had to cancel our 7 night DCL cruise that we were to take in Feb 2010 due to cost. It was depressing to come here as I was so bummed. We then switched to Royal Caribbean and were going to cruise on the new Oasis which was about $3000 less than the DCL cruise that we cancelled. This week we found out that DH's company is asking that everyone take 2 weeks of UNPAID vacation which got us thinking about our finances. We still owed about $5000 on the RCL cruise and there was just no way we were going to be able to save it between now and the time it was due. WIth this new development with DH's company and the economy we really did not want to put the cruise on a credit card. SOOO...

I looked into a 4 night DCL for March using part DVC points and part cash and we were able to swing it! WOO HOO!

We did a 7 night DCL last year and my questions about the 4 night are:

- Is there a Pirate Party with fireworks and if so which night is it?
    - Is there a semi-formal and a formal night?
    - I have read some about Nassau - We would like to hit a beach for a while and do a little shopping. I have read about going to a hotel and using their pools/beach (NOT Atlantis, I think it is a Westin). Anyone done this?
    - Any other Nassau recommendations?
    - Do they have a Palo brunch on the 4 night? If so is it only on the sea day?
    - What (if anything) would be different between the Magic and the Wonder?

Thanks for any thoughts!!
    ~Lisa aka Tinkermom

DVC Member since 05/01

Most Recent Trips:
    12/28/12-1/4/13 OKW to watch our son and his HS marching band on Main Street on NYE!
    7/13/12-7/17/12 Vero Beach & 7/17/12-7/23/12 WLVs

Next up: 5/28-6/12 Vero Beach (Beach Cottage!)/Fort Myers/Treehouse Villas

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

How great that you booked a 4 night and that you're going to be cruising soon!

I'll take a stab at some of your questions:

- Is there a Pirate Party with fireworks and if so which night is it? Sure is. The night has changed on occasion. When we went, it was our third night, after visiting Castaway Cay.
    - Is there a semi-formal and a formal night? Just a "dress up" night.- I have read some about Nassau - We would like to hit a beach for a while and do a little shopping. I have read about going to a hotel and using their pools/beach (NOT Atlantis, I think it is a Westin). Anyone done this? Not me... we stay on the ship and enjoy the peace and quiet.
    - Any other Nassau recommendations?
    - Do they have a Palo brunch on the 4 night? If so is it only on the sea day? Yes, brunch is on the sea day.
    - What (if anything) would be different between the Magic and the Wonder? The decor varies some (art deco instead of art deco); the restaurant off the lobby is Triton's instead of Lumiere's; the Deck 9 buffet is Topsider on one, Beach Blanket Bingo on the other; some of the kids activities are set up differently; but it's still Disney.
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Default Nassau

Did Blackbeard's Cay in Nassau. Private beach island with lunch and sting rays. Nice, quiet and private. Short boat trip from pier and was not too expensive 65 per person

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Duck Rules View Post
    Did Blackbeard's Cay in Nassau. Private beach island with lunch and sting rays. Nice, quiet and private. Short boat trip from pier and was not too expensive 65 per person
    Ooooohhh, I had skipped right over this excursion because I thought it focused soley on the stingrays. We swam with stingrays in Grand Cayman on our last cruise but DD who was 6 at the time was scared. It looks like with this it is mostly a lovely beach day and I assume she can skip the stingray part if she wants- am I right?? According to the DCL site it is only $49 for adults and $39 for kids!!! Awesome!!
    ~Lisa aka Tinkermom

DVC Member since 05/01

Most Recent Trips:
    12/28/12-1/4/13 OKW to watch our son and his HS marching band on Main Street on NYE!
    7/13/12-7/17/12 Vero Beach & 7/17/12-7/23/12 WLVs

Next up: 5/28-6/12 Vero Beach (Beach Cottage!)/Fort Myers/Treehouse Villas

Post Thanks / Like

Default Stingrays

It is not mandatory and is in a netted off lagoon. I have also done the Stingrays in the Cayman's and this one is tamer. Water is about waist deep and calm. the rays have also had there stingers removed and are more tame than wild....

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: