Quantcast dramamine for those scary/twisty rides??? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyFan View Post
    Bonine should be available in most drug stores and pharmacies. You might also look for Ginger gum. It's what the Blue Angels give the ride along guys when they're doing air demos. I know it's available at Amazon, haven't looked at my local stores though.

Ginger gum? What a great idea-I'll keep my eye out for that. That would be the perfect soultion for my non-pill swallowing DS

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I also tend to get very motion sick and when we went in October I tried something different.

I used a wrist band that puts pressure on "pressure points" on my wrist and tried it for tower of terror, expedition everest and rock n roller coaster, and a few other rides which were rides that normally I would love to go on, but would make me . I felt fine and we went on the rides over and over again.

I got the band during a hip surgery. The hospital said they were trying them instead of medication for patients who had difficulties with anesthesia. So I said I would try it. Not only did it help with surgery, I also will keep it in my Disney bag now!!! No pills for me!
    trennedy

Go Cubs!!

Post Thanks / Like

I get patches from my doctor that go behind my ear. They're called Transderm Scope patches and they work great! Each patch lasts for 3 days.
    PrincessJadesMom
    January 1985-Off site
    April 2006-All Star Movies
    September 2007-Pop Century
    October 2010-Pop Century
    January 2012-Disney Magic Eastern Caribbean Cruise
    February 2012-All Star Movies
    October 2013-All Star Movies
    October 2014-Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean Cruise

Home of the World Champion White Sox and World Champion Chicago Blackhawks X's 2!!!!
    Post Thanks / Like

I have vertigo, I control it w/physical therapy exercises---so it's under control 99.9% of the time(thanks to a middle ear infection as an adult ) So I was nervous last year about riding Mission Space and RNR, anything upside down makes me nervous that it will act up again. So I can take anivert(sp) it's a perscription medicine for the vertigo---I honestly had no issues what so ever. My meds are the same thing as the OTC dramamine mine puts me to sleep for a long time--don't take the regular strength one you won't be able to function very good in the long run.
    '79 Ft Wilderness Campgrounds/CR
    '81 off property
    '86 CR
    '87 CR
    '89 Disney Inn
    '96 DL
    '97 WL
    '98 CS
    '07 WLV
    '08 Poly Princess Suite
    '09 Poly Princess Suite
    '10 May CR Hospitally Suite kiddos surprise trip!
    '11 May YC Club Level
    '14 Oct CS Executive Level

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by trennedy View Post

I used a wrist band that puts pressure on "pressure points" on my wrist and tried it for tower of terror, expedition everest and rock n roller coaster, and a few other rides which were rides that normally I would love to go on, but would make me . I felt fine and we went on the rides over and over again.
    I have also used these bands for morning sickness, and they worked well for me too. The brand I used was called Sea Bands, and I used them with the ginger tablets, so I'm not sure if one was better than the other, but I do know it took care of most of my nausea and vomiting. I definitley think it's worth a try as the Dramamine, even the non-drowsy formula, puts me to sleep for hours.
    "Have a Magical Day"

WDW Obsessed since 1984!

Post Thanks / Like

ask your doc for transderm scopolamine patches - they go behind your ear every 3 days and dont make ya sleepy - we write rxs for them all the time for people going on cruises and surgeons use them after a patient has ear surgery - they're great and not $$
    playdead88

boardwalk villas may 2005
    boardwalk villas may 2006
    beach club villas april 2007

wilderness lodge april 2008
    DVC member april 08
    animal kingdom villas may 09

Post Thanks / Like

DW is considering this for rides like MS and Star Tours which make her queasy. I'm not to thrilled about her taking it though. I take some before flying
    1965*, 1972, 1980, 1986, 1992, 1994, 1997, 1999, 2001, 2003, 2004 Disneyland ** Aug 2009 25th Wedding Anniversary, 2010 (June), 2012

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - I will either find a way or make one

Post Thanks / Like

where can we get the wrist bands? this sounds cool! Spoke to my pharmasist and he said that dram. and bonine will make me drowsy so I def. don't want to take that!
    I would LOVE to try the star tours and ms and soaring, but I KNOW it will make me sick!!!! So my mission is to find SOMETHING!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerddeedee View Post
    where can we get the wrist bands? this sounds cool! Spoke to my pharmasist and he said that dram. and bonine will make me drowsy so I def. don't want to take that!
    I would LOVE to try the star tours and ms and soaring, but I KNOW it will make me sick!!!! So my mission is to find SOMETHING!
    Go to Amazon.com and search "bio band" that is close to what I got from the hospital. Read what people said about them and see what you think. Then see if any pharmacy near you carries them or maybe a Shopko/Target/Walmart. Good luck, because they worked really well for me!! Have a great time!
    trennedy

Go Cubs!!

Post Thanks / Like

I get motion sickness too. I tried the Star Tours and that made me sick, but Soarin' was fabulous and didn't make me sick at all. I won't even try Mission Space.
    PrincessJadesMom
    January 1985-Off site
    April 2006-All Star Movies
    September 2007-Pop Century
    October 2010-Pop Century
    January 2012-Disney Magic Eastern Caribbean Cruise
    February 2012-All Star Movies
    October 2013-All Star Movies
    October 2014-Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean Cruise

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: