Quantcast Stroller Rental Advise?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Question Stroller Rental Advise?

My wife and I are debating on buying another Stroller to accommodate my 5 year old while going through the Parks at WDW. We have two other children 3yrs and 2yrs.
    For a one week stay, it will cost us $162 to rent a stroller for him. Is it Worth it, or should we just buy our Own? Any advise is helpful..

Thanks..

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I would say let him walk, and rent a double stoller for the other 2. If he gets tired, you can always do some rotating with the 3 year old and its easier to carry the 2 years old for a bit if you must. Otherwise you also have to negotiate 2 strollers and it could be tough time
    1999 -2005 Former CM at Space Mtn and Caricature artist at AK and Resorts
    Jan 06 BC/Cruise/ASM
    Sept 06 Pop
    April 07 Pop
    Dec. 07 Caribbean Beach
    Aug 09 Pop
    May 10 Pop
    Jan 12 - Dolphin - WDW Half Marathon 1:44:45
    Sept 12 - ToT run and MNSSHP - Pop

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think the stroller rentals are worth it at all. You could buy a really nice one for that price. As suggested above, rotating the kids can work, but it depends on how much you want to let the 3 & 2 yr old walk and how easily the 5 yr old gets tired. If nothing else I would suggest buying a little umbrella stroller (less than $30) for the 5 yr old. It'd save you a lot of money and they're usually light and compact.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Buy one. Disney has really inflated the prices of the strollers. We got one for about 30 to 50 bucks from kmart. It wasn't an umbrella style it was a normal stroller. It held up very good and folded compact. I can't remember exactly how much it was and I shopped around for them everywhere because I didn't want to be hunched over the umbrella style all week. We didn't want to spend that much either because we have a double that he can ride in but it's so wide I hate using it in Disney.
    You could always switch around with the stroller you have but for 40 bucks or so save yourself the headache.
    Yacht Club May 2015
    AoA Holiday 2013
    Pop Century May 2012, July 2011, May 2008, and May 2006
    All Star Music Sept 2007
    All Star Movies May 2006
    Many Trips as a Child Contemporary, Polynesian, Grand Floridian, Swan, Dolphin, and Board Walk

Post Thanks / Like

We always used umbrella strollers, especially at that age when they tend to want to be out as much as they are in the stroller.
    "One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation, right at the start of everything thats new, one little spark lights up for you!"

șoș

Mom to our little Prince Everett and Princess Adelaide
    August 2020 Caribbean Beach!
    Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate.

Post Thanks / Like

From my experience buying a stroller (cheaply if possible) would be well worth it. The amount of walking can really fatigue a child - and we know how much fun that can be. Have a great trip!
    wolfhog

past trips:
    once or twice a year
    since 83 on
    & off (shame on me - I know)
    property

Post Thanks / Like

You could easily buy a stroller for less than
    $162 so no it's not worth it to rent.
    Michelle

Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.

Post Thanks / Like

Buy one for your 5 year old. Renting is too much trouble IMO. You have to wait in line to get a rental, they're too big and bulky and cost too $$$$. Making your 5 year old walk the entire trip will make for a very tired and miserable little one. I'm speaking from experience. Last summer we tried to make our then 5 year old walk. She was fine during the day but when we returned to the parks at night she was exausted from walking all day. The other problem with renting is you wont have a stroller at your resort, DTD, the airport etc. Good Luck!
    Planned for 2015, SSR in June, BWV in July
    14 AKL & BCV
    13 WLV & BCV & SSR
    12 AKV, BCV, POFQ
    11 Akv, BCV, SSR
    10 AKV, BCV, WLV
    09 AKV, BCV,POFQ
    08 BWV, WL & BC
    07 OKW
    06 SSR, OKW, BC, PR & DVC
    05 AKL, CBR, WL & HARDROCK
    04 CS & DISNEYLAND
    98 CS
    77, 87, 94 OFF SITE

Post Thanks / Like

LOL...I actually like to rent...call me CRAZY!!! My dd7 still uses a stroller, so I rent a double stroller and it gives her a chance to relax and escape the sun and crowds.

I don't think the WDW strollers are too large and they have a storage area/pocket. I usually do a length of stay rental which eliminates waiting in lines. Last year the lines were one or two people ahead of me...not a long wait at all. The WDW strollers are more rugged and you cannot take them back to the resort. We stayed at POP and never carried a stroller back and forth.

I am sure you will decide what is best for your family! Have a wonderful trip.

Post Thanks / Like

While we rented a double stroller which had tons of rooms and allowed for naps etc during the day, it was inconvenient to say the least to NOT have a stroller when taking the buses back to our resort. If you rent you have to turn it in at the gate and with a sleep little one it can be a long walk to the bus stop and an even longer walk from the bus to your room at the resort.
    One time we inadvertently got off at the Yacht Club instead of the Beach Club and we had to carry 2 sleeping children what seemed an eternity!
    I'd definitely recommend bringing your own.
    BCV June 2009
    Swan Mar 2009
    OKW Sept 2008
    BCV July 2007
    BCV Dec 2006
    AKL Jan 2006
    ASM Oct 2005
    BCV Oct 2005
    BCV May 2005
    BCV Dec 2004 (our first trip)

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: