Quantcast POP vs. POFQ

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: POP vs. POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Default POP vs. POFQ

Hi everyone! I know this questions has probably been asked a million times, but I recently changed my reservation for October. We are now staying at POP in place of POFQ. For the last three years I have stayed at POFQ and I love the resort. I have three young children, and staying at POP made sense(especially since it saved me almost $600!) I know POP is alot bigger, (family doesn't mind walking) but am I going to regret this choice? As always, any and all feedback will be much appreciated!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We really like POP, and our family doesn't spend too much time at the resort to justify spending more than value. Yes, there is a lot of walking, but you might luck out with your room. The food court is great, not much different than what you are used to. The theming is over the top, but your kids will love it. Like I said, our family loves POP!
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Talking POP Century

We liked the ICONS and the themeing of the POP. It is fun for kids. The pools are good too. The food court is good and big. You will like it.

to Intercot.
    Keep smiling and Have a magical day!!!
    It's all good.

We love to serve fun, food, and deliciousness.

AKA: Jean and Marty

Post Thanks / Like

Enjoy POP for what it is - a great value resort. If you get a chance, stop by and visit POFQ if you can while you are there - it's sort of like an old friend.

We always make plans to visit WL whenever we go, no matter where we stay!
    Everybody's got a laughing place - trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it.

Post Thanks / Like

We love POP, especially DC. In fact, last year we gave them the choice of 2 rooms at POP or 1 room at POR (less expensive) and they chose POP. They love the theming, especially my youngest (who was 2 and 4 during our two stays there).

IMO, the gift shop and food court are among the best WDW has to offer. I think we may have to plan a visit there this time around or I'm sure I'll miss it.

The icons around the resort are great and make for wonderful photo ops! My scrapbook is full of them. My kids love the Hippie Dippie Pool, and the Goofy sprinkler. DH and I liked walking around the resort, esp. the Generation Gap Bridge.

The rooms are very comfortable, and after staying at POFQ, we didn't even notice a difference in room size.

I think you'll be very happy at POP-you might just leave with a new favorite resort!
    "That’s the real trouble with the world, too many people grow up." ~Walt Disney

Disneyland 1987
    WDW 1992
    POFQ 6/25/01-7/1/01
    POP 6/26/06-7/1/06
    POP 8/4/08-8/9/08
    POR 8/5/09-8/12/09
    POR 10/27-10/31
    Next Trip- POR 6/23-6/28

Post Thanks / Like

It's a fun resort.I've heard people describe it as a motel 6,don't listen to the hotel snobs.It's a fun,whimsical place with a true resort feel,O.K., maybe no gym,but who wants to work out on vacation.
    Poly10/75
    FWCabins3/93Poly11/01
    CBR4/05PORand BC2/06Pop11/06
    MarriottGrandeVista5/07
    CBR9/07
    Pop1/08
    POFQ5/08
    CS 9/08
    POFQ 5/09
    CBR9/09
    HRH11/09
    POFQ/POLY5/10