Quantcast Best way to get to Hoop Dee Do?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Best way to get to Hoop Dee Do?

Does anyone know the best way to get to Hoop Dee Do Review from Hollywood Studios? I have heard it is time consuming and sometimes confusing to get there. Someone told me to take the shuttle bus to Downtown Disney and then switch to a shuttle going to Fort Wilderness. Any other suggestions?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Why not just take the bus straight from DHS to Ft. Wilderness ? Or drive your pov if you have it with you. It's when you're trying to get from resort to resort for adr's is when you have to transfer buses like that.
    16 trips to "The World"

Last trip - April 2018 - Polynesian
    Next trip to WDW - December 2018 - Beach club

"Disneyworld will never be complete. It will continue to grow as long as there's imagination left in the world."

Post Thanks / Like

There are no buses from DHS to DTD, so take the bus from DHS to Fort Wilderness. I think you will have to take an internal bus at Fort Wilderness to Hoop Dee Do. I am sure someone will be along to tell you about that. Have you ever been to HDD? We love the show-- enjoy!!
    Sainter
    Oct97 AS Sports/Trop Palms
    Oct00 AS Sports/4 Pts Sheraton
    Oct01 Condo Nov02 POR/Calypso Cay
    Oct 03 POR Nov04 Pop
    Oct05, Mar07, June08 POR
    Mar09 AS Sports, Sept09 POR
    Mar11 Pop/CSR, Jan12 AS Sports
    Oct12 POR/CB, Oct14 OKW
    Sep15POFQ, Oct16 Pop/POR
    Sep17 AKL

Post Thanks / Like

1. Bus from DHS to Fort Wilderness, then switch to the internal campground bus and tell the driver you are going to the Hoop De Doo.

2. Go to MK and take the boat to FW. You can walk the short distance to the Hoop De Doo from the boat dock. No need to take an internal bus.

Be sure you have advance tickets or reservations. This is a very popular dinner show.
    Ron
    INTERCOT Staff
    WDW Cast Member
    Expedition: Everest
    Kali River Rapids

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WDWdriver View Post
    1. Bus from DHS to Fort Wilderness, then switch to the internal campground bus and tell the driver you are going to the Hoop De Doo.

2. Go to MK and take the boat to FW. You can walk the short distance to the Hoop De Doo from the boat dock. No need to take an internal bus.

Be sure you have advance tickets or reservations. This is a very popular dinner show.
    Good call with the boat, but definitely takes longer in my opinion.
    1999 -2005 Former CM at Space Mtn and Caricature artist at AK and Resorts
    Jan 06 BC/Cruise/ASM
    Sept 06 Pop
    April 07 Pop
    Dec. 07 Caribbean Beach
    Aug 09 Pop
    May 10 Pop
    Jan 12 - Dolphin - WDW Half Marathon 1:44:45
    Sept 12 - ToT run and MNSSHP - Pop

Post Thanks / Like

Default Best way to get to Hoop Dee Do reply

Thanks to everyone for your suggestions. We've been to Disney twice in the past 4 years and I'm still getting used to all the transportation. We had a mishap last time leaving a park for adr and it took us forever to get back to our hotel. We just got so turned around and led in the wrong direction. I am trying to get a little more prepared for our upcoming trip (5/30 to 6/6).
    We do have adr for Hoop Dee Do and it is our first time going there. I've heard great reviews and we are really looking forward to it. The day we are going is my son's 9th birthday so we hope it will be a fun place to celebrate it!

Post Thanks / Like

As much As I love the free WDW transportation, if you are pressed for time or are extremely confused about multiple connections, you may want to consider taking a cab. We had Hoop De Doo ADR's and were very delayed getting our act together from the hotel; plus it was pouring rain at the time we had to leave. We never would have made it on WDW transportation, so we just hopped a cab and then took the internal FW transportation to Hoop De Doo. The cost was only about $15 for 5 of us. It was well worth the cost, since we made it with moments to spare. Although it was an unplanned expense, it saved a lot of aggravation and disappointment.

2018 Port Orleans Riverside
    2012 Port Orleans Riverside
    2011 Port Orleans French Quarter
    2009 Grand Floridian
    2007 Contemporary
    2006 Grand Floridian
    2004 Polynesian
    1980 Day trip to MK

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Hoop Dee Doo

to Intercot. Use it daily, you will get lots of good tips. I sent you a private message. Check it out when you get a chance.
    Keep smiling and Have a magical day!!!
    It's all good.

We love to serve fun, food, and deliciousness.

AKA: Jean and Marty

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phillydan View Post
    As much As I love the free WDW transportation, if you are pressed for time or are extremely confused about multiple connections, you may want to consider taking a cab. We had Hoop De Doo ADR's and were very delayed getting our act together from the hotel; plus it was pouring rain at the time we had to leave. We never would have made it on WDW transportation, so we just hopped a cab and then took the internal FW transportation to Hoop De Doo. The cost was only about $15 for 5 of us. It was well worth the cost, since we made it with moments to spare. Although it was an unplanned expense, it saved a lot of aggravation and disappointment.
    Sometimes paying the extra 15 bucks or so is worth it to avoid all the hassle of waiting for the bus, riding the bus, transfering, etc...
    1999 -2005 Former CM at Space Mtn and Caricature artist at AK and Resorts
    Jan 06 BC/Cruise/ASM
    Sept 06 Pop
    April 07 Pop
    Dec. 07 Caribbean Beach
    Aug 09 Pop
    May 10 Pop
    Jan 12 - Dolphin - WDW Half Marathon 1:44:45
    Sept 12 - ToT run and MNSSHP - Pop

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WDWdriver View Post
    This most likely will take a bit longer, but this is how we always get to Hoop De Doo. It is a really enjoyable way to get there. Riding the boat from MK across Seven Seas Lagoon and Bay Lake to Fort Wilderness is really nice. And when you get to Fort Wilderness, it is hardly a walk from the boat dock to Pioneer Hall (where Hoop De Doo takes place). I highly recommend this route, but make sure you leave plenty of time. It has taken us upwards of 1 1/2 hours to get to Hoop De Doo in the past. (That isn't to say it will take you that long, but it definitely has taken that long for us before.)

Quote Originally Posted by susanccr View Post
    We do have adr for Hoop Dee Do and it is our first time going there. I've heard great reviews and we are really looking forward to it. The day we are going is my son's 9th birthday so we hope it will be a fun place to celebrate it!
    This goes beyond the scope of your original post, but if this is your first time to Hoop De Doo, you might also consider taking a nice carriage ride or hayride through the Fort Wilderness campgrounds after the show. We had never done this and discovered it a couple of trips ago. Now it is a tradition for us. You pick up the carriage ride or hayride just outside Pioneer Hall (across the walkway from the front entrance to Pioneer Hall and a few steps to the right). It is a nice, serene ride through the woods of Fort Wilderness, then through some of the dark, quiet roads in the campgrounds. It's really nice. The first time we did this, it was timed perfectly -- our driver took us through the woods to the shore of Bay Lake right as the Electrical Water Pageant was starting. We sat there and watched the parade, then continued on our way. Just a thought to top off your evening after having a great, rowdy time at Hoop De Doo.
    "Hi ho, Kermit the Frog here, and welcome to Muppet Vision 3D."

Post Thanks / Like

If you really want to get there fast, stay in a preferred campsite at FW and walk to Pioneer Hall.

If you time it right, the buses won't take terribly long. I agree that the boat can be more pleasant though.
    Former watcher of the original b&w Mouseketeers.

Honeymooned in WDW in '76. Devoted husband and WDW fanatic (in that order :-) ) since then.

Post Thanks / Like

we went to MK and took the boat. loved the Hoop De Doo. great food and great entertainment.

kate
    Oct 07 POR
    Oct 08 ASMo
    Jan 09 ASMu
    SEP 09 ASMo
    DEC 09 CBR-solo trip
    Dec 10 Pop
    Oct 11 CS
    Oct 12 CSR, Dream
    Dec 12 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

We have done Hoop Dee Doo the last two times we went and both times we took the boat from Mk to the Hoop dee Doo! But the last time we went a tstorm broke out during the show and they shut the boats down afterwards! So we had to wait forever for a bus, finally got one to take us to the fort wilderness lodge and from there we got to a MK, then we had to grab another bus back to our resort. They could do something better here!

Steve
    1982 Off Site 4 Days
    2006 All Star Music 10 Days
    2008 Pop Century 10 Days

2009 all star movies 10 days
    2010 all star Music 5 days
    2011 Port Orleans Riverside 10 days
    2013 Port Orleans Riverside 9 days
    2015 Caribbean Resort 10 Days

Post Thanks / Like

I hear of people taking cabs all the time - I guess the cabbies don't mind the short local trips? I'm thinking they would probably rather have a fare to the airport.
    Everybody's got a laughing place - trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: