Quantcast Disney President and CEO Bob Iger Announces the Launch of D23! - Page 9

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by big blue and hairy View Post
    Unless they come up with something spectacular, or lower the price below the price of the four mags, this Disney fanatic will go nowhere near it.
    Me either!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down

Time for a letter to Iger, Jeff. That's unacceptable to a degree that's almost astounding.

Wal-Mart provides better service than that.

Get your money back and keep your membership. That's what I would demand from him. That level of service is inexcusable from any company, let alone one that claims to provide "world class" guest service.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Melanears View Post
    Me either!
    One more bit of evidence that you and BBH are both smarter than I am.

I fell for this stupid thing hook, line, and sinker ...
    Ian ºOº

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

I just picked up my mag, card, certificate and sticker from my parents home. They called to say the stuff came in Friday, but I thought it was just the card. Apparantly my stuff came in pretty quickly.

That being said I haven't received the litho.

Still undecided about the price though. If the mag lives up to its promise of historic photos, artwork and history I will be satisfied but if it turns into a large format commercial for toys, movies and princess paraphanlia then I will be quite upset.

I also took the bait but I will wait a little longer to cast judgement.....
    "Believe me, it's the most exciting and challenging assignment we have ever tackled at Walt Disney Productions."
    Walt Disney speaking on the future Disney World

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    One more bit of evidence that you and BBH are both smarter than I am.

I fell for this stupid thing hook, line, and sinker ...
    Yeah, that actually surprised me. I thought for sure you'd be in the I don't think so category.

Maybe it was before your morning coffee??

Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're NOT out to get you!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Time for a letter to Iger, Jeff. That's unacceptable to a degree that's almost astounding.
    Oh especially after today I get a call from Disneyshopping.com telling to wait to call them back until March 30th after telling me yesterday to call them on the 27th. So I called them today and requested a refund saying if this is the service I am receiving I want out! He said well we are just sorting things out and not reallly sure how to handle this I have to pass message on to D23 and wait for them to get back to see if there is anything that can be done. I said can I speak to somebody with
    D23 and he said well not really but in my message I will ask if someone can give you a call. Again sorry this is all new we are still sorting this all out it's so new to us. After a letter to Iger next step dispute the charge on my Credit Card
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

Man I guess I should have bought some pins. I was curious and looked on Ebay and the one pin where Mickey and Minnie are in the plane is up to $97 and someone is trying to sell the Tinkerbell one for $250 since it is sold out now.
    Off Site-- All Star Movies-- Pop Century-- Coronado Springs-- Port Orleans French Quarter
    Walt Disney-"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."

Post Thanks / Like

Awww, you guys are making me feel sooo much better about not spending my 165.00.

Thanks!
    I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way.

Post Thanks / Like

This is nothing to special for those who are in the club but....

D23 Joins Forces with One Man's Dream
    03.26.09 - One Man's Dream has long been a fan favorite at Disney's Hollywood Studios. Now, the beloved attraction, which pays homage to the life and vision of Walt Disney, now celebrates the fans who are equally important to the Disney legacy. Starting tomorrow, One Man's Dream will be presented by D23 with new "D23 Welcomes You" signage on the marquee.

"D23 is the ultimate Disney fan community and One Man's Dream is the ultimate attraction tribute to Walt Disney in our parks so they fit together perfectly," explains Eric Jacobson, senior vice president, Walt Disney Imagineering, whose team thought of partnering with D23 on the endeavor. "One Man's Dream showcases the history of Walt Disney and The Walt Disney Company and gives our Guests a look at what is new around the world and a sneak peak at what's coming. D23 has a similar mission for its members."

The partnership includes new D23 theming and a new display case featuring the room of a Disney fan (we won't say whose!), adding to the robust collection of Disney history currently on display. "One Man's Dream is a collection of artifacts, models, memorabilia and special effects," adds Eric. "It appeals to the Disney fans because it can't be seen anywhere else."

Many of those pieces came from the Walt Disney Archives, which is a big part of the D23 community. "So it's only natural and fitting that the One Man's Dream exhibit should be presented by D23," notes Becky Cline, manager of the Walt Disney Archives and a D23 team member

Artifacts from the Archives, which have long been a part of the attraction, include Jimmie Dodd's Mouseguitar from the 1955 Mickey Mouse Club, original props from 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea and Walt Disney's working office.

The new D23 display case features items the Archives team pulled together — all pieces a real Disney fan might own. "There's some fun stuff," Becky says, including the Ultimate WALL·E, a "Treasures of the Archives" lithograph and the five-Mickey pin set which was very first Walt Disney Archives Collection item. "Plus, a lot of the books are favorites for us in the Archives like Disney Animation: The Illusion of Life by Frank Thomas and Ollie Johnston, The Disney Poster Book and of course from the Disney Archives, Disney A to Z by our very own Dave Smith!" Becky adds.
    Off Site-- All Star Movies-- Pop Century-- Coronado Springs-- Port Orleans French Quarter
    Walt Disney-"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by caryrae View Post
    This is nothing to special for those who are in the club but....
    D23 Joins Forces with One Man's Dream
    03.26.09 - One Man's Dream has long been a fan favorite at Disney's Hollywood Studios. Now, the beloved attraction, which pays homage to the life and vision of Walt Disney, now celebrates the fans who are equally important to the Disney legacy. Starting tomorrow, One Man's Dream will be presented by D23 with new "D23 Welcomes You" signage on the marquee.

"D23 is the ultimate Disney fan community and One Man's Dream is the ultimate attraction tribute to Walt Disney in our parks so they fit together perfectly," explains Eric Jacobson, senior vice president, Walt Disney Imagineering, whose team thought of partnering with D23 on the endeavor. "One Man's Dream showcases the history of Walt Disney and The Walt Disney Company and gives our Guests a look at what is new around the world and a sneak peak at what's coming. D23 has a similar mission for its members."

The partnership includes new D23 theming and a new display case featuring the room of a Disney fan (we won't say whose!), adding to the robust collection of Disney history currently on display. "One Man's Dream is a collection of artifacts, models, memorabilia and special effects," adds Eric. "It appeals to the Disney fans because it can't be seen anywhere else."

Many of those pieces came from the Walt Disney Archives, which is a big part of the D23 community. "So it's only natural and fitting that the One Man's Dream exhibit should be presented by D23," notes Becky Cline, manager of the Walt Disney Archives and a D23 team member

Artifacts from the Archives, which have long been a part of the attraction, include Jimmie Dodd's Mouseguitar from the 1955 Mickey Mouse Club, original props from 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea and Walt Disney's working office.

The new D23 display case features items the Archives team pulled together — all pieces a real Disney fan might own. "There's some fun stuff," Becky says, including the Ultimate WALL·E, a "Treasures of the Archives" lithograph and the five-Mickey pin set which was very first Walt Disney Archives Collection item. "Plus, a lot of the books are favorites for us in the Archives like Disney Animation: The Illusion of Life by Frank Thomas and Ollie Johnston, The Disney Poster Book and of course from the Disney Archives, Disney A to Z by our very own Dave Smith!" Becky adds.
    Synergy... Really just a place to advertise for D23 in the parks. I imagine we'll be seeing applications or membership kits or something to that effect in the gift shops or at the very least a kiosk outside the attraction.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by big blue and hairy View Post
    Yeah, that actually surprised me. I thought for sure you'd be in the I don't think so category.
    See, everyone thinks I hate Disney or something. Not at all. I love them, man. Totally I'm the kind of sucker who'd go for this right out of the gate.

Heck, I bought into DVC, too!

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyRox View Post
    Synergy... Really just a place to advertise for D23 in the parks. I imagine we'll be seeing applications or membership kits or something to that effect in the gift shops or at the very least a kiosk outside the attraction.
    Maybe this will be Disney's new "best kept secret" (aka "plastered all over anything that isn't nailed down and some stuff that is")!
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

$75 is a lot for me. I have been cutting on a lot of things to collect money for a short disney vacation for a few months now and I dont have the extra $ to give for a magazine and stuff. (Maybe I am the only one that feels this way)
    April 6-9 2006 Pop Century
    July 5-11 2007 Pop Century
    September 20-25th 2009 Pop Century
    June10-June 16 2012 Pop Century
    September 5-15 2013 Pop Century Disneymoon
    August 10-20th 2016 Pop Century (Daughter's first trip)

Post Thanks / Like

Last week I received the membership card... I thought the card was very sturdy and not some flimsy piece of paper... Today, I get home from work, and I have waiting for me the magazine, welcome letter, and charter member certificate... The certificate is very nice.. The characters are glossy... The certificate is printed on thick paper, and it not flimsy either... As for the magazine, I haven't looked through it yet.. Just skimmed.. I like the pictures so far... The paper the magazine is printed on isn't typical thin magazine paper.. It is kind of think, and somewhat sturdy.... And it isn't the size of a normal magazine either.. it is pretty wide.... Once I read the articles, I'll have a better idea of whether the magazine is worth 16 bucks.. But right now, the quality, I would say so far so good...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ASweetLov View Post
    $75 is a lot for me. I have been cutting on a lot of things to collect money for a short disney vacation for a few months now and I dont have the extra $ to give for a magazine and stuff. (Maybe I am the only one that feels this way)
    Nope, I'm doing the same thing. I'm going in June and I'm putting back all I can for spending money...
    "There's a great big beautiful tomorrow shining at the end of every day..."

1973- Disneyland
    1981- WDW- OS
    1991- WDW- OS
    1995- WDW- CBR
    2000- WDW- DLR
    2001- WDW- ASM
    2009- WDW- POFQ
    2010 (November)-WDW POR
    2015 (December...with the grandkids)WDW ASM
    2019- WDW- POR

Post Thanks / Like

Still nothing for me except an empty tube and empty promises
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Intercot Staff
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JPL View Post
    Still nothing for me except an empty tube and empty promises
    Write that letter....

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

Post Thanks / Like

Letter is the works I have had it dealing with the morons at Disneyshopping.com

I did receive a call today on my answering from a woman with such a heavy Spanish Accent I had no idea what she was saying her level of English was so low I couldn't even make out the phone number she left let alone what she was talking about

Now they tell the membership non-refundable so I have to work with them to get it resolved
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Intercot Staff
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JPL View Post
    Letter is the works I have had it dealing with the morons at Disneyshopping.com

I did receive a call today on my answering from a woman with such a heavy Spanish Accent I had no idea what she was saying her level of English was so low I couldn't even make out the phone number she left let alone what she was talking about

Now they tell the membership non-refundable so I have to work with them to get it resolved
    What if you dispute the charge with your credit card company?

Post Thanks / Like

Those of you who have subscribed to this may already know this but have you seen the new "for D23 club members only" clothing and merchandise on disneyshopping.com?
    I DO believe in fairies, I DO, I DO!

1977-2007 various resorts
    August 2007 CBR
    August 2009 Poly
    2010 July/August Ply
    2012 July BC & Christmas ASM
    2014 Sept BC
    2015 Sept BC Oct CS
    2016 May FQ Oct GF
    2017 Nov YC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pixiesmimi View Post
    Those of you who have subscribed to this may already know this but have you seen the new "for D23 club members only" clothing and merchandise on disneyshopping.com?
    Yep.... So far, D23 is a membership to buy merchandise LOL...

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: