Quantcast Disney President and CEO Bob Iger Announces the Launch of D23! - Page 5

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default D23

Just picked up the magazine last night and loved it. I thought it was really nice. Great pictures and good articles. They did a good job of covering all aspects of Disney. I don't know about the whole "club" aspect of things but I'm glad I got the magazine. It was a nice shot of magic for me.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

$75 is too steep for me. It seems like this is a bad time to roll something like this out. I wonder how it will do. We've already seen the demise of the Disney Club and Disney Magazine. I'm not sure that D23 will fare any better.
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    This was actually up on Day 1.
    Except that ALL the information wasn't up on Day 1 -- just the fact that there would be an advance screening but the details would be posted as soon as possible.

In fact this is what's on the site now:

Meet some of the creative forces behind Up and enjoy a special screening of Pixar's latest gem — the Uplifting adventure of a lifetime! We're still working out the details, but stay tuned... we'll keep you updated as details are finalized.

That's the kind of thing that made me consider the membership.

If it's true that this is going to be in CALIFORNIA, and that was the offer that put me in the "buy membership" category I would be really ticked right now.
    Many visits over 35+ years!
    DVC member since 2004 (SSR)

Stayed at: Bay Lake Tower, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk, Beach Club, Dolphin, PO Riverside, AS Sports, AS Movies, Saratoga, Vero Beach, Hilton Head, Aulani, Disneyland Hotel, and Grand Californian.

Post Thanks / Like

I had to look and the D23 pins are starting to show up on Ebay already, including the one that was handed out at the Shareholders Meeting on the 10th that has Mickey and the date March 10th 2009 on it.
    Off Site-- All Star Movies-- Pop Century-- Coronado Springs-- Port Orleans French Quarter
    Walt Disney-"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."

Post Thanks / Like

They've folded, shut down and disbanded too many "insider" magazines and "exclusive" clubs in the past to have me fall for this one.
    1995 - Grand Floridian (Honeymoon)
    1997 - Fort Wilderness Cabins
    1998 - All-Star Music
    2005 - All-Star Music & Movies
    2006 - All-Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

Three days later and I still don't have the desire to join... I may eventually, but not now... I'll give them a month to see if anything else is added making membership worth it... Cause right now, it isn't...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

come on guys, people magazine is like what $60 a yr now, and thats all celeb gossip and such. I think it's a decent price.
    A man should never neglect his family for business.-Walt Disney
    Apr07-FW
    Feb08-FW
    Sep08-BC
    Sep09-POR
    Nov-Dec09-FW
    Dec09-BC
    Aug10-WL
    Jan11-SSR
    Oct11-ASM/FW/CBR/BC
    Dec11-ASM/BLT
    Jan12-WD
    Feb12-Off
    Sep12-BCV/Pop
    Jan13-FW/AOA
    Feb13-CBR
    Sept13-Dland
    Dec13-FW

Post Thanks / Like

Unless more is offered, I'm not joining. These "perks" just aren't worth it to me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jonahbear2006 View Post
    come on guys, people magazine is like what $60 a yr now, and thats all celeb gossip and such. I think it's a decent price.
    With People you get one magazine a week, 52 a year.
    Off Site-- All Star Movies-- Pop Century-- Coronado Springs-- Port Orleans French Quarter
    Walt Disney-"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."

DisneyNut2005 Guest

Sorry, but I'm going to have to side with the people that are actually talking positively about D23 and aren't bashing it or expecting way too much from it.

It needs to be given a chance. It just might turn out to be a success. You never know.
    Last edited by Ian; 03-13-2009 at 02:04 PM. Reason: Remove inflammatory comments

Post Thanks / Like

I canceled my subscription to the on-line newsletter in protest.
    "Revelations from every choice we make."
    WDW: Mar11 (CR, GF), Jan09 (PR), Jan06 (AKL), Jan05 (CR), Feb03 (POR), Jan02 (ASMu), Nov00 (ASMo), Mar00, Jan95 (CBR)
    DLR: Jan11 (GC), Jan08 (GC), Sep04 (GC), Mar01 (PP), Christmas87 (DH)
    DCL: Mar11 (Dream), Jan09 (Wonder)
    DLP: Jan07 (DH), Jun00

Post Thanks / Like

I'm thinking of joining. It is ridiculously expensive, but I'm a sucker for archival-type magazines so I know I'll buy them at B&N. For the $5 extra dollars it costs to join, I might as well give it a go for one year.

I really want to go to Disney comic-con. I always wanted to go to real comic-con! LOL!
    Janine
    -----------------
    Disney World: 87, 89, 92, 96-97, 99-00, 02-05, 07-14
    Disneyland: 05, 10-14
    RunDisney: 13 (Princess, Dumbo, ToT), 14 (Dopey, Tink, Glass Slipper, Dumbo, Wine & Dine, Avengers), 15 (Dopey, Rebel Challenge)
    DVC Member: 07-NOW

Post Thanks / Like

It's threads like this that make me wonder how many I-COT members are undercover Disney Marketeers.
    Dave aka: Altair
    "Even though they're graceful when swimmin', it's hard to believe sailors thought they were women" - Manatee area, the Living Seas

Post Thanks / Like

Default D23 Membership

Hi, All!

I'm thinking that this might be the best $75 I've ever spent...seriously. The magazine itself is more than a magazine - more like the pictorial yearbooks that WDW used to publish. Art quality pictures, etc. Plus discounts to the Expo, plus a collectible gift, plus exclusive merchandise. I M 23!!!
    "Man has a dream, and that's a start; he follows his dream with mind and heart, and when it becomes a reality, it's a dream come true for you and me." Thanks for seeing your dream through to reality, Walt!

Post Thanks / Like

I will say what really ticked me off was the extra money for shipping. I mean they couldn't include it in the price and considering it's through Disney Shopping and I get free shipping on orders over $50.
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone received the bi-weekly D23 FanFare e-newsletter? I haven't seen it in my e-mail yet.

Post Thanks / Like

In honor of RustyScupper (he will be missed!) I shall ennumerate my responses to this thread:

1. Some people have an aversion to new things
    ...or to spending money...
    ...or both!
    2. If everyone joined I guess it couldn't be "exclusive"; so I suppose the program must be a turn-off to some people, on purpose!
    3. I've joined D23 because I like "from day one" experiences.
    4. For example, I have watched/enjoyed Late Night with Conan O'Brien since his very first program.
    5. That analogy is quite meaningless, but yet I still felt compelled to include it here.
    6. Are you still reading this list?
    7. Why?

Somewhere between the Netherworld and Walt Disney World
    Post Thanks / Like

I am holding off for money reasons. However, JPL, isn't the shipping free on the magazine and welcome kit? And what happened to Rusty?
    Let's stop defending mediocrity out of Disney and hold Disney to the higher standard they set up themselves.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GothMickey View Post
    I am holding off for money reasons. However, JPL, isn't the shipping free on the magazine and welcome kit? And what happened to Rusty?
    The shipping is free but you pay sales tax. I paid $80.62.

Purchase Subtotal: $74.99
    Purchase Discounts: $0.00
    Total Shipping & Handling: $8.95
    Shipping Discounts: ($8.95)
    Sales Tax (estimated): $5.63

Somewhere between the Netherworld and Walt Disney World
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by caryrae View Post
    The shipping is free but you pay sales tax. I paid $80.62.

Purchase Subtotal: $74.99
    Purchase Discounts: $0.00
    Total Shipping & Handling: $8.95
    Shipping Discounts: ($8.95)
    Sales Tax (estimated): $5.63
    Well, I am pretty sure no one is complaining about the sales tax.
    Let's stop defending mediocrity out of Disney and hold Disney to the higher standard they set up themselves.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: