Quantcast 'Ohana Review & Other Opinions Please

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default 'Ohana Review & Other Opinions Please

I am gearing up to make my 90 ADR next Monday - but at a crossroads. My friends and I are going on a college reunion down to Disney and we are think 'Ohana sounds like fun - but we are a little hesitant because none of us have ever been. Anyone care to share their experiences? How is the food? Do the "kid activities" become a little much? We don't mind some fun, but not something going on every 5 minutes!

Also, any other suggestions people may have for a group of 25 y/o singles to dine at - we'd love to hear!

Thanks all!
    ~Adam

Fauna: Oh...I just love happy endings.
    7/12 - AbD to Greece
    12/11 - French Quarter
    6/10 - Disneyland (AbD Backstage Magic Tour)
    6/09 - Pop Century
    3/08 - Off Site

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know about Ohanas as we are going there for the first time in June. I think the Biergarten in Germany at Epcot would be fun with a group of young people. I know you mentioned "kidstuff" but being open to kidstuff and not being judged is half the fun therefore I think Crystal Palace at MK would be fun too.
    No matter what you choose I hope ya'll have a great time and enjoy your trip.
    6/11 DCL Med
    5/11 DCL & Port Bay
    10/10 SOG
    6/10 Regal Sun
    5/2010 AKL
    6/09 POFQ
    2/09 OKW
    10/08 AS Movies
    7/07 Pop
    12/06 C Beach
    3/06 POFQ
    3/05 C Springs
    3/04 POP
    3/03 SOG
    4/02 Contemp
    3/01 SOG
    3/00 AS Music
    6/99 SOG
    5/98 Best Western LBV

Post Thanks / Like

Ohana is a lot of fun! Just be sure to save room for dessert. I didn't think the kids activities were too obnoxious at all. I'm sure a group of adults would love it there.
    June 2009 CSR!!!!
    October 2007 Boardwalk Villas
    October 2004 CBR
    October 1999 Boardwalk/CBR/Disney Cruise
    October 1992 Polynesian
    October 1985 Polynesian
    October 1980 Polynesian

Post Thanks / Like

'Ohana is a good choice. Great views. You can avoid the kid stuff. There's more than one seating area, one is closer to the kid activites and one is further removed. Our kids are older and we barely noticed the activities when they were going on. It's not a very obtrusive, non-stop kind of thing.

I don't agree with Biergarten as a great place for twenty-somethings. It's very family-oriented and child-centric, which might seem odd for a place called Biergarten, but the band caters to kids. I do love most World Showcase restaurants. Rose & Crown, Marrakesh, Le Cellier, Chefs de France, Teppan Edo or Tokyo Dining, all good choices. I also like Grand Floridian Cafe. California Grill is a great place, too, more grown up, and you don't have to get full meals. You can have drinks and share appetizers/flat breads. In Downtown Disney, Raglan Road has good food and live music.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

You will really enjoy O'Hana. The food is great, the atmosphere is cool and if you time it right, you could see Wishes from right there.

This is what they serve:

Starters
    'Ohana Welcome Bread
    Mixed greens with a honey-lime dressing
    Appetizers/Accompaniments
    Pork Dumplings topped with a Pineapple Sweet and Sour Sauce
    Honey-Coriander Chicken Wings
    Skewers
    Prepared over an oak fire
    Asian Barbecued Pork Loin
    Spicy Grilled Peel - n - Eat Shrimp
    Marinated Sirloin Steak
    Mesquite Grilled Turkey
    Dipping Sauces
    House Made Peanut Sauce
    Chimichurri Sauce
    Pineapple Sweet and Sour Sauce

Dessert
    'Ohana bread pudding served a la mode with Bananas and Caramel Sauce

My family can be very picky at times, and they loved everything. I must say though, you HAVE to save some room for dessert. I do not like bread pudding.....but this stuff is so delicious!!!!!

I think it is a great place for a bunch of friends to enjoy dinner. Who knows, maybe you'll get in on the actions and join the conga line around the dining room.
    Kristen and Ben
    Next - 8/7-15 @ OKW w/Kakn7294 & Taylor & Joline; 12/16 Disney Wonder&12/19 SSR; July '10 @ VWL w/Kakn7294 - Nursing School Graduation Party ; Aug '11 Disney Dream; F&WF '11
    DVC Owners @ SSR & AKV & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Ohana Dining

Kristen, That was a great post!!
    Keep smiling and Have a magical day!!!
    It's all good.

We love to serve fun, food, and deliciousness.

AKA: Jean and Marty

Post Thanks / Like

I think you will get a lot of mixed reviews about O'Hana. It isn't my favorite, but it wasn't terrible. I am not a big meat eater so it doesn't really do it for me. My best friend loves it and makes it a must for even her solo trips to WDW. She is not a huge kid person ( I have two boys) but still loves it . I agree that the meat is good. DH and I are borderline vegetarians so we feel it isn't really a good value for us.

The atmosphere is great. I love the servers there!!!
    Too many trips to count!
    Disneyland!
    DisneyWorld!
    Disneyland Paris!
    Coming soon Tokyo!
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE

I have stayed at: All Star Movies, All Star Music, Pop Century, Art of Animation, Port Orleans Riverside, Caribbean Beach Resort, Saratoga Springs Resort

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to double post but we discovered that the later you eat, the less kids there are.

Both of us enjoyed our meal at Wolfgang Puck!
    Too many trips to count!
    Disneyland!
    DisneyWorld!
    Disneyland Paris!
    Coming soon Tokyo!
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE

I have stayed at: All Star Movies, All Star Music, Pop Century, Art of Animation, Port Orleans Riverside, Caribbean Beach Resort, Saratoga Springs Resort

Post Thanks / Like

We love the food at Ohanas. We had a great time and look forward to going again. We aren't much on the "over-the-top" kids activities and we found Ohanas to be the right mix.

Poly--2010. POR 2010
    Poly and CR 2011
    POR- 2009
    Grand Floridian-2009
    Wilderness Lodge-2008
    Polynesian-2008
    Contemporary-2007
    Wilderness Lodge-2006 & 2006
    Off-Site-2006
    POR- YC POR 2005

CBR- 2004

Post Thanks / Like

Great choice for your group. Activities pretty low key and not over the top like Whispering Canyon etc. We had a table looking at the MK during Wishes and they pipe the music into the room.
    My first home is in Coastal Georgia, 30 feet from the saltwater marsh, and 3.5 hours from WDW!My second home is the Walt Disney World Dolphin Resort!CR,Poly,GF,BC,BW,WL,AKL,Dolphin,Swan,DL,CSR,POFQ,C BR,POP,AS,Vero.

Post Thanks / Like

Default IMO To Die For!

In my opinion Ohana is to die for. It was mine and my husband's favorite. The children's activities take place right around the center, so if you get tables near the windows (bonus excellent view) you won't really be bothered. Saying that however, we went with my teenage son and sat right by where they were doing the coconut race. He thought it was hilarious to watch.
    We also ate at Biergarten while there because I thought my husband would like it. It was just not for me. The food wasn't bad, but I'm not much for cabbage and well german=cabbage in all colors.
    DH is humoring the Disney nut. I really thought 2008 would be our only trip, YEAH!!!
    1985- off-site camping with my grandparents
    August 2008-Pop
    August 28-September 2, 2011 with the whole group @POP with free dining. DH, Me,DS (16), DS(15), DD(11)

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Ohana is a great place

My family and I have been going to Ohana for years and it's a great restaurant if you like meat - that's a given. We have always loved the atmosphere including the kid games that lend to the family theme. But, I would agree that a bunch of 25 year olds might want to reserve a little later so there are a fewer kiddos and you can catch the fireworks - very nice to see from the Poly. If you have a large group be sure to reserve EARLY as Ohana fills up flippin' fast these days. Enjoy!

WDW1985

Post Thanks / Like

I think O'hanas is a great choice- we go there every few trips and don't have kids and it's still a fun environment.
    I hope you are carnivores!

2004-Allstar Movie
    2004-Allstar Movie
    2006-Allstar Movie- he proposed!!

2007-Allstar Movie
    2007- Allstar Music
    2008- September, December trip
    2009 June, Novemebr trip

"Outside of a dog a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's very tough to read"
    M Twain

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone for your advice! And Kristen - thanks for the menu posting! 'Ohana here we come! And something tells me my friends and I may join right in with the activities!
    ~Adam

Fauna: Oh...I just love happy endings.
    7/12 - AbD to Greece
    12/11 - French Quarter
    6/10 - Disneyland (AbD Backstage Magic Tour)
    6/09 - Pop Century
    3/08 - Off Site

Post Thanks / Like

We love 'Ohana, it is our family's favorite TS restaurant at WDW. We eat there on every visit to WDW. But we also have 2 boys (9&6 at our first visit) and although they are teenagers now, they still enjoy all the fun. the foos is right up our alley; grilled meat & shrimp and lots of it and the sides are really good too.
    It is definitely family oriented, after all 'Ohana (NOT Ohana's or O'hana) means "family"
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

Share This Thread On Social Media: