Quantcast Irritating Situation #2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Irritating Situation #2

Anyone who has stayed at SSR knows about the SPA there. DVC members have use of the fitness center there. If you have used the fitness center you know that when your done you can go down stairs and use the locker room to shower and change. Well, NOT ANY LONGER! Disney has decided that DVC members that wish to use the locker facilities must pay $12.78 a day for that privledge. The DW is there now and gets up every morning, takes a 3-5 mile walk that ends at the Main House and will stop at the SPA for a quick shower. Today she found out the policy changed last week and DVC members can use the fitness center but not the showers unless they want to PAY! It took her over 30 minutes to get a manager to speak with and they were not friendly at all almost to the point of being rude to her. So just another Disney enticement to buy the DVC taken away to make another buck out of members!
    Bazz
    81 - Offsite, 97,98 - Dixie Landings
    99 - BWV - DVC Member
    00 - BWV/DCL-Wonder
    01 - BWV,OKW, 02, 03 - OKW
    04 - OKW, SSR
    05 - SSR - May, OKW-Aug, BCV-OCT
    06 - SSR - May, SSR - Aug, VWL-OCT
    07 - SSR - Jan, OKW - Jul, SSR,BCV -Oct
    08 - SSR - May, SSR - Jul, SSR - Sep

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Angry

How is that possible??? Are you seriously telling me that shower costs aren't paid out of our maintenance fees??

That's absurd. ABSURD!
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

lockedoutlogic Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    How is that possible??? Are you seriously telling me that shower costs aren't paid out of our maintenance fees??

That's absurd. ABSURD!

I believe the spa at Saratoga is outside run.....so really, the showers are probably not - in fact - paid for by DVC.....they undoubtedly go to the spa operator in a bill

don't you love the disney business model?

Post Thanks / Like

If you now want to use the showers in the locker rooms in the SPA you now have to pay! If you want to use the showers outside of the SPA near the main pool you can just bring a towel, as the manager told my wife! She was peeved beyond belief! When we purchased SSR we walked through the SPA and were told DVC members at SSR had use of the facilities but no longer!
    Bazz
    99 - BWV - DVC Member
    00 - BWV/DCL-Wonder
    04 - OKW, SSR

lockedoutlogic Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Fortgoofy97 View Post
    If you now want to use the showers in the locker rooms in the SPA you now have to pay! If you want to use the showers outside of the SPA near the main pool you can just bring a towel, as the manager told my wife! She was peeved beyond belief! When we purchased SSR we walked DVC members at SSR had use of the facilities but no longer!
    see above....

I'm telling you....that Disney gives nothing to it's third party vendors for free....i would bet the farm on it

Post Thanks / Like

Well it is their loss! She already canceled her SPA appointment for this trip! And always made a purchase or two while there! Seems that it worked out well for the SPA multiple that by the 3 or 4 trips she takes each year, and it seems they are out some money! Tough thing to be missing out on in these times!
    Bazz
    99 - BWV - DVC Member
    00 - BWV/DCL-Wonder
    04 - OKW, SSR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lockedoutlogic View Post
    see above....

I'm telling you....that Disney gives nothing to it's third party vendors for free....i would bet the farm on it
    That's a safe bet, count me in too!

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, I am surprised at this change. Although I truly enjoyed my spa experience I won't make any plans to go back.
    Absolutely absurd.
    10/91-Honeymoon YC Concierge
    6/92, 5/93, 9/95, 9/99-YC
    9/00-BWI,YC
    6/01-AKL,YC
    9/02-BCV,YC
    5/03-BCV
    8/03-WLV,BWV
    1/04-HH,BWV,OKW
    6/04, 5/05-BWV
    8/05, 11/07-SSR
    2/09-BCV
    11/09-BCV
    5/11-AKL
    4/12-OKW

Post Thanks / Like

Honestly, this is just crazy... Perhaps a new letter writing campaign (a la "styrofoam cup" type) would be in order?

Pretty soon we're going to be told that we have to pay for bus services from SSR as well... or they'll add a new chart with point values based on your view...

Frank

DVC Owner
    BWV, BCV, SSR

lockedoutlogic Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Maleficent's Dad View Post

Honestly, this is just crazy... Perhaps a new letter writing campaign (a la "styrofoam cup" type) would be in order?

Pretty soon we're going to be told that we have to pay for bus services from SSR as well... or they'll add a new chart with point values based on your view...

saratoga....frankly....stinks

this has been well suggested...and will prove itself in the end

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=lockedoutlogic;1841859]saratoga....frankly....stinks

this has been well suggested...and will prove itself in the end[/QUO

Couldnt agree more, we stayed first week in March, had to speak to a Manager (long story) very rude. The whole resort (I use the word Resort loosly) feels like its 3rd party run, not at all that Magical service you expect from Disney......
    BC DVC Member10/06 BLT Member1/09
    Outside Park New Years 03
    PO 10/03 PO 10/04 HONEYMOOM PC 12/05 PC 12/06 BC 1/07 BCV 11/07 BCV 02/08
    BCV 11/08 SS 2/09
    NEVER ENOUGH!

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by PoohsGang View Post
    Couldnt agree more, we stayed first week in March, had to speak to a Manager (long story) very rude. The whole resort (I use the word Resort loosly) feels like its 3rd party run, not at all that Magical service you expect from Disney......
    I agree ... and disagree ...

I agree that the service at SSR is definitely less than perfect. I disagree that it's substantially different from any other resort on Disney property.

Pretty much all of Disney's service at all their resorts is sub-standard these days.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

The problems at the Spa were that there were some DVC Members (not the type that would read these boards) that made the showers and locker rooms unpleasant for the people who were legitimately paying for Spa services. The Spa communicated this to Disney, and for a time the Spa facilities were off-limits unless you bought a Spa service that day. This new Spa pass was created to be a happy medium between both groups.

Also, please remember that Saratoga Springs and Old Key West share a Front Office team - Two Resorts, One Family!

lockedoutlogic Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Zone Stop View Post
    The problems at the Spa were that there were some DVC Members (not the type that would read these boards) that made the showers and locker rooms unpleasant for the people who were legitimately paying for Spa services. The Spa communicated this to Disney, and for a time the Spa facilities were off-limits unless you bought a Spa service that day. This new Spa pass was created to be a happy medium between both groups.

Also, please remember that Saratoga Springs and Old Key West share a Front Office team - Two Resorts, One Family!
    First....combining front offices is one of the stupidest cheapskate corner cutting moves ever conceived....

If they are pedeling "distinctive" resorts and experiences....then they should have dedicated staff.....but i could go rounds and rounds on this one.....

To the explanation (thank you...by the way....very insightful....it's almost as if you work the desk at Saratoga )....I wonder if the abuse is perhaps the result of packing 900 Villas full of Northeasterners who might feel the right to abuse?

And before I am assailed by the Sentinels from the megaopolis....I am one of said Northeasterners.....but from more midwestern roots....and there is a definite distinctive mentality that lends itself to exploitation when the Atlantic is within sight.....why i'm still not sure...

Saratoga is overblown...I've said this many times and don't need to really go into it again except to say that when you have tons of people flooding poorly planned/constructed central facilities....these types of things are bound to manifest at WDW

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lockedoutlogic View Post
    ...by the way....very insightful....it's almost as if you work the desk at Saratoga...
    ???

*whistles nonchalantly*

Post Thanks / Like

Default ssr

that is horriblr they should have put a note on your door and told you when you check in. DVC member sure at not treated nice.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: