Quantcast Walt Disney World Resort Debuts New Online Check-In Service - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Quick Check in????

Has the on line check in created any problems at the resorts? For example, is the advanced check in line typically long? What happens if there are problems identified with your reservation? Are they resolved in a manner to keep the line moving?

We just completed our on line check in for our arrival at AKL on the 14th. I guess we'll find the answers to these questions soon enough.
    ALL STAR SPORTS 2004
    POFQ 2006
    ALL STAR MOVIES 2007!
    Animal Kingdom Lodge - March, 2009
    Next visit - August, 2012

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Confused

Since when was check-in such a hassle? I can see it saving you time, but I personally have never had an issue checking in and talking to another human being who is trained to check me into the hotel with great WDW customer service.

Whatever...

WDW1985

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1985 View Post
    Since when was check-in such a hassle? I can see it saving you time, but I personally have never had an issue checking in and talking to another human being who is trained to check me into the hotel with great WDW customer service.

Whatever...

WDW1985
    I completely agree! I've never had a very long wait & have always had fantastic guest service! I'm a little skeptical on this! I'm waiting to hear more feedback from those that experience the need to speak with someone after arrival about their accomdations/tix, etc! Maybe it's a time saver in some instances, but if not, are you back to square one & standing at the back of the regular line? That would be like being in the FP line & then having to go & get in the back of the stand by line!
    Shari
    -"There's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow..."

'02 - All Star Movies
    '04, '05, '06, '10, '11, '16, '19, '21 - Pop Century

'08 - Offsite/Pop Century
    '13, '21 - Offsite
    '17 - Port Orleans/French Quarter!

lockedoutlogic Guest

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1985 View Post

Whatever...

WDW1985
    We used to run 2 hour and 15 minute waits at Caribbean Beach consistently on the weekends.....
    a daytime checkin was almost always gonna get you at 45 minute or so wait....
    other locations have waits exceeding 15-30 minutes as well....though not quite so bad.

There is an advantage to this.....the main being that everything has been done over some sort of high speed network for well over 10 years now.....

This move is a step towards eliminationg half the front end staff at the resorts....make no mistake.....

but there is an upside to this...if it runs smoothly which i would venture it will

Post Thanks / Like

We have only had to wait over 5 minutes one time....but that one time was a long wait. I will try this on our upcoming trip.

Poly--2010. POR 2010
    Poly and CR 2011
    POR- 2009
    Grand Floridian-2009
    Wilderness Lodge-2008
    Polynesian-2008
    Contemporary-2007
    Wilderness Lodge-2006 & 2006
    Off-Site-2006
    POR- YC POR 2005

CBR- 2004

Post Thanks / Like

We've waited in line at Pop for almost 45 minutes. Then, we've seen the check-in process itself took 15 minutes or more.

I can see where this will certainly speed up part of the process, but I'm just curious how this works, if you get assigned a room that you don't care for, or need to have changed.
    Everybody else is thinking it, I'm just saying it. - Mr Gibbs
    ---
    2/00-OKW/BW
    9/00-YC
    7/01-BW
    12/01-Doubletree Suites (DTD)
    4/02-WL
    4/03-BW
    2/04-Mariott Horizons
    7/04-POP
    2/06-POP
    9/06-POP
    9/07-POP
    6/08-Dolphin/POP
    10/09-POP
    10/10-POP
    3/10-CSR

Terk24 Guest

Anybody actually have feedback on the process?

Post Thanks / Like

Default online check-in at pop

Quote Originally Posted by the other micki View Post
    I also hope Pop is included. I'm looking forward to trying this out!
    we are staying at pop and when i go to our disney vacation link on the website it shows that we can do the online check-in so i am sure you will be able to as well!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Terk24 View Post
    Anybody actually have feedback on the process?
    Just used this service last week at Pop. It worked quite well although with a check-in at 1:30a, there was no line at all. We walked up to the counter, explained that I did the online check-in, the CM excused herself for a moment to go to a different area and when she returned, we were handed a packet with our room keys and info. Because I put a credit card on the room when I did the online check-in, the balance was automatically added to that card (it was a room-only ressie) and we had express check-out. The whole process took only a few minutes. I'd definately do it again and hope that it works just as well during the busiest part of the day.
    Kathy șoș

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

I'm less than 10 days out for our stay and I can't seem to get the online tool to work! Any suggestions? I called Disney, and they have a special phone line for problems, but the CM told me the only thing I can do is keep trying...

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: