Quantcast 4 PM Check In Question

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Arrow 4 PM Check In Question

Does the 4PM check in time mean that's just when the room is available, and we can still check in early in the morning to get our parking pass and use the pool, or...? Can we leave our car in the BCV parking lot even though we won't technically have a room until 4? Just trying to figure things out. We always check in early in the morning at the other resorts and we just want to see if we could check in early and get our keys to the world and everything before 4:00. Thank you so much!!
    Upcoming:
    October 2013
    8 nights at Pop Century with Free Dining to celebrate DS turning 4 years old!!!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, you can check in anytime and use all of the facilities at the resort. If you have flown in and have carry-on items you can leave them with bell services and they will bring them up to your room when it is ready. We like to just check in, drop off our stuff and hit the parks! We have gotten lucky on occasion though and our room was ready early! Have fun!
    ~Lisa aka Tinkermom

DVC Member since 05/01

Most Recent Trips:
    12/28/12-1/4/13 OKW to watch our son and his HS marching band on Main Street on NYE!
    7/13/12-7/17/12 Vero Beach & 7/17/12-7/23/12 WLVs

Next up: 5/28-6/12 Vero Beach (Beach Cottage!)/Fort Myers/Treehouse Villas

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Tinkermom is exactly right - even though your room might not be ready does not mean you are not considered a guest of the BCV if you have a reservation that day. You can use the parking, the bell services, use the pool, and even get your room keys - they'll either call you or give you a card so you can all them - and then they'll activate those keys and give you your room number without having to go back to the check-in line.

Have a great time.

Post Thanks / Like

All the above is true, but don't be surprised if your room isn't available by 4pm.
    In October we couldn't access our 1 br until well after 6pm.
    And the CM my wife spoke to on the phone was very rude when we called at about 4:30 to see what the delay was.
    35+ trips to WDW since 1985...and it never gets old.

Post Thanks / Like

Just an added note....
    on the day you leave you can use the pool too! Also your card will remain working for purchases untill midnight of the day you check out. So if you check out at 11, but don't actaully leave disney world until at night flight you can still pay using your card and the charges will still be added on.

Post Thanks / Like

Arrow Thanks!!

You all are so helpful!! I am glad we can still check in early and get our keys to the world and use the pool. We're still in the early planning stages since it's a good 6 months away, but these little details make a big difference! This means we can go to the Beach Club Villas early and get our parking pass and either drive to a park or keep our car there while we're touring. And swim before 4PM. That's good! We're so excited, any other helpful hints are definitely welcome!
    Upcoming:
    October 2013
    8 nights at Pop Century with Free Dining to celebrate DS turning 4 years old!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Usually my room is ready.. Last year it wasn't... I had to wait until 3:00 PM for the room... I was told they would call me when the room was ready, but no one did...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

I've checked in early quite often. Usually the room is ready way before 4. Sometimes it isn't but they'll usually keep your bags for you then you can get your tickets and enjoy the park or the pool or hop a bus to downtown (we usually do downtown and hit DisneyQuest).

Come hungry and make reservations somewhere. By the time you get back your room should be ready. If your using "Magical Express" your bags will magically appear in your room when you get back. You'll just stop back by the concierge and get your key card.

You could also spend the time in the pool but if you get tired...it may be a while before you can change and go somewhere else. But...it's not that big of a deal. The room's USUALLY ready when you are.
    Have no clue 1983
    Days Inn 1992
    Value Movies 2002
    Value Music 2003
    Value Movies 2004
    DisneyLand 2005
    Value Pop July 2006
    Coronodo Springs 2008

Post Thanks / Like

I think I heard that they'll let you get your room keys (with dining plan if you're purchased it) as early as 7:00. They'll tell you they'll call you when the room is ready, but general consensus on the boards seems to be that they're not reliable in doing this. We call back every few hours to check.

When we check in, we always tell them we'd rather wait for a room that matches our requests than take something that's already been cleaned. This has worked well for us.

On our first trip, I was nervous about leaving my laptop and camera bag with bell services. After lugging them around all day, however, I quickly changed my mind. I've since gotten a locking bag so I feel a little more comfortable leaving them behind.
    Dave . . . Portsmouth, Virginia . . . DVC Member / PAP Holder / D23 . . . SSR & BCV

Post Thanks / Like

Default room

if your room is ready before 4 then you can use the room. just call when you are in the park. we have been given the room sometimes at 2 other times after 4:30.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: