Quantcast Alex Rodriguez tested positive for anabolic steroids in 2003 - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gueli View Post
    1) Blame the Union...

2) Blame the players...

3) Blame the fans...

4) Blame the owners...

5) Blame the Government...

6) Blame Barry Bonds...

Its the blame game. Which one do you select ?
    How about 7) All of the above?

It is a compilation of all of the things you listed. All the parties are culpable.
    Christine șoș

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We can blame whoever we want now it's time to start putting it in the past and focusing on the future. Take it as a lesson learned and prevent the next scandal from occurring. We can't change the past and we can't change the rules and then go back an punish people for things they did before the rule changes. I think this is going to be a personal decision of fans if they want to continue to watch the sport or just step back and say I'm done with baseball.
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JPL View Post
    We can blame whoever we want now it's time to start putting it in the past and focusing on the future. Take it as a lesson learned and prevent the next scandal from occurring. We can't change the past and we can't change the rules and then go back an punish people for things they did before the rule changes. I think this is going to be a personal decision of fans if they want to continue to watch the sport or just step back and say I'm done with baseball.
    I agree wholeheartedly. Its all "old" news now. ITs time to move on and possibly prevent in the future. Theres nothing they can do about the past. No way in changing it now. The sad part is, no matter the scandal, MLB knows they will always have fans. There is no way, scandal or no scandal, even in this economy, that teams like The Yankees, or The Red Sox, will ever have an empty seat.
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BCV/BWV=Jan. 24-Feb. 1 '14
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

BMan62 is offline Team INTERCOT Cast Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunately, disciplinary action is pretty much a laugh in MLB and has been since the 80's. Look back at Darryl Strawberry - 7 times caught for drug possession - not steroids, but hard line drugs like cocaine - and all he got was slaps on the wrist and scoldings.

Personally, in the interest of fairness to A-Rod, since the first name on that list from 2003 came out, the rest of the names should also be released and those players be chastised as well.

One last point -- what makes the players on this list any less guilty than McGwire? Shouldn't the players on this list have asterisks beside all their stats and be locked out of any possible inclusion in the Hall of Fame? Fair is fair.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BMan62 View Post
    Unfortunately, disciplinary action is pretty much a laugh in MLB and has been since the 80's. Look back at Darryl Strawberry - 7 times caught for drug possession - not steroids, but hard line drugs like cocaine - and all he got was slaps on the wrist and scoldings.

Personally, in the interest of fairness to A-Rod, since the first name on that list from 2003 came out, the rest of the names should also be released and those players be chastised as well.

One last point -- what makes the players on this list any less guilty than McGwire? Shouldn't the players on this list have asterisks beside all their stats and be locked out of any possible inclusion in the Hall of Fame? Fair is fair.
    The reaction of many of the BB writers is that they will not be included in the hall of fame.

the rest of the names should be released- hopefuly a freedom of information request or some such, or it might come out at one of the trials (Bonds/balco/clemins).

And as far as Darryl Strawberry isn't he serving hard time now? BB never caught him or did anything, but the POLICE sure did.

Somewhere between the Netherworld and Walt Disney World
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't remember Strawberry's punishments, but, I remember Steve Howe being suspended several times. Back to A-Rod. Now that he has admitted it, let it be. Release the names of the other 103, and move forward.
    Let's stop defending mediocrity out of Disney and hold Disney to the higher standard they set up themselves.

Post Thanks / Like

The other thing that has been bugging me about this entire thing is what about finding this leak or leaks that keep releasing this information? I mean if these were confidential documents I am assuming only a select number of people have or had access to them. The longer this continues the more damge it is doing to the game.
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BMan62 View Post
    Unfortunately, disciplinary action is pretty much a laugh in MLB and has been since the 80's.
    Ask J.C. Romero how he feels about disciplinary action
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

On MLB Network,Joe Morgan said the names of the other 103 players should be released so the cloud of doubt of the players that DIDN'T use steroids would disappear.My son plays in Little League and I played softball.I had #.13 on my shirt because I played at 3rd base.My son took 13 because I had it.Yesterday he said "I"m not using #.13 anymore because of A-rod.He used steroids.I'm picking another number." Sad.....and stupid on the players part.
    Rob
    1. '66 Preview Center(baby),'71,'76,'86,'94-Offsite
    2. '95 AS Mus,'96 AS Sport,'97 AS Mov
    3. '99 CSR,'2000 CBR
    4. '01 AS Mov,'02 AS Mov
    5. '03-'04 Pop,CHRISTmas,New Years,Collective Soul
    6. '04 Pop,Halloween
    7. '05,'06,'07,'10 Pop,CHRISTmas
    8. '11 Pop,New Years,15th Wedding Anniversary

Somewhere between the Netherworld and Walt Disney World
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JPL View Post
    The other thing that has been bugging me about this entire thing is what about finding this leak or leaks that keep releasing this information? I mean if these were confidential documents I am assuming only a select number of people have or had access to them. The longer this continues the more damge it is doing to the game.
    The problem is more than a select number of people have the results. Originally it was the lab (numbers were used in place of names) and the MLBPA/MLB. Now the government has the results. That means anyone involved with the investigation, including judges, paralegals, congressmen, etc... The list goes on.
    Let's stop defending mediocrity out of Disney and hold Disney to the higher standard they set up themselves.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I guess we can start calling him A - ROID now!
    First trip, Christmas 1971.
    Last Trip, Oct. 2017 - ICOT20!
    Next Trip: Planning...Always Planning

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dont ya just love bud selig ?

to paraphrase-
    selig says a-rod is a disgrace because he admitted using.
    Gee in the face of overwhelming evidence, he did not stick his head in the sand. (comparing my opinion of a-rod & selig).

I heard the a-roid interview, I liked how he did not admit to what he used, its much better to only admit to what they know. ("the school called ? I know nothing about the fire in the teachers lounge....um, what fire. Its not about a fire?"- atributed to bart simpson).

I can not believe Selig's arrogance.
    Oh well, - THESE ARE NOT THE STEROIDS YOU ARE LOOKING FOR.
    or There are no Steroids behind the curtain. Ignor the man beind the curtain.

Post Thanks / Like

ok lets be honest here. Steroids have been gaining momentum since the 1980's (even though they have not been as prevelant). All of this nonsense about putting an asterisk next to someone's name is absolute craziness. I'm not condoning their behavior, but you can't run around and put an asterisk next to the name of everyone who ever made a bad decision in the Hall of Fame. Baseball must be judged generation by generation and this era of the late 90's and 2000's has already been deemed the "Steroid Era". In 30 years, new baseball enthusists will see the name Bonds, McGwire, and most likely Rodriguez in the records of the Hall of Fame and they will already be guilty by association with their time in Major League Baseball. Everyone is quick to point the fingers at the players but it is in reality the fault of the owners, unions, and commissioner. These players have millions of dollars on the table and they are trying to get the leg up and sometimes make bad decisions, just like the rest of us. If the officials of MLB had made better policies they could have controlled it better and if they evolve their policies they can control it in the future. Everyone needs to get off the false idea that professional athletes always make the right decisions and accept that they are as human as everyone else. We need to stop being so shocked with the news of steroids and move on and encourage our MLB officials to make stronger punishments for steroid use because it's old news and we need to move on into a era for baseball.

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=JPL;1827654]Spoken like a true Red Sox Fan. You would love him if he signed with the Sox. [QUOTE]

As a sox fan I can say I would not have liked him in Boston. There is just something not right about him, although I know that sounds judgemental. He is just so fake to me. I have disliked players on the Sox before....Manny case and point.

As for steroids everyone seems to have an opinion I am no different. Here is my view. Steroids were illegal not in Baseball but in America! Lets not give these guys a free pass becuase we are tired of the gradual name parade. Pro Players get too many free passes, some even get away with mur...well lets not go there but lets not turn our heads becuase we simply want this coverage explosion off our sports talk, and SportsCenter.

As for the asterick disscussion, well I know I am in the minority but I just don't think MLB is consistent. I mean Marris had an asterick becuase it took him more games to hit his homers than Ruth. Why does Hank Aaron not have an asterick then? Can of worms, yes, consistant no. Just get rid of the astericks, punish the rule breakers consistant with anti-drug use laws and move on.
    Loads of trips since 1974...

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: