Quantcast Theme Park DVD's at the Parks

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Theme Park DVD's at the Parks

My husband was asking me about this earlier. We were wondering about the travel DVD's for the parks that they have at MK, Epcot, etc. We always get the new vacation DVD but we were wondering if anyone has ever bought the DVD's for the theme parks AT the parks? I think they cost like $20 but we wanted to know if they contain any behind the scene footage OR footage that you don't see in the vacation DVD's? Has anyone ever bought one of these?

amanda
    Next trip - Sep29-Oct4! Free QS dining at POP. First trip with both kids. (6th total visit)
    "In dreams you will lose your heartache"

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I have the most recent 4 that were release and they really aren't that good. They average about 30 minutes each in length and really don't show too much at all. I haven't watched in a long time and they are definately geared more towards kids. I think the planning DVD is actually much better. However if you do decide to buy the get the box set which includes a DCL DVD along with the 4 parks I think it's the best value.
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

I have the four Theme Park DVDs from circa 2005. Unless the have been recently updated, the planning DVDs are much better.

Here's why imho:
    The planning DVDs are free - the park DVDs are kinda low quality silly story based DVDs that cost a lot $80 for the set of 4, I think they throw in the DCL video for "free" if you buy the $80 set.

Each DVD has its own "storyline":
    MK - Mickey & Minnie's day in Magic Kingdom.
    E - Professor Sy-N-Tiffic travels through Epcot (like High School Field Trip style, but very silly)
    DHS - I don't remember much about this one, some ToT footage was the same as the planning DVD if I recall.
    AK - I liked this one best but it was still oddly silly, explorer guy in animal kingdom.

I'm a child at heart, I understand all things Disney and I usually go for silly, but sadly the price of these DVDs do not warrant their lack of quality.

The best thing about the DVD is that you can watch them in "enhanced mode" when a certain icon pops up you can click on it to get more info about some subjects (AK was particularly interesting with the animals I thought).

If you are a big fan and have an interest as a souvenier for these, I'd add them to my collection, otherwise I wouldn't sweat it too much. If you really want a good Disney DVD get the History Channels' Modern Marvels Walt Disney World DVD, it is so much better! AWESOME REALLY!
    Journey into your...Lego® Imagination Center
    If you can dream it...you can build it!

Still journeying & dreaming for over 30 years now to new vacation destinations & WDW.

Post Thanks / Like

They are garbage... You can do better getting the Planning DVDs. I would actually suggest the older planning DVDs over the newer ones. They used to be good, like around 2001-2004 or so, but have really fallen off in the more recent years.

You can download the older planning DVDs online if you use google and do some sleuthing.

Post Thanks / Like

Another suggestion would be to watch for some of the TV Specials on the Travel Channel and record them they are much better than the Park DVDs
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Intercot Staff
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyRox View Post
    You can download the older planning DVDs online if you use google and do some sleuthing.
    Great to know! I agree that the older planning DVD's are much better!
    "Have a Magical Day"

WDW Obsessed since 1984!

Post Thanks / Like

Question Similar to Travel Channel?

Quote Originally Posted by JPL View Post
    I have the most recent 4 that were release and they really aren't that good. They average about 30 minutes each in length and really don't show too much at all.
    Do you know if they're the same (or similar) to what they show on the Travel Channel?
    WDW - 99 Off Site
    WDW - 00 C.Springs, Wilderness
    WDW - 01 POFQ, Boardwalk
    WDW - 02 C.Beach, POFQ, AK Lodge
    WDW - 04 Riverside
    WDW - 05 C.Springs
    WDW - 07 Riverside
    WDW - 11 C.Beach
    WDW - 12 POFQ
    WDW - 14 Riverside
    WDW - 15 POFQ
    WDW - 19 Wilderness
    WDW - 20 C.Beach

Post Thanks / Like

I have one good thing to say about the DVD's. My sister bought the MK DVD for her 3 yo and 6 yo grandsons, and when she showed it to them, they wanted to watch it non-stop. For them, it was the next best thing to being there. I guess it depends on the audience.

Post Thanks / Like

The onse sold at the parks are Theme Exclusives and not shown on TV. They are really cheesey and give very little information about the attractions.

The Travel Channel shows are really great and look behind the scenes in some cases and give a good look at the attractions.

As mentioned earlier in this thread for the History of the WDW Modern Marvels WDW available here at Amazon is a great DVD and a must own for any WDW fan IMHO.
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Intercot Staff
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Default Older Disney Planning DVDS

Hello everyone,
    I need help in finding an older Disney Planning DVD. It was probably made around 2000-2005. It had an Asian lady narrating it. It also premiered "My Pal Mickey" doll.It was my family's favorite panning video. After we moved, it somehow got misplaced. If anyone knows of website where I can look I would greatly appreciate it. Thank You.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony1732 View Post
    Hello everyone,
    I need help in finding an older Disney Planning DVD. It was probably made around 2000-2005. It had an Asian lady narrating it. It also premiered "My Pal Mickey" doll.It was my family's favorite panning video. After we moved, it somehow got misplaced. If anyone knows of website where I can look I would greatly appreciate it. Thank You.
    First off, to INTERCOT!!!!!

Now, for the planning video(s) you might check eBay. Every once in a while they come up on there. I don't recall the specific one you are looking for, but I only have them since 2003.
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

There are the park specific videos. They aren't very good.

There are the ThemePark videos (have the main characters on the cover) which is like 3-4 different topics. Not too bad.

Also, there are 2 dvds, Disneyland and MK Imagineering which are quite good.

You can tube some other videos. There are some from the 90's we love. A day at Mk, a Day at Epcot, and a day at MGM. There is all kinds of great material on tube. You can watch some great undercover ride videos.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite