Quantcast Room Availability for Late Check In??

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Room Availability for Late Check In??

We are going to WDW for my DW's Birthday next week. We plan on driving over on Wed night after she gets off work (7 PM). That will put us in around 8:30 PM. Everytime we have had a late check in, we have not gotten any of our special requests. I can go over around 3:00PM and check in and then go back and pick her up after I have gotten our room. I CANNOT stand having the double beds...I really need the queen. We have Preferred Rooms Reserved and they are already completely paid for. Should I go early??
    DDuck66
    Disney Veteran

2000- Once
    2001- Twice
    2002- Three Times
    2003- Three times
    2004 Twice
    2005 Twice
    2006- October and Christmas
    2007- The year of the annual pass!!!
    2008- Concierge at the POLY!!!!
    2009- Birthdays in January and March!!!!
    2010- Lots of trips..Too many to count!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Why not stay off site the first night and arrive extra early on the morning of your first day? However, they do room assignments 2-3 days before you arrive so timing won't matter as to where you're assigned. The only thing arriving early does is allow you to request a change to a different room if you don't like you're assignment, but I've been hearing that they are more and more reluctant to change assignments.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Strmchsr View Post
    Why not stay off site the first night and arrive extra early on the morning of your first day? However, they do room assignments 2-3 days before you arrive so timing won't matter as to where you're assigned. The only thing arriving early does is allow you to request a change to a different room if you don't like you're assignment, but I've been hearing that they are more and more reluctant to change assignments.
    We only live about an hour and a half away, so we could just check in on Thursday morning. Originally the DW was supposed to get off early that day, but now she can not and we have already paid for the room. I guess I will just check in about 8PM and hope for the best.
    DDuck66
    Disney Veteran

2000- Once
    2001- Twice
    2002- Three Times
    2003- Three times
    2004 Twice
    2005 Twice
    2006- October and Christmas
    2007- The year of the annual pass!!!
    2008- Concierge at the POLY!!!!
    2009- Birthdays in January and March!!!!
    2010- Lots of trips..Too many to count!!

Post Thanks / Like

1) Values and Mods have 2-double beds or a King.
    2) Deluxes have 2-queens or a king.
    3) Unfortuately, the later you arrive ths greater chance others have your preferences.
    4) When you check-in, you can change rooms.
    5) Many people do this.
    6) If your requests are too many or too specific, you get ripped.
    Average Banjo Picker. Pretty-Good Sailing Master. Newly Ordained.

Post Thanks / Like

We checked into the CR late over a year ago. It was about 8:30 when we checked in. My room requests were not met, and they couldn't change us that night. They advised the later you check in, the less availability if you want a switch. We ended up loving our room anyway, and didn't switch out the next day.
    Lisa
    Multiple visits over Multiple years
    30 plus stays at Disney's Polynesian resort

Post Thanks / Like

I agree that your room options may be more limited the later you check in, due to CM's shuffling around assignments earlier in the day. As the previous poster said, if you don't like the room you get Wednesday night, you can always switch to a different room Thursday morning.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

lockedoutlogic Guest

Quote Originally Posted by MNNHFLTX View Post
    I agree that your room options may be more limited the later you check in, due to CM's shuffling around assignments earlier in the day. As the previous poster said, if you don't like the room you get Wednesday night, you can always switch to a different room Thursday morning.
    It goes deeper than this.....

by 8 o'clock at night.....under most normal circumstances.....all the WDW resorts will be down to somewhere in the 10-35 reservations left to check in range.....sometimes much lower.....

you're talking about resorts that vary in size from about 800 rooms to 3200....

with those small numbers of rooms left to check in....out of such a large pool (assuming close to capacity....as most WDW resorts run year round).... there is not alot of selection left....

It is also possible that you may have had your requested rooms a day or two before check in....or even earlier in the day......but one of two headache scenarios for the RAs happened:

1. Somebody complained....or more likely 20 people complained....and the rooms were shuffled and the blocks were blown 50 times
    2. Frontline CMs....particularly the morning ones.....just swapped the rooms because they've been doing it for 20 years and like to give out the "good" rooms so they can feel like heros.....

long story short (too late)....there is no substitute for early checkins.....it still gives you a much better chance of getting options and choices

Post Thanks / Like

That is all good to know. I bet that was our porblem on our 2 trips. We checked in at about 3 - 4:00pm and each time we got a bad room selection - nothing like we had requested.
    May 2007 - CBR 6 nights
    Dec 2008 - CSR 8 nights
    Aug 2010 - AKL 5 nights /Sports 3 nights
    Aug 2011 - Pop 9 nights

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy this is not good news for me!

This does not bode well for us as we have to check in around midnight!
    I guess we'll have to take our chances and still remember ~ we are in WDW.
    Has anyone every had hassle when asking to change rooms the next day?
    Shannon

~It's not the number of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away~
    ~You should never take more than you give~ The Circle of Life

Post Thanks / Like

Our last two checkins were around noon. Neither time did we get any of our requests fulfilled, nor would they change the room assignment.
    2-18 May 2011 POFQ
    2-14 May 08 POFQ 20th Anniversary Amazing weather
    5 -21 Dec 07 POFQ Fabulous weather
    26 Apr-16 May 06 POFQ - AWESOME. 20 days SUNSHINE
    27 Apr-10 May 05 POFQ
    04-11 May 00 POFQ 1st Trip We're hooked!

Disneyland 12-19 August 09 Grand Californian - Amazing Place

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Smiles View Post
    Our last two checkins were around noon. Neither time did we get any of our requests fulfilled, nor would they change the room assignment.
    Sorry to hear about that. CM's have always been amenable to showing us what rooms are still available at check in and moving us, if need be. Maybe the front desk personnel just didn't feel like doin the extra legwork when you were checking in on those particular dates.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

Or maybe there's been a change in policy about reassigning rooms for early check ins and leaving left overs for late arrivals. Wonder if any cm's could enlighten us.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: