Quantcast which resturaunt is best in epcot WS - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Jym,
    Loved your reviews. You made me want to try Marrakesh, and you really made me feel good about trying Tokyo Dining in March.
    Lisa
    Multiple visits over Multiple years
    30 plus stays at Disney's Polynesian resort

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Natazu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mouseketeer mom View Post
    Jym,
    Loved your reviews. You made me want to try Marrakesh, and you really made me feel good about trying Tokyo Dining in March.
    Thanks Lisa. I'm sure Christine will be along soon to yell at me for my Chefs comments... and I didn't even compare it to Cracker Barrel.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Natazu View Post
    Thanks Lisa. I'm sure Christine will be along soon to yell at me for my Chefs comments... and I didn't even compare it to Cracker Barrel.
    , Both me and DH are with you on that one. He made me promise I won't take him back there.
    Lisa
    Multiple visits over Multiple years
    30 plus stays at Disney's Polynesian resort

Post Thanks / Like

OK, get comfortable:

Bistro De Paris (Table Service – Non-Disney – No DDP) ☺☺☺☺☻
    Rich with the culinary ideals still held true from Calais to Monaco, Bistro’s homage to French culinary accomplishment has become the maxim to which more restaurants should aspire. Perfectly cooked duck with just the right amount of tarragon or fresh scallops, lobster, and snapper. The hardest part is deciding what to order. So, for less than a hundred dollars a person, you can sample a true degustation of excellence. Why the price fixe menu? Simple, chefs love showing off their talents, and one of the ways in which they can best do this is by offering a menu de degustation, literally, a "tasting menu" in which the meal consists of at least 6 different courses. This gives you an opportunity to try a broader range of dishes than would normally be possible in one visit. A couple can easily sample 10 different items during one dinner and for a little more money, complete the experience with carefully chosen wine pairings.

Chefs de France (Table Service) ☺☺☻
    A lot of people think I hate this place. That’s not actually true. The menu was created expertly, some complex items and some, uh, simple ones. However, French cooking is not an art, it’s a science and the kitchen staff isn’t living up to the quality of the original creators. Chefs de France has fallen victim to the most common pitfall when the recipes aren’t created in-house… inconsistency. And that kills if for me (and apparently for Gaston Lenotre). Is the food at Chefs bad? No, but we just don’t bother eating there anymore. Give me consistently great food or leave it in the kitchen. Est-ce que c'est trop difficile?

Help me out here Jym. Where is Bistro De Paris and how is it different from Chef de France? Although we have been to WDW many times I have mostly ignored these types of restaurants since we have 3 kids. However DH and I are going in October for our 20th anniversary (sans kids) and I am looking for something we have not tried before but would love to without the kids. DH and I love taking our time to savor a good meal and good wine. Our favorite restaurant is Calif Grill with Jiko a close second. We have also dined at V&A's once and very much enjoyed the experience.

I have always wanted to try Chef de France mainly because it looks so, well...french. I am not familiar though with Bistro De Paris. Why are there two very similar sounding restaurants in France? Am I missing something?
    ~Lisa aka Tinkermom

DVC Member since 05/01

Most Recent Trips:
    12/28/12-1/4/13 OKW to watch our son and his HS marching band on Main Street on NYE!
    7/13/12-7/17/12 Vero Beach & 7/17/12-7/23/12 WLVs

Next up: 5/28-6/12 Vero Beach (Beach Cottage!)/Fort Myers/Treehouse Villas

Natazu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermom View Post
    Help me out here Jym. Where is Bistro De Paris and how is it different from Chef de France? Although we have been to WDW many times I have mostly ignored these types of restaurants since we have 3 kids. However DH and I are going in October for our 20th anniversary (sans kids) and I am looking for something we have not tried before but would love to without the kids. DH and I love taking our time to savor a good meal and good wine. Our favorite restaurant is Calif Grill with Jiko a close second. We have also dined at V&A's once and very much enjoyed the experience.

I have always wanted to try Chef de France mainly because it looks so, well...french. I am not familiar though with Bistro De Paris. Why are there two very similar sounding restaurants in France? Am I missing something?
    You'll find Bistro de Paris upstairs, tucked away from the hustle and bustle, mostly free of day guests and completely free of a kids menu.

Bistro is the more upscale of the two restaurants in the France pavilion. The easiest way to explain the difference is the Bistro serves a French countryside board of fare while Chefs offers more of what you'd find in a cityscape like Lyon, Paris, or Cote d' Azur. In fact, it's exactly the type of menu you'll find in at least one restaurant in Lyon, Paris, and d' Azur because three chefs from those cities (Paul Bocuse, Roger Verge, and the late Gaston Lenotre) created the original menu.

Basically, for Bistro, think Louis XV. For Chefs De France, think French Shoney's.

Post Thanks / Like

Basically, for Bistro, think Louis XV. For Chefs De France, think French Shoney's.

Well ok then, sounds like Bistro de Paris for us. Would you say it is romantic? What is the decor?
    ~Lisa aka Tinkermom

DVC Member since 05/01

Most Recent Trips:
    12/28/12-1/4/13 OKW to watch our son and his HS marching band on Main Street on NYE!
    7/13/12-7/17/12 Vero Beach & 7/17/12-7/23/12 WLVs

Next up: 5/28-6/12 Vero Beach (Beach Cottage!)/Fort Myers/Treehouse Villas

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know if it is the "best" but I need to let you know about our experience at Marrekesh. We went there on Jan 5th. Our party of 6 included my husband myself and our sons and their girlfriends (ages 20, 20, 19, 18). There were 4 picky eaters in the group - like pizza, grilled cheese and chicken fingers - you know the type.

We they all loved the food there. They even ate their veggies We ordered chicken couscous, chicken kebobs and beef kebobs. They came with vegetables in differnt sauces. We all enjoyed our meals. The restaurant was beautiful inside. I would highly reccomend it.
    Aug 1974 Fort Wilderness
    Aug 1981 Fort Wilderness
    Oct 1986 Polynesian
    Oct 1992 Beach Club
    Aug 1998 All Star Sports & Wilderness Lodge
    Feb 1999 Grosvenor
    Aug 1999 Beach Club
    Aug 2002 Yacht Club
    Feb 2007 Old Key West
    Jan 2009 Old Key West
    Jan 2010 Boardwalk Villas

Post Thanks / Like

Another vote for Le Cellier!!!! However, we have eaten at Akershus and loved it as well. IT was a great version of eating with the princesses instead of eating at the royal table; which imho the food is not good. You almost cant go wrong with the world showcase food though. We are actually considering upgrading to deluxe dining so we can eat at all of them.
    A man should never neglect his family for business.-Walt Disney
    Apr07-FW
    Feb08-FW
    Sep08-BC
    Sep09-POR
    Nov-Dec09-FW
    Dec09-BC
    Aug10-WL
    Jan11-SSR
    Oct11-ASM/FW/CBR/BC
    Dec11-ASM/BLT
    Jan12-WD
    Feb12-Off
    Sep12-BCV/Pop
    Jan13-FW/AOA
    Feb13-CBR
    Sept13-Dland
    Dec13-FW

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Natazu;1815830]OK, get comfortable:

Le Cellier Steakhouse (Table Service) ☺☺☺☺☻
    Worth the title of Signature Dining, Le Cellier is still 1 credit on the Dining Plan. Cheddar Cheese Soup you can’t get enough of, perfectly cooked duck, & fork-tender mushroom filet mignon makes you forget you’re dining in a room full of Canadians. They no longer have their signature Maple Crème Brûlée but who has room for dessert after all those carbs.

They had the maple creme brulee in December, we had it for dessert and it was melt in your mouth good...also, in addition to the above mention items, my son got onion soup and it was pretty good too plus my mom's prime rib was awesome

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

We love LeCellier. It is a must do each trip!!

We also love Rose and Crown, San Angel Inn, Tappen Edo.

We would like to try Italy, Akershus, and Chef's de France.
    Kristen and Ben
    Next - 8/7-15 @ OKW w/Kakn7294 & Taylor & Joline; 12/16 Disney Wonder&12/19 SSR; July '10 @ VWL w/Kakn7294 - Nursing School Graduation Party ; Aug '11 Disney Dream; F&WF '11
    DVC Owners @ SSR & AKV & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

makes you forget you’re dining in a room full of Canadians
    and what is wrong with eating in a room full of canadians??????????????????????
    "this is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good."

stitchaholic
    off site-1980
    ASM-2008
    POP-JAN 26,2009

CSR-JAN,2009
    WLV-jan 2010
    next visit dec 2010 AKL

Post Thanks / Like

Canada's Le Cellier is my top choice.
    1995-ASSp, 2000-offsite, 2001-ASMo, 2002-WL, 2003-ASmo-POR-Poly, 2004-Pop, 2005-CS,Pop,CBR, 2006-WL,Pop, 2007-POR, 2008-Ctp

Beam me up, Scotty!

Natazu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by stitchaholic View Post
    and what is wrong with eating in a room full of canadians??????????????????????
    Nothing, some of my best friends are Canadian.

Post Thanks / Like

After reading Jym's rather lengthy reviews, I'd be hard-pressed to come up with something new...

Basically, we've had mostly excellent experiences at all of the WS restaurants. Have we had bad experiences? Yup. But they're few and far between.

We don't prefer Nine Dragons or Biergarten - but that's a personal preference. Most on these boards love the places. We find the R&C to be average at best (although we love the pub section). And we thoroughly enjoy Les Chefs (blasphemy to Natazu!!! ). My point is, each place will bring mixed reviews.

About the only places that get consistently high marks are Le Cellier and Bistro. These two present their own challenges - Le Cellier is now the hardest ADR to snag in WDW (other than b'fast with Cindy) and Bistro can set you back a few bucks - although you'll leave the establishment very pleased.

Your best bet is to chose a place that appeals to you in terms of menu and theme. Then get a ressie and try to enjoy!
    Frank

DVC Owner
    BWV, BCV, SSR

Post Thanks / Like

Nothing, some of my best friends are Canadian

ok,you're forgiven then,lol!
    "this is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good."

stitchaholic
    off site-1980
    ASM-2008
    POP-JAN 26,2009

CSR-JAN,2009
    WLV-jan 2010
    next visit dec 2010 AKL

Post Thanks / Like

Well said Notazu!

Believe it or not, I agree with all of your reviews (it's not you, it's me ).

Marakesh especially was a nice surprise on a trip several years ago. At that time I really just wanted to see the interior of the restaurant and had to talk my 19 year old into trying it. We both loved it so much I bought the cookbook!

When we go in May I am taking her to Bistro and Le Cellier for the first time, I can't wait!

Any suggestions for restaurants in the Magic Kingdom? I have been so disappointed in the past, we tend to either go to one of the Monorail Resorts or to EPCOT for dinner.
    Disneyland '81
    Holiday Inn Maingate '83
    DL Hotel '94
    Paradise Pier '95
    DL AP's '95-'00
    DL Hotel '02
    BC '03
    Poly '04
    BWI '04
    WL '04
    Coronado Springs '09
    Poly '09

Natazu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Yvette View Post
    Any suggestions for restaurants in the Magic Kingdom? I have been so disappointed in the past, we tend to either go to one of the Monorail Resorts or to EPCOT for dinner.
    You're doing the right thing. In general, you'll get better Table Service meals on the Monorail loop than you will in Magic Kingdom.

Post Thanks / Like

Tokyo Diningsake, sushi, excellent service and the prices arent bad
    havent tried Bistro, due to prices etc but ive had hit or miss w Chefs....last time I had a pretty good lunch there of Short ribs
    Marrakesh gave me a good meal a few trips ago
    San ANgel...not so much but the atmosphere is the best
    Le Cellier, slightly overated i think and I skipped it last trip...the pretzel breadsticks are good and
    Rose and Crown sampler, mushrooms app used to be good as was the sticky toffee pudding. fish and chips good bet.
    Nine Dragons...looking forward to trying it since the rehab
    I keep looking at the menus in Italy...maybe Ill try it sometime since its changed hands.
    and I still miss the Hot and Koldbort in Norway...
    Germany....well its filling and
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    7 17..ASM, CSR, WL AKL club POP
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19
    DVC WL, CSR and idk 10-20

Post Thanks / Like

The best place that WE'VE ate at was Teppan Edo in Japan. Granted we haven't had the chance to try Le Celier yet. Which, by my close sources (an ex-employee) is the BEST restaurant in all of Walt Disney World.
    Next trip - Sep29-Oct4! Free QS dining at POP. First trip with both kids. (6th total visit)
    "In dreams you will lose your heartache"

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

We love Rose and Crown for lunch OR during Illuminations.
    LeCellier has great food, and pretzel rolls are delicious.
    Chefs is always enjoyable.
    Went to Teppan Edo last August...great food and great waiter.
    We love eating at the WS...have fun!!!
    Coming up....BCV and BWV 2016????
    BWV July 2010, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15!!!!
    BWV and BCV July 2009
    BWV 12/2008 (Surprise trip!)
    Boardwalk Villas 08/2008
    Swan 06/2007
    Boardwalk Villas 08/2005
    Beach Club Villas 11/2004, 04/2006
    Contemporary 4/2002, 4/2004

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: