Quantcast Mama Melrose - Good?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Mama Melrose - Good?

The DH & I along with the in-laws are thinking of trying Mama Melrose in December. If you've eaten there, what do you think?
    1986, 1995 - Off Property
    1995 - B.V. Palace
    2002 - PORS
    2005 - Wilderness Lodge
    2006 - CBR
    2007 - AKL
    2008 - Saratoga Springs
    Spring 2009 - BCV
    Fall 2009 - CSR
    Winter 2009 - VWL
    Spring 2010 - BWV
    Fall 2010 - Kidani & Wine & Dine 1/2 Marathon
    December 2010 - OKW

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Lunch with Mama

Had an unplanned lunch there last Sept. Hadn't been there in at least 2-3 years and they were just opening up when I was walking by. I was on the DDP, but no ADR. After few minutes of checking ressies they zipped me right in. (i'm sure they thought a table of one would turn over quickly, though I was never meant to feel that way)
    Chicken Bruschetta was very good. Dessert (cheesecake I think) was fine. Italian beer (Moretti's?) great. Service Very polite. Also I think this is a place where any size or type of group would feel comfortable.
    I would go there again.

'Tiggers are wonderful things'
    AKL
    All Star Music/Sports
    Big Red Boat
    CB
    Contemporary Garden
    Disney Institute Bungalow
    FW Campground/Cabin/Home
    Pop
    Poly
    POFQ/POR
    WL

Post Thanks / Like

We've enjoyed a Fantasmic Dinner Package there a year ago. I would go back if I had the need for another Fantasmic dinner package.
    Steak - good and creme brulee (I think)good.
    first visIt: November 1973
    next planned visit: October, 2013 with friends
    resident Fairy Godmother

hearts are warmed when friends meet

see ya real soon

~*~*~*disneydeb*~*~*~

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I must tell you....we had an ADR for Mama Melrose last May and when we arrived, we were seated very quickly. However, my son has autism and the music there was too much for him to handle (he was tired and hungry and that is not a good combination with a typical child let alone a special needs child)...The music was not really loud nor obnoxious. (It is kind of like Dean Martin/Frank Sinatra type music). No amount of coaxing could dissuade his meltdown and my husband got very upset with the manager (even tho it was not her fault), because she told him that all music came from Imagineering and could not be turned off at the individual restaurants. (my husband had a hard time believing that but I dont, knowing how Disney is about details). She felt so badly for us that she followed us outside when we left and told us that even though it was not their policy, she offered for us to have a take out meal, whatever we wanted, appetizer AND dessert. (we were on the middle DDP so both were not included). They proceeded to bring all our food out to the patio/courtyard outside of Pizza Planet and made sure we had everything we needed (she even sent REAL silverware...lol!) She even had a cast member from Pizza Planet come out about halfway through our meal to check on us and to give my son a mug from Pizza Planet. If you don't call this over and above....I don't know what is. And on top of it...the food was delicious even if it was 'carry out'!!
    So, to answer your question.....yummy, yummy.....you will enjoy it!
    Disney BORN & BRED!

71-78 FL resident, MANY visits!
    78-79 CM@MK
    85&90-offsite
    94-SOG
    01&05-Band trips-offsite
    May08-1st visit 4 our spec DS! POFQ
    MAY09-POFQ-DD's college grad!
    POFQ/MNSSHP 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016

Post Thanks / Like

My family has eaten at mama melrose several times. We have always found the food to be very good. I think you will enjoy this restaurant if you like Italian food.
    '91 Grand Floridian
    '01 Caribbean Beach
    '02 Grand Floridian
    '03 Coronado Springs
    '04 Dolphin / Grand Floridan
    '07 Caribbean Beach
    '07 Disneyland
    '09 Caribbean Beach
    '10 Caribbean Beach
    '11 Pop Century
    '12 Wilderness Lodge (January/February)
    '13 Off Site Rental Home
    '14 Off Site Condo

Post Thanks / Like

We always eat at Mama Melrose; it's one of our favorites. Not necessarily because of the food, although it is good. The real reason we like it is that, of all the restaurants in the parks, it is the most like a "regular" restaurant that you would find anywhere. It's very quiet and cozy.
    Disneyland 91
    Caribbean Beach 02
    Aulani 23
    ASMu 03
    ASSp 04 05 06 07 15 16 17
    Boardwalk 22
    POP 04 05 06 08 09 10 11 13 14 15 20 21 22
    Kidani Village 18
    Grand Floridian 18
    Polynesian 19 23
    Saratoga Springs 20
    Old Key West 20
    Wonder 08 10 12 17 18 19
    Magic 22
    Dream 13
    Fantasy 15

Post Thanks / Like

Myself and DD16 ate there for the first time last Nov. and we loved it so much we cancelled an adr at 50's so we could eat there again!
    ºOº KATHY, addicted since 1989 ºOº

Laughter is Timeless * Imagination has no age * Dreams are forever

Next Up.....
    Nov. '09 @ Pop

September '89, offsite **October '98, offsite** April '06, Pop Century ** December '07, Pop Century ** Nov. '08, Caribbean Beach

Natazu Guest

Mama Melrose's (Table Service) ☺☺☻
    For flatbread and dessert, Mama’s is fine. The prices are acceptable and there’s rarely a long wait. If you’re looking for a great Italian dinner, this probably isn’t the place. The menu isn’t very diverse and very little of it is fresh. The staff has admitted to me that they are more concerned with getting people fed and back out to the park than providing a true dining experience. Mama Melrose’s is a stereotypical theme park sit-down eatery.

Post Thanks / Like

After our first trip to MM many moons ago, I was persuaded by a group of friends to go there again. What a difference a few years made. I found my entree to be very good (tuna over grilled veggies). It wasn't something that I'd find on the menu of any of our local (highly rated) Italian restaurants here in Brooklyn (we do Italian in a big way here). Their versions of what you will find on our local menus were also quite good (based on the samples we shared with each other).

Everyone at the table agreed that their food was very tasty, and it's another restaurant that has worked its way back onto to our "visit again" list.
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Post Thanks / Like

We've eaten at Mama Melrose on our last two trips . Both times we enjoyed our meal. Very good service and the food was delicious. I would definitely eat there again.
    TRACEY
    ºOº

Disneyland as a kid
    11/02-POFQ * 07/04-Disneyland PPH * 11/05-AKL * 10/08-CBR * 12/10-WL * 11/11-AKL * 11/12-AKL * 11/13-GF * 11/14-AKL * 06/15-Poly * 12/15-YC * 5/16-BWI * 12/16-BC * 5/17-Poly * 10/17-GF * 12/18-POFQ * 12/19-YC * 12/20-CSR * 12/21-BC * 3/22-CSR

Next: 9/22*BWI

Post Thanks / Like

My sister and I have eaten ther a few times and we have always had a brilliant time.
    If you are having a starter get the calamari it is beautiful the best I have ever had.
    I also highly recommend the chicken brushetta.
    Dragongirlx (AkA Ruth)

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

2004 - offsite
    2006 - Dolphin
    2007- WL
    2008 - Poly
    2009 - WL
    2010 - GF
    2012 - WL
    2013 - WL
    2014 - WL

Post Thanks / Like

We don't love it, but don't hate it either...
    DW & I can take it or leave it. The food is fine, service has been good, but it's "forgetable."

My kids on the other hand, think it's great. Not sure why!
    They love the fact that we can go to Fantasmic! afterwards (with the package) and they get to eat lots of pasta. DD loves the chicken parmigiana... Not sure what I'm missing here!

It's a theme park eatery - pure and simple. It's decent, safe. DS has chosen it for his birthday dinner in February!
    Frank

DVC Owner
    BWV, BCV, SSR

Post Thanks / Like

We ate at MM back in September 07 with friends. I personally wasn't crazy about my meal, but everyone else's meal was good. Would I go back and try it again, yes especially if it was part of the fantasmic package.
    Sept 99 Caribbean Beach
    Sept 00 AS Mu
    Sept 01 Wilderness Lodge & Our Disney Wedding
    May 02 AS Mo
    Sept 03 AS Mo
    Sept 05 Pop
    Sept 07 Pop
    Sept 08 Pop
    Sept 09 SSR
    Dec 09 AKL KV
    Aug 10 AKL KV
    Dec 10 SSR
    Sept 11 AKL KV
    Jan 12 Marathon Weekend

Post Thanks / Like

We go to Mama Melrose every trip. We were last there in December 08 and the food was very good. Out of all of the restaurants in the HS park, this one is the best. We have never had a bad meal here. I highly recommend it if you will be in the park
    Cheloconnell :)

DVC Member Since 2008: BLT, GF, AK, OKW, HH

Post Thanks / Like

We started at MM 2 years ago and will definitely return on our next trip. As a pp said, the Calamari is awesome. They mix a few hot cherry pepper slices in the dish for an added zip. Also offer an Eggplant Napoleon which is very good.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

DH and I went last year using the Fantasmic package. It was a wonerful meal. We really enjoyed it and I hope to book the same package again for this year.
    Rhonda

Trips to WDW: Priceless

Impossible is not a word.

Post Thanks / Like

We have never had a bad time at Mama's. One time, we sat down, perused the menu, but nothing caught our attention. So I mentioned this to our server. She asked us what we were in the mood for. We gave it a little thought and told her, grilled chicken, angel hair pasta and and alfredo type sauce. She went back to the kitchen and in a minute or two returned with an affirmation from the chef----no problem!! It was a great meal with excellent service. Another time we have been our server had our table of 15, she never wrote anything down, yet remembered everything...every little detail, request and question. Her name was Holly and she had short blonde hair. She was awesome. And of course, so was the food!!
    Kristen and Ben
    Next - 8/7-15 @ OKW w/Kakn7294 & Taylor & Joline; 12/16 Disney Wonder&12/19 SSR; July '10 @ VWL w/Kakn7294 - Nursing School Graduation Party ; Aug '11 Disney Dream; F&WF '11
    DVC Owners @ SSR & AKV & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

We ate there a few years ago and never went back... could be better now. But i dont like italian food from a can. Thats what it tasted like...
    Trips to wdw......TOO many to count. Next trip...nov.9th-15th 2008. port orleans french quarter... first time there...

Post Thanks / Like

We always try to get to MM as many others do and have always liked it. The service and food have always been acceptable and as others have said the atmosphere is just very comfortable.

Post Thanks / Like

Add us to those who enjoy Mama Melrose. The food is good and we will return.
    26 years staying at the Polynesian
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday...
    Twenty six straight years staying at the Polynesian
    Next trip: October 2018

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: