Quantcast AAA Parking

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: AAA Parking

Post Thanks / Like

Default AAA Parking

Can someone please tell me about the AAA parking and how do I get the parking pass I need? Thanks!
    Kristen and Ben
    Next - 8/7-15 @ OKW w/Kakn7294 & Taylor & Joline; 12/16 Disney Wonder&12/19 SSR; July '10 @ VWL w/Kakn7294 - Nursing School Graduation Party ; Aug '11 Disney Dream; F&WF '11
    DVC Owners @ SSR & AKV & BLT

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Generally, I've heard that folks who receive this parking pass have booked a package through AAA. Sometimes, I've heard that folks only need to be a AAA member and can get the pass.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Faline is right, about booking a AAA package. Dh and i have done all our wdw trips through AAA and the parking pass is one of the perks. When you get all of the papers and confirmations it's in the package. You just put the pass in your windshield. We've only driven down once but it was nice to have. We took the bus to the parks in the morning, headed back to the hotel in the afternoon and then drove back to one of the parks at night. it's good to avoid the mad bus rush as closing.

Post Thanks / Like

We were able to get them with a package and also for buying a 4 day adult park hopper. They said we had to buy a 4 day adult hopper or greater. They are great
    "You make me smile with my heart."
    • DH...almost every year growing up.
    • Me...1978...I think.
      Our Family
    • January 2006-CBR
    • April 2007-Bonnet Creek
    • November 2008-CSR---Never again!
    • Halloween 2010-Bonnet Creek
    • November 2012-Bonnet Creek:)

Post Thanks / Like

The AAA parking pass allows you to park nearer the park entrance and is near the handicaped lot. You still pay to park. At MK, Epcot and DHS you follow the blue line to the lot. At AK you follow the green line.
    Who can get these passes appears to vary from office to office.
    The special parking lots are not very big, so they tend to fill up early.
    Dave aka: Altair
    "Even though they're graceful when swimmin', it's hard to believe sailors thought they were women" - Manatee area, the Living Seas

Post Thanks / Like

AAA did a big promotion of Disney on one of our local news stations yesterday. I didn't get to hear it all but they were telling about all the discounts going on right now and what AAA could do for you. They are having a Disney party sometime this week trying to get everyone to come out and do business with them.

On one note, sometimes if you go late in the day to MK, if the other lots are full, they will direct you to park in the AAA parking area. My SIL left about midafternoon one day on our trip in June and came back a couple of hours later. They had let him park in the AAA spaces and all we had to do was walk out the gate and straight to the car when we left that night. So the AAA parking spaces are pretty close to the gate where the handicap parking spaces are. If you can get a parking pass, it would be better to drive than have to take a tram, etc.
    I DO believe in fairies, I DO, I DO!

1977-2007 various resorts
    August 2007 CBR
    August 2009 Poly
    2010 July/August Ply
    2012 July BC & Christmas ASM
    2014 Sept BC
    2015 Sept BC Oct CS
    2016 May FQ Oct GF
    2017 Nov YC

Post Thanks / Like

I've used it and it was great since we had a monstrous double stroller. When we returned in the evening we sometimes had parking attendants tell us it was full, but it doesn't seem like they check...we walked past dozens of open spots so I ran back and asked her if I could repark since we were going to be leaving post-fireworks. If you use the pass, make sure to check, and not just trust the attendant.

If you can't use AAA to book, the passes are for sale on Ebay, it's just a slip of paper. When we had ours there was no verification, just showed them the paper and they told us where to go.

Post Thanks / Like

I work for AAA so I can answer this with great certainty. All you have to do is be a AAA member and your local office can give you a parking pass - whether you book or buy anything from us or not. Every office has them on hand. They do come with your travel documents if you book a package with AAA. If you are a member, you'd be silly NOT to book with AAA because you do get tons of discounts and perks. But if you book on your own or have credits you're using to go, you can still get the pass by just being a member. Just show your card in your office. You need one pass per car for the duration. You just keep it on your dashboard the whole time. The cost is still the same, but the lots are in a much better location. And don't pay $30 for them on eBay because they are free if you're a member!

Post Thanks / Like

While I am not doubting your information at all, not all AAA offices treat this card the same way. In some offices, they will NOT give you the card unless you purchase a package from them. Others require you purchase at least passes through them.
    Rhonda

Post Thanks / Like

In Massachusetts, they required us to book the tickets from them. I had tickets left over from last year (no expiration) but one of the people in our party needed them so we purchased a 3 day pass from AAA. Then, we got the pass for free. It is good for the entire year but you must have the pass in your posession. We went in October 2008 and they checked at each park that we had it. The parking was awesome and I will be sure to buy tickets there again. Not having to lug 2 kids and a carriage on the tram, especially after a long night was great. Highly recommended. Do check with your local AAA office to see if ticket purchase is required. Have fun!
    Cast: ME39, DH36, DD 6, DS1
    Oct 04/Oct 05 - offsite at Westgate Vacation Villas
    May 06 - offsite at Westgate
    Aug/Sept 07 - first time on property - POFQ
    Oct 4 - Oct 13 2008 - Westgate Vacation Villas
    Oct 3 - Oct 10 2009 - off site timeshare
    May 1 - May 8 2010-Boardwalk Villas

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: