Quantcast Adventurer's Club Rumors? - Page 6

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Splash_Lover View Post
    reading this thread has brought back a lot of memories. I remember my first time at pI. I remember the uniqueness of AC, it was just a fun place to relax, to interact with the CM's there. I saw Marc Cohn perform for free, great improv at the comedy club, and conga lines around the whole place every night, and the occasional stagering to the bus after closing.
    It is sad to see it go but I prefer to remember the good times there instead of picking apart the company that created the parks we love so much. All companies make bad choices and when those choices take away places or rides that we love it is easy to condem then and forget about the other new places and rides that they have built along the way. Miss AC, hope for its return, but don't let its demise take away the magic that comes from what only Disney can give us.
    I don't think anyone whose a member of Intercot wants to 'condem' or 'pick apart' the TWDco.

What I'm seeing in this is a lot of concern about the things going on at WDW and some of he descisions being made there. Not people bashing WDW because they dislike it......
    77-DL
    89-DL
    94-ASSp
    95-OKW
    98-WDW Hol.Inn MG
    99-WDW Off Prop
    06-ASMov
    07-Pop 2/4 - 2/14
    07-ASMus 9/11 - 9/17
    08-ASMov & DCL 10/27 - 11/2
    09-ASMov & DCL Wonder 9/21 - 10/1
    10-WDW Off Prop 4/23 - 4/25
    10-DCL Magic 7 nt EB 10/23
    10-CSR 10/30 - 11/1
    12-POR 1/8 - 1/15
    12-CSR 12/20-27

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
    It appears that WDW organized DJ auditions in Atlantic Dance Hall recently, stating that “Atlantic Dance Hall and our partners across property have requested us to find more DJ’s for them.” This adds to the rumour that they are planning to reopen some (PI) clubs before Spring Break.
    Another audition update: Disney is about to hold an audition looking for comedy style actors who can also sing, with the goal of hiring about 60 performers.

I don't think that this is for the AC only, maybe combined with the Comedy Warehouse. 60 performers seems a lot though...
    95 DLRP
    96, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01 ASS
    98, 01 DLRP
    98 DLRP
    00 DLRP
    02 DLRP
    02 CBR & AKL
    03 DLRP
    03 CBR
    03 DLRP
    04 DLRP
    04 CBR
    05 May: PC, Jun: ASS & Sep: PC
    06 Jan: PC, Sep: PC
    07 May: PC, Sep: CBR
    08 Jan: ASMo, Sep: Pop
    09 Feb: OS, Sep: SS
    11 May: SS

Post Thanks / Like

Hey WDWNut02! I've been waiting for you to post what our "connection" told us but I guess I will do it myself. We were told that the "powers that be" have said that the Adventurers Club is to be left untouched and he also said that they have been making appearances as the AC club characters in the parks as well. Anyone seen them? That holds hope for me, but then again, I'm a "glass half full" kind of gal!

Kungaloosh!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bear View Post
    Hey WDWNut02! I've been waiting for you to post what our "connection" told us but I guess I will do it myself. We were told that the "powers that be" have said that the Adventurers Club is to be left untouched and he also said that they have been making appearances as the AC club characters in the parks as well. Anyone seen them? That holds hope for me, but then again, I'm a "glass half full" kind of gal!

Kungaloosh!
    Work and school keepin from the things I enjoy the most again! Besides I couldn't have said it any better. (Gotta love those "glass is half full" folks.)

Post Thanks / Like

I'll be making my reservations as soon as they open AC up again!
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting....
    77-DL
    89-DL
    94-ASSp
    95-OKW
    98-WDW Hol.Inn MG
    99-WDW Off Prop
    06-ASMov
    07-Pop 2/4 - 2/14
    07-ASMus 9/11 - 9/17
    08-ASMov & DCL 10/27 - 11/2
    09-ASMov & DCL Wonder 9/21 - 10/1
    10-WDW Off Prop 4/23 - 4/25
    10-DCL Magic 7 nt EB 10/23
    10-CSR 10/30 - 11/1
    12-POR 1/8 - 1/15
    12-CSR 12/20-27

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lockedoutlogic View Post
    Those places were never meant for families....no matter what Disney said....

They were bars.....plain and simple....the only place that wasn't a straight bar was the Comedy Warehouse....and that would have been brutally dull for anyone between 5 and 15.....

The Adventure's Club was a bar with schtick that would be lost on anyone resembling a child as well....

PI was what it was: for adults.....it had it's run....now it's going away.....
    I've got to strongly disagree here. My wife and I are big fans having spent the better part of our early honey moon and one year anniversary evenings at the club. We were lucky enough to already have a trip planned in September of last year before the club closed. To make sure our children (one girl age 2, two boys ages 4 and 8) did not miss such a unique experience, we took them one night right as the club opened for about two hours, They enjoyed a library show where both boys went on stage and received adventurer's club member pins, a mask room show and a treasure room show before tiring out for the night. To this day, my oldest still talks about the club and wears his member pin proudly on his boy scout uniform like a regular Emil character. It's cute, and even thought the humor was PG-13, that part went over our kids heads anyway. I truly believe it was good family entertainment, at least in the early evening hours.

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation

Internal schedules list the Adventurer's Club as only operational through the Disney Event Group till October 1, 2009. The Disney Event Group is the division that schedules and organizes private events for large groups.

So although the club is likely not going anywhere for a while, it shouldn't be expected to be open to the public in the meantime either.

Quote Originally Posted by Bear
    ...he also said that they have been making appearances as the AC club characters in the parks as well. Anyone seen them?
    The Samantha Sterling, Hathaway Brown, Fletcher Hodges, and Pamelia Perkins characters appeared at a Private Event at the Animal Kingdom on February 10th. Otherwise, there do not appear to be any other recent reports of Adventure's Club characters appearing outside of private events at the club.
    Figment! aka Jason şoş
    INTERCOT STAFF
    News, Rumours & Imagineering
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

~We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things~

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drummerboy View Post
    Neon Armadillo.

Yeah that was it. RIP..

Hey Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

As one of the "closing" AC castmember I just would like to say a few things . I along with everyone else , wish the rumors were true or come true . But ? If you were to look at AC as a business owner you would see it was losing money . You have actors who made in the neighborhood of 25 bucks an hour ...for at least 6 hours ..not to mention all the others it took to run the place , that was frequented by castmembers who not only got in free but wouldn't order anything but water . The very last days several commented , when someone ordered a water "and you wonder why we are closing?"
    It was a GREAT place to be and working there was awesome ! However ? To be realistic , what buisness owner would open a business that lost money ? But ? It hasn't been torn down yet and is still booked for events and conventions till Oct .
    I would also like to comment about all the actors being deployed somewhere else . They weren't given jobs . They had to audition to get another placement . Some already had other places they worked in the parks , such as Nemo , but ? there were others who ? Did lose their jobs . Most did , however, get to stay with the company , but I know SEVERAL talented people that didn't get a spot . Such as "fingers' , one of the Emils/fletcher , and someone (that wasn't a favorite among the other actors) a Pamelia/Sam . Along with someone who played Otis/Graves/Fletcher and had worked doing so for over 10 yrs .

I will always hope it will come alive again , just as it was and will hold on to that .

Post Thanks / Like

workinathemouse,

thank you for the feed back, we appreciate it and I for one was sorry to see the AC dark on my last trip during Christmas. I am glad I managed to take in as many shows as I did over the years.

(I too introduced my kids during their early teen years. They loved it!)
    I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way.

Post Thanks / Like

To workinatthemouse:

As a fan of the place, I want to say "Thank you!!"

I always loved the shows and will truly miss the place!

Kungaloosh!!
    Where are we going, and why are we in this handbasket?

WDW stays
    1998 Old Key West
    2003 Animal Kingdom Lodge
    2005 Port Orleans FQ
    2007 Coronado Springs
    2009 Contemporary

Post Thanks / Like

Default There is always hope

I was happy to read this thread. So much makes sense now.
    DH and I check the AC bldg ever trip. I peek through the windows to see if furniture is gone or if things are moved. But it has remained intact, now I know why.
    I certainly hope to see AC come back in some incarnation -it was a unique and memorable experience, everytime-just like Disney

And a suggestion-if revenue was low, a 2 kugaloosh minimum I'll drink to that
    Curiouser and curiouser....Alice in Wonderland
    TTFN-Ta Ta For Now ... Winnie the Pooh :)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BriarR View Post
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
    Another audition update: Disney is about to hold an audition looking for comedy style actors who can also sing, with the goal of hiring about 60 performers.

I don't think that this is for the AC only, maybe combined with the Comedy Warehouse. 60 performers seems a lot though...
    And again, there are auditions for DJ hosts:

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Auditions website
    DJ Host
    For: Walt Disney World
    Audition City: Orlando, FL
    Looking For: Actors and Musicians March 24, 2009 09:00 AM
    Time zone: Eastern Time (US & Canada)
    Disney Auditions is seeking DJ Hosts for an exciting new night time offering at Downtown Disney at the Walt Disney World® Resort near Orlando, FL. DJ Hosts should have strong interactive skills, high energy and an engaging personality. Full time and part time positions will be available.
    Performers employed by the Walt Disney World Resort are covered under the terms and conditions of a Collective Bargaining Agreement with Actors’ Equity Association.
    Audition Information: By Appointment Only
    Appointments are available between 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM. To schedule and appointment please call 407-397-6594.
    Requirements: Applicants must be at least 18 and authorized to work in the United States.

All technical equipment, music and videos will be provided by Disney.

This audition is based upon music knowledge, performance, technical skills and dynamic personality. Applicants should have at least five years of club/radio disc or video jockey experience as well as diverse music knowledge, a strong speaking voice and be able to interact with guests.
    95 DLRP
    96, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01 ASS
    98, 01 DLRP
    98 DLRP
    00 DLRP
    02 DLRP
    02 CBR & AKL
    03 DLRP
    03 CBR
    03 DLRP
    04 DLRP
    04 CBR
    05 May: PC, Jun: ASS & Sep: PC
    06 Jan: PC, Sep: PC
    07 May: PC, Sep: CBR
    08 Jan: ASMo, Sep: Pop
    09 Feb: OS, Sep: SS
    11 May: SS

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmmmm. Very interesting.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

I am not familiar wit the Adventurer's Club as I have only been to Pleasure Island once. Can anyone tell me what it is?

Post Thanks / Like

Pretty sure the AC will reopen as a D23 members only exclusive club.

Just kidding.
    It's fun to be free.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BriarR View Post
    Twice, apparently...

Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're NOT out to get you!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Venus0880 View Post
    I am not familiar wit the Adventurer's Club as I have only been to Pleasure Island once. Can anyone tell me what it is?
    It's a nightclub styled after some of the old British clubs for the liesured class who enjoyed hunting and adventuring around the world. Cast members play the role of various butlers, etc. that would have been found in such clubs and interact with guests.

There's a separate 'mask room' that has all types of African-style masks haning in it that occasionally come to life. There's also a separate comedy room where interactive shows are done at certain intervals.

There's a lot of other detail, but that's the gist of it.
    Former watcher of the original b&w Mouseketeers.

Honeymooned in WDW in '76. Devoted husband and WDW fanatic (in that order :-) ) since then.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: