Wow, i am so shocked to see how this thread has caused people to emote. I thought it was a very simple poll and this really does have a deep relation to everyone who has had even a slightly poor experience.

I only stayed deluxe once and the other two times we camped in a tent. Two extremes! I loved the tent camping but I hate the staff at Fort Wilderness. They have a 'you get what you pay for' attitude, and I told the cm on the phone that I feel this way all over WDW.

For example, when we ventured to GF for lunch and visited the grounds we were stopped by several people who worked there and were lovely with us, one cm even sat down, an elderly man, and had a great conversation with us during our lunch at the Gasparilla Grill. This steered us to their deluxe. BC gave us nothing but their undivided attention. We felt like we were the only people in that resort by the way the concierge and the front desk treated us.
I think by separating the value, moderate, and deluxe they have essentially created roman bath-houses. You have those who just want a bath and don't mind how they get it, those who would prefer not to bathe in such a large community, and those who can afford to bath in a more private setting. It isn't suppose to come off that way, however, there are politics involved. You are paying for a status, a location, a more private place to stay, less people around, less noise, and prettier place to rest. I was even told on the phone that you should get the same treatment, no matter where you stay on property, so I don't believe deluxe is selling deluxe treatment. Although, from what we have experienced, you are a much more important person to them on deluxe property than on value, even if you aren't staying there.
I think your disposition and your expectations play a small part in the responses from the staff but I WAS disappointed in the housekeeping. I felt we were paying well but we never saw one towel animal on concierge in 6 nights and only one of those nights did we have turndown service, a benefit that is listed as a paid for service in concierge. My kids were disappointed there were no animals, but concierge gave us everything we asked for and offered so much more. Maybe I am easy to please or not used to living on that side of the world. It takes us mths to pay off a trip that size but we are willing to do it because of location, the luxury of the resort, landscaping, and the pools. It never really occurred to me that I should consider whether or not I was satisfied by whether or not the maid did her job.

As for needing something, I would never rely on a maid to refer information to staff, such as something needing fixed or there not being enough towels. I would go straight to the concierge or to the front desk and ask for a manager. Not only are you not going to get it done, in almost any hotel or resort, but maids are given so many rooms to do in a certain amount of time I only expect my bed made and all the old towels taken and a few new ones put out.

Our maid, even though she didnt do the animals, she cleaned our room, folded the kids baby blankets, sorted shoes, filed things in categories of items, and placed things where they would be used, instead of where we left them; on the floor. That was more than I expected her to do in the small time frame she has to spend in just OUR room. I was exceeding the satisfactory mark. Disney is NOT perfect but I truly feel that it is closer to it than anywhere else. If you really have a bad problem and nothing is done about it, then you need to keep on them, and calling isn't really enough. Put it on paper and write it. Something about writing it down seals the issue and is harder to hide.

When we wrote in with our issues with fort wilderness, the cm gave me a good hour of her time, on the phone, to discuss my letter and allow me to re-iterate and we discussed each issue at a time. I felt as though I was getting somewhere and then when she followed up with free tickets and a free nights stay, I wasn't expecting a hand-out and it brought tears to my eyes. I was super thrilled that they even cared. This is MORE than ANY company has done for us in my LIFE, for being dissatisfied. So, anyways, to get off my soap box, we left BC satisfied, so I voted Satisfied.