Quantcast Increasing the magic factor offsite

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Increasing the magic factor offsite

Here's one for you creative minds...

My family is staying at a wonderful house rental this year instead of onsite. Although we are very excited about our choice (and really believe it makes the most sense for us) we are a little worried about the loss of the "magic" that you feel 24-7 at a Disney resort. So, we have decided that each of us has to bring something to the house to make it seem more magical/Disney feeling. We have 6 adults, 2 kids, 2 babies. Anyone have some creative ideas of what we could take? So far, I am thinking about taking all my Disney CDs because I love the constant soundtrack that Disney provides.
    July 2012 Western Caribbean Cruise on Fantasy!
    2011 Offsite
    2009 Offsite
    2007 POFQ
    2000 Poly
    1996 Offsite
    1992 CBR
    Many childhood trips Offsite

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Are you driving or flying? That might impact some of the items you can take.

I think the CDs are an excellent idea, and some Disney movies might be a good idea too if you'll have a DVD player.

Do you have any refillable mugs? You might take those to drink out of at the house so it's "like" you're on-site, and you can refer to the kitchen as the food court.

Then, once you're at Disney World, you could pick up a few snack items to take back to the house like a big bag of Mickey pretzels, and some Mickey rice krispie treats.
    Rhonda

Post Thanks / Like

CDs are such a good idea! Depending on the ages of the kids you could make some of your own hidden Mickey's to stash around the house.
    Michelle

Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.

Post Thanks / Like

How about some sovenier plush toys purchased in the parks? They can be placed on the kids beds!!
    Lisa
    Multiple visits over Multiple years
    30 plus stays at Disney's Polynesian resort

Post Thanks / Like

Default Great ideas

Those are all great ideas. We are driving so space is only somewhat of an issue (3 kids, one car...). I actually think perhaps I'll look from some plush toys at the Disney store before we go and take them as a surprise to have on their beds when we get there. Very cute. Thanks!
    July 2012 Western Caribbean Cruise on Fantasy!
    2011 Offsite
    2009 Offsite
    2007 POFQ
    2000 Poly
    1996 Offsite
    1992 CBR
    Many childhood trips Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mouseketeer mom View Post
    How about some sovenier plush toys purchased in the parks? They can be placed on the kids beds!!
    You could also make some towel animals for their beds, or by the pool. My son got a book a couple of years ago that shows how to make them.

We have rented a house in the past and it is very relaxing. Make sure you plan a day to just hang by the pool.

Enjoy!

Post Thanks / Like

Do you have any refillable mugs? You might take those to drink out of at the house so it's "like" you're on-site, and you can refer to the kitchen as the food court.
    I like that idea. That's cute and clever. I didn't think of that.

I did think of the towel idea, like someone else mentioned.

You could mail a surprise package to the house before your trip, so when you arrive the kids could open a package from Mickey, with disney treats, etc. inside.

Or send a welcome note written from Mickey to your kids to the house ahead of time and have the renter set it out for you.

If the the renter would be willing to put up some decorations or welcoming gifts for you, you could send them some things to put out. It all depends on how much you want to spend and deal with.
    June, 1990 - MK, Epcot -Off Site Hotel - Sang on stage & Marched in parade at MK
    Feb. '05 - DL, DCA - Off Site Hotel
    Feb. '07 - All Parks, DT - AKL
    May '08 - All Parks, DT - AKL & POP - 4 day Disney Cruise
    Jan. '13 DL, DCA, DT -Off Site Hotel
    Nov. '13 All Parks, DT - POP & Swan

Post Thanks / Like

I don't have any specific ideas but wanted to tell you that we have always stayed offsite (Give Kids the World and Sheraton Vistana) and we find plenty of magic It's all about what you bring to it
    Kelly

4/98 Offsite
    11/03 Make a Wish Trip
    8/05, 4/07, 4/08, 4/09, 4/11, 4/12, 4/13, 4.14
    Sheraton Vistana Resort
    11/07 Hilton Grand Vacations Sea World

Next Trip: 04/15 Sheraton Vistana

Give the Gift of Life; Be an Organ Donor!!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: