Quantcast Admission Discounts?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Admission Discounts?

Hey all ... hoping one of our DL vets can assist me with this ...

The family is going to be in DL for 2 days (on the tail end of a cruise that leaves from L.A.) and I was looking at admission prices ... OUCH!

Three two day hoppers (2 adult, 1 child) look like they're going to set us back over $400, which is just nuts.

First off, we definitely won't be visiting DCA ... is there any way to get a 2 day pass for only DL and save some cash?

If not, what are some good discounts we can use? We have pretty much everything you can think of ... Disney Visa, DVC membership, AMEX, AAA ... any of that help me at all?

Someone help save me some cash!
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Now WHY wouldn't you visit DCA?

I was trying to find discounts on 2 day tickets and there was nothing I could find at all. The only discounts are 3+ days -- good luck!

Single day, one park tickets for youth $59, adult $69 so all together $394 -- not cheap, but still fun.
    Michael aka: NotaGeek

INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast Staff
    WDW 1/6/16 - 1/11/16 - BRING ON THE COWBELLS!

Please s
    upport INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Yikes ... Hmmm, I'm almost thinking maybe we'll just chill on Saturday and wake up bright and early Sunday and just do DL all day.

That would save us a ton.
    Ian ºOº

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

DL is bringing back their 2-fer tickets. For the price of one park you get a 2 day ticket (not a hopper) to spend a day at DL and a day at DCA. Not sure if it's for CA residents only though??
    If you can dream it, you can do it! ~ Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fairestoneofall View Post
    DL is bringing back their 2-fer tickets. For the price of one park you get a 2 day ticket (not a hopper) to spend a day at DL and a day at DCA. Not sure if it's for CA residents only though??
    Yep, it's SoCal residents only on the 2-fer tickets.

Please s

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

That doesn't really help us anyway, since we're not planning to do DCA.

I think we've basically to just do one day in DL instead of two. We won't actually be getting to the park until probably around 1 or 2 on Saturday anyway, so we'd be spending like 200 bucks for only a few hours in the park.

I think we'll just chill Saturday afternoon and then get up super early and spend all day Sunday in DL. That should work.
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Honestly Ian, I wouldn't discount DCA if your plan was for 2 days and you can get a discount for the two parks. We spent a long and FABULOUS day at California Adventure with the boys (I think I even preferred it to Disneyland).
    Jennifer (aka Mickey'sGirl)
    INTERCOT Staff: Guests with Special Needs, Dining and Disney Characters

Last trip: March 2016 - Fantasy
    Next trip: Aug 2017 - Aulani

I am a Galactic Hero once more!

Post Thanks / Like

Ian, not sure if you know about this, or if it helps you at all, but thought I'd throw it out there:

You can trade in Hilton HHonors points for "FREE" Disneyland passes. It takes 60,000 points for an adult 2-Day Park Hopper and 55,000 points for a child 2-Day Park Hopper. 3-Day Park Hoppers are also available at a higher point level.

Oh, and for the record, I'd also have to agree with those who are appalled at the idea of skipping DCA. Especially on a Saturday. If I were you, I'd avoid DisneyLAND like the plague on a Saturday...ANY Saturday! DCA, though...heaven on a Saturday, and your kids are the perfect ages for a LOT of stuff there (Redwood Creek Challenge Trail, Bug's Land, Paradise Pier---jellyfish ride and Fireboat, Toy Story Mania, Playhouse Disney, Monster's Inc, Aladdin, Pixar Play Parade, etc).
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Default So Cal discounts

I heard when we went this summer that someone that doesn't live in S. Calif can use the So. Calif discounts if you know someone in S. Calif. I have a sister living there. We got our three day tix for four of us, and it was pricey, but could have saved $300 if we used the S. Calif deal with it. We didn't know my sister could have done that for us, and she didn't either, thinking it was only for those residents. This was told to us by an employee when we came through the gate and got questioned about how we got our tix. IT was then that told us we could have saved! I was like, oh sure, NOW you tell us. My boys are teens, but pay adult price now.
    Maybe check into that, before you get your tix. Check AAA for discounts too, if you have that.

Good luck!
    Vickie
    "Dead men tell no tales"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WiLdOrCa View Post
    I heard when we went this summer that someone that doesn't live in S. Calif can use the So. Calif discounts if you know someone in S. Calif. I have a sister living there. We got our three day tix for four of us, and it was pricey, but could have saved $300 if we used the S. Calif deal with it. We didn't know my sister could have done that for us, and she didn't either, thinking it was only for those residents. This was told to us by an employee when we came through the gate and got questioned about how we got our tix. IT was then that told us we could have saved! I was like, oh sure, NOW you tell us. My boys are teens, but pay adult price now.
    Maybe check into that, before you get your tix. Check AAA for discounts too, if you have that.

Good luck!
    Vickie
    Southern California residents can buy the tickets, it isn't necessarily the resident that has to use them. The problem Ian is finding is that he can't find a discount on 1 or 2 day tickets (which is all he needs), the discounts start with 3 day tickets, which are considerably more money than 1-2 day ...

Please s

Post Thanks / Like

IF you decide to do DCA
    and IF you have someone in southern CA purchase your tickets
    and IF you don't mind that the tickets aren't hoppers
    and IF your trip is before June 3rd
    you could use the 2fers.
    $200 for two adults and one child.
    Linda aka tinkwest
    INTERCOT Staff ~ Disneyland Resort

Come On Everybody - Here We Go!!

“To all who come to this happy place: Welcome. ...”

Support our INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

Ian, I'll buy you some 2Fer tickets and meet you at DLR with them if you want. I have no problem doing this. I've never seen them ask for I.D. at the gates for any type of passes, be it military, so. cal., etc.

I have purchased So. Cal 2fer tickets for family members before who weren't So. Cal residents who have used them and were not asked for i.d.

BUT, they are NOT hoppers...and they HAVE to be used one day in each park.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I don't want hoppers, so that would be perfect!!

Plus, it'd be cool to have the chance to meet you face-to-face, Nat.

Thanks so much for offering!
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Ian
    I dont know if you would take the time to do this, but when you arrive in So. Cal, stop by a Vons or Pavillions grocery store. They sell the
    2fr tickets there, and dont check ID. Before I got my AP, I always bought my tix there. Its no differnt than buying them at the gate.
    Good Luck and try to do DCA if you can. Its much more laid back then DL and we always have a nice time.
    Adina
    DVC Since 2007 - AKL, BLT, VGC
    WDW Feb 2010 -BLT
    Poly - Feb 2007
    All Star Sports - Aug 2005
    DL Prem AP Holder

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: