Quantcast American Idol Season 8 - Page 8

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

I loved Scott and Kristen. Felicia would be my third choice. I can't stand any of the other ones.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

My thoughts for this week. I think this group was much stronger overall than last week's. In fact, I felt bad that some of them wouldn't make it through, because I think there were like 5 or 6 that were good enough. I actually think there will be people who don't make it this week who are better than 1 or 2 of those that made it last week (*cough* *cough* ALEX *cough* *cough*) ...

Von Smith - Eh. He did actually remind me of Clay a bit ... and I don't like Clay.

Taylor Vaifanua - What a boring, boring song. I found myself thinking, "Why would anyone choose to listen to this song. The Alicia Keys version has got to be bad enough, let alone this mess."

Alex Wagner-Trugman – Uh ... okay. He definitely took the Joe Cocker thing too far. He is not Joe Cocker. Corny, kinda goofy ... the only thing is, I think he could have done much better if he had just sung because he doesn't have bad pipes.

Arianna Afsar – I didn't hate it as much as everyone else did, but the vocals just weren't there. And even though she claimed she "tried to make it contemporary" I actually thought she made it seem even older.

Ju’ Not Joyner – I actually liked what he did with this song quite a bit. But I actually knew exactly what Simon was saying when he said he wished he had stripped it all the way down. He went like 3/4 of the way to stripped down and stopped. This could have been great if he had hit the arrangement right, but instead it was just good. But probably not good enough.

Kristen McNamara – Mmmmm ... I wanted to like this, but I thought she overcomplicated it. She would have been better off to just come out and let it fly, because again I think she can sing. Not really a great song choice for her either. I mean does anyone look at her and think, "Tracy Chapman!"

Nathanial Marshall – Oh come on ... why is this idiot in the top 36??? There's nothing really to say at all except, "Buh bye!"

Felicia Barton – Okay ... I'm glad they brought her back. She was good (a couple rough spots, but good overall) and she looked terrific. A little older, though. I don't know, though, if she did quite enough to push her through to the next round. Unless people connect with her on a personal level because of the redemption factor.

On a side note, did anyone else look at her husband and think, "What is she doing with him???"

Scott MacIntyre – Okay, I know this guy was good but I just so totally hate this song. I couldn't get past that ... it's just a terrible, sappy, dorky song and I can't stand it. That being said, he'll sail through I suspect. And that's fine, because he's good. The song just stinks.

Kendall Beard – I would not be shocked to see her make it through. She looks good, did a passable job on Martina, and will capture basically all of the country vote.

Jorge Nunez – I actually thought he might have had the best pure vocal performance of the night in terms of hitting all the notes. That said, this is a dull song and I was bored. However, since he went close to the end he'll probably make it through.

Lil Rounds – I thought the praise from the judges was a bit much. They seem to have an odd bias towards her that I'm not sure is 100% warranted by her performance. I mean don't get me wrong, she's good and everything. I just don't see a single thing (outside of her interesting name) that sets her apart from any of the other soulful type singers that have been on the show in the past. Plus, I really, really have a hard time backing contestants when I don't like or get the song they sing and this song was putrid. Again, though, she should make it through to the next round with no problems. She's clearly a judges favorite.

I think the six best were Ju'Not, Felicia, Scott, Kendall, Jorge, and Lil.

I think the most likely three to make it through are probably Lil, Scott, and Jorge.

If I picked it would probably be Scott, Felicia, and Kendall.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    My thoughts for this week. I think this group was much stronger overall than last week's. I actually think there will be people who don't make it this week who are better than 1 or 2 of those that made it last week (*cough* *cough* ALEX *cough* *cough*) ... [I think the six best were Ju'Not, Felicia, Scott, Kendall, Jorge, and Lil.

I think the most likely three to make it through are probably Lil, Scott, and Jorge.

If I picked it would probably be Scott, Felicia, and Kendall.
    Are you kidding? I was thinking wow, how underwhelming. And Alex? Pipes? He sounded awful! Sweet kid, but so far out of his league. Ju'not massacred a lovely song.

I think Von was pretty good, didn't remind me of Clay. I'm glad he toned it down a bit, because I didn't like him until last night. I also liked Kendall. Loved Felicia. But Lil is outstanding compared to the rest of last night's crew. Very talented. I liked her, too. Going through? Definitely Lil, probably Scott (maybe Jorge, depends), and maybe Felicia (fingers crossed). But really, with one or two exceptions, last night was like watching a community talent show, mostly passable, occasionally cringeworthy, but not anything special.
    Last edited by SBETigg; 03-04-2009 at 08:18 AM. Reason: oops, wrong song creditation
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Default My thoughts...

Thanks for the folks who did the re-caps I always enjoy reading them, I'll do a mini one only on the people I feel were not boring

Von Smith - I think he was decent, probably not very good that he went first, might hurt him.

Nathanial Marshall – Awful. And I thought them talking to his grandmother in the housedress was sort of sad and condescending in a way.

Felicia Barton – She was decent, I think the guys were overall a little stronger than the girls tonight though. I tried to vote for her, couldn't get in at 10:02 but could by 10:04-doesn't look good.

Scott MacIntyre – I enjoy the song, as a song, but I dunno. He needs to play piano, him just singing sort of freaks me out a little bit. I mean it just does. Hard to watch but I'm sure he makes it though. Although once again, couldn't get through for him at 10:02 but could by 10:04 which sometimes isn't a good sign.

Jorge Nunez – Best vocal of the night but again he was odd to look at. He has a lazy eye and slightly reminds me of the blind guy when he sings. Vocals were very good though and I could not get through for the 5 mins I tried to vote before giving up.

Lil Rounds – Very good for what she is, which is like an R&B type, I don't think she is as good as Fantasia was at this point, but she should make it. She was the best girl of the night and I couldn't get through to vote for her.
    Janet, aka JanetMegan

Scrapbooking-There is a fine line between a mental illness and a hobby.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PirateLover View Post
    Who SHOULD advance: Scott MacIntyre, Lil Rounds, Felicia Barton.
    Who WILL advance: Scott MacIntyre, Lil Rounds, Jorge Nunez.

I think the producers aren't trying to hide anything about who they favor right now. Danny Gokey, Adam Lambert, Lil Rounds- all given the last spot, making it even more certain that they sail into the top 12.
    I was thinking the same thing about the last spot. It will be telling to see who they put last in the wild card round perhaps. I didn't find Jorge's performance to be that exciting or technically sound, but considering the rest of last night's bunch, he has a shot. I'm not sure Scott would be there if he wasn't so inspiring in his personal life. His vocal was pretty weak last night. I thought the women were better than the men last night.
    Sherri

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
    I thought the women were better than the men last night.
    That's funny cause I thought the exact opposite. I struggled to even remember any of the women other than Lil.
    Janet, aka JanetMegan

Scrapbooking-There is a fine line between a mental illness and a hobby.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure Scott would be there if he wasn't so inspiring in his personal life. His vocal was pretty weak last night.
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who was underwhelmed by Scott's voice last night.
    --- Brittany

Disneyland annual pass since 1994, but I've never been to Disney World

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Are you kidding? I was thinking wow, how underwhelming. And Alex? Pipes? He sounded awful! Sweet kid, but so far out of his league. Ju'not massacred a lovely song.
    Was that a Freudian slip, Sheri?? Because I agree that Alex is awful, but you said you loved him! And oh by the way, he went last week not this week.

Anyway, I give up. You and I obviously have very different taste in music so we'll probably never agree on anything about this show. I'd rather drive ice picks into my ears than listen to a David Archuletta album and you'd probably rather slam your head in a car door than listed to David Cook.

That's the beauty of music. There's something for everyone.
    Ian ºOº

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Alex was this week. I'm not sure what you mean. Alex Wagner-Trugman? I never said I loved him. He seems like a good guy, but he isn't a singer. You might have meant Adam?

I bet we would actually have some of the same songs on our iPod and then some very different ones. U2? Probably both of us. Duran Duran? Pretty sure that is just me. David Cook? Definitely not me, but I don't have Archuletta either. But with Idol, we clearly end up thinking differently. This season, who knows, there might be one we both agree on once it really kicks off.
    Sherri

Post Thanks / Like

Ian, you're definitely talking about Adam Lambert and confusing everyone in the process!
    And as far as Scott goes, I found him underwhelming Hollywood week, but I thought he was great last night. Weak choice of song though.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Ha ha ha! Okay yeah that was my bad, Sheri. I was the one who got them confused ... Alex vs. Adam.

Either way, they both pretty much stink.

I said Alex's pipes "weren't bad." My only point was, if he had just sung the song he would have been better. He still wouldn't have been even close to the top 3, though.
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by PirateLover View Post
    Ian, you're definitely talking about Adam Lambert and confusing everyone in the process!
    Oh shut up ... who asked you??!!
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

I said Alex's pipes "weren't bad." My only point was, if he had just sung the song he would have been better. He still wouldn't have been even close to the top 3, though.
    Well, okay! We're both on board with that one. I agree. Progress.
    Sherri

Post Thanks / Like

Oh shut up ... who asked you??!!
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

!!!
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Question

Who are the top 12, I just missed it by 5 mins and there isn't any news yet online. Anyone know the results?
    God Bless, Jacquelyn M. Sheely
    (AKA: Jac, or Jazz)

VFK: DisneyJazzGirl
    POTC Online: Horizon SeaCastle
    VMK: GiltterDisneyGirl

WDW: Christmas & New Years 1986-1998/2002-2007
    Summer 03, 05, & 08/March 07 % Jan 09
    "NEXT TRIP" WDW 2010?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GiltterDisneyGirl View Post
    Who are the top 12, I just missed it by 5 mins and there isn't any news yet online. Anyone know the results?
    Scott, Lil Rounds, and Jorge made it through.
    The 8 who have a shot at the wildcard tomorrow night are Anoop, Jesse Langseth, Megan Corkery, Ricky Braddy, Matt Giraud, Jasmine, Von Smith, and TATIANA. UGHHHHHH.

I would've picked other people over Tatiana, Von, and Jasmine definitely based solely on their semi-final stuff.
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come

Post Thanks / Like

I really hope Anoop and Ricky make it. Either Matt or Von can take the third spot.

Post Thanks / Like

I wish the judges had left Tatiana OUT of the wild card show. I really REALLY hope she doesn't make it to the top 12 or I'll have to I also really wanted to see Norman Gentle back up on stage because he was so funny!! It would have made the top 12 very interesting if he had gotten through.
    See You Real Soon!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lordy, Lordy

Tatiana

I have a sneaking suspicion that the producers stepped in on that choice--they thought a little added drama might help show ratings, perhaps??

My fantasy is that she'll get elbowed down the stairs at some point......
    1992...off site
    1996...Dixie Landings
    1997...off site
    2000...Dixie Landings
    2002...Wilderness Lodge
    2004...POR
    2004...POFQ
    2005...15th anniversary!
    2007...October trip with the DD's!
    2008.. October trip! Woooohoooo!!
    2010...April trip! DD's are marching in the MK!

War Eagle!

Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: