Quantcast The Wave

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: The Wave

Post Thanks / Like

Default The Wave

I've heard mixed reviews so far, we were thinking about either breakfast or lunch and I'm curious if they have a to go counter like the Kona Cafe does in case we want to grab a quick something on the way into MK.
    I'd be interesed in hearing some reviews, what you did and didn't like?
    We tend to eat pretty healthy and I like my food a bit on the bland side.
    come visit Sam's memorial site
    http://sam-wood.memory-of.com

Sponsor the Celebrating Sam Team and help us Light the Night again in 2007!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Natazu Guest

Hey Mel. It's good to see you posting. Hope you're doing well.

The restaurant is beautiful. I like the breakfast offerings, not so much lunch. It's pretty much sandwiches and salads, nothing special.
    Dinner is quite good, lots of creative things. Good crab cakes and awesome scallop lettuce wraps. The pot pie is really good and the lamb is as good as Citricos'.

Post Thanks / Like

If you like pretty bland food, and very dry wines....then you should be fine for dinner at the Wave.

We absolutely hated our meal there. I have to disagree about the crab cakes. They tasted like the cheap kind you would get at a diner or cheap restaurant. The ones I had were like pasteurized crab....no lump meat at all, and a lot of filler. They were pretty mushy, and had very little flavor. I've had better at Long John Silver's (seriously).

The steak my DH had was very bland....he disliked it greatly. My fish was also flavorless.....I disliked mine as well.

Wines are very dry....not my thing.

Hey, it's worth a try. We lost absolutely nothing on our meal (except the hour or so of our lives) since our concierge comped the meal for us back at the Flo. So, lesson learned....we will never go back.

Everyone has different tastes, so go for it. You never know! Getting a ressie is a piece of cake. We had our pick of times, and it was a weekend. It was like a ghost town in there when we dined at 6:30 pm.
    NEXT TRIP - DCL Fantasy Oct. 2016
    Yacht Club - Oct. '14, Dec. '15
    Poly - Dec. '07, '09
    Grand Flo - Too many times to keep track!
    CBR - May '10, Oct. '10, Dec. '11
    POR - Sept & Dec '03
    AoA - Oct. '12, Dec. '13
    Pop - May '11

lockedoutlogic Guest

99% of the time i leave a WDW restaurant....the first thought out of the door is what i would want to eat the next time i'm there....

The wave fell in the 1% outta this range....

nothing...nada...zip....

Nothing we had was bad....the crab cakes smelled like they had been sitting in Long John Silvers for about a week....but other than that...everything was ok...

Just ok...nothing to make me want to return.

If anything....it made me mourn Concourse Steakhouse more than i already was....which was considerable.

Post Thanks / Like

It's too bad that The Wave has started out badly. Hopefully it will improve, and quickly. Unfortunately, it's hard to bring someone back once you've disappointed them.
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedoutlogic View Post
    Nothing we had was bad....the crab cakes smelled like they had been sitting in Long John Silvers for about a week....but other than that...everything was ok...
    Well, that sounds a lot worse than "eh", sounds potentially deadly.

Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're NOT out to get you!

Post Thanks / Like

This is the one and only WDW restaurant we will NOT return to. It was just plain not good. Poor food quality, poor service, so unappealing. All five of us in our family agree on this, and we are not picky!
    Lisa
    Multiple visits over Multiple years
    30 plus stays at Disney's Polynesian resort

Post Thanks / Like

I can't agree- we went in September and loved it. I think think fondly about my sustainable fish entree. I really had a great meal. I hate that other peoples experiences haven't been as good.

2004-Allstar Movie
    2004-Allstar Movie
    2006-Allstar Movie- he proposed!!

2007-Allstar Movie
    2007- Allstar Music
    2008- September, December trip
    2009 June, Novemebr trip

"Outside of a dog a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's very tough to read"
    M Twain

Post Thanks / Like

We are thinking breakfast or maybe lunch....I doubt we would get crabcakes , we live in an area where crabcakes are good and plentiful, they are never as good anywhere in Florida as they are in our seafood restaurants in Maryland.
    I thought the menu sounded pretty good so hopefully I'm not too disappointed. I doubt we will have seafood....
    did anyone go there for breakfast?
    come visit Sam's memorial site
    http://sam-wood.memory-of.com

Sponsor the Celebrating Sam Team and help us Light the Night again in 2007!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: