Quantcast 09' Healthy Living Club - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    488.22 miles from Walt Dinsey World - Alabama
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by c&d View Post

Here's my question: under the old system you had to eat a minimum of 18 points, if you exercised during the day it was subtracted from your total and you needed to eat to get to your minimum. On the new system it just throws all my activity points into the bank. So I'm exercising about 5 points a day and eating 18, so really I'm only eating 13 points a day. I've poked around on the website and I can't find anything regarding eating your minimum and exercising. Should I be eating more?
    My instructor told us that if you exercised you added that amount of points back to that day. So if you are supposed to have 18 points and you exercise 5 points on Tuesday then you need to add those five points back to Tuesday. If you only eat 13 points then your body is going to think you're starving it and you'll start storing fat. I hope this makes sense.
    At least 14 trips before 1988
    Off-site - 3-92
    Off-site - 2-01
    ASM - 5-02, 7-03
    CBR - 11-05, 2-10
    Off-site - 2-06
    Pop - 6-06, 2-08
    Poly -12-07
    Cor. S. - 6-2010
    Cor.S. - 10-11

"A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes"

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    488.22 miles from Walt Dinsey World - Alabama
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IloveDisney71 View Post
    My instructor told us that if you exercised you added that amount of points back to that day. So if you are supposed to have 18 points and you exercise 5 points on Tuesday then you need to add those five points back to Tuesday. If you only eat 13 points then your body is going to think you're starving it and you'll start storing fat. I hope this makes sense.
    After I typed this I got to thinking that I was wrong. I pulled out my old books and one called Move More said you can add those points back or not. If you don't you'll be burning more calories than you consume and that's how you lose weight but you can opt to eat those extra points you earned by exercising. Sorry about the confusion!
    At least 14 trips before 1988
    Off-site - 3-92
    Off-site - 2-01
    ASM - 5-02, 7-03
    CBR - 11-05, 2-10
    Off-site - 2-06
    Pop - 6-06, 2-08
    Poly -12-07
    Cor. S. - 6-2010
    Cor.S. - 10-11

"A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes"

Post Thanks / Like

Default Amazing

Chris that is amazing about your weight loss!!

I'm doing ok, not as well as I would like, but not discouraged at all. I'm doing water aroebics 3x a week at my new gym and I LOVE it. I'm not sure if it's the best cardio you can get but it's much better than sitting home watching tv. I might be the only one under 60 there but it's fun and I look forward to going.
    Janet, aka JanetMegan

Scrapbooking-There is a fine line between a mental illness and a hobby.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IloveDisney71 View Post
    After I typed this I got to thinking that I was wrong. I pulled out my old books and one called Move More said you can add those points back or not. If you don't you'll be burning more calories than you consume and that's how you lose weight but you can opt to eat those extra points you earned by exercising. Sorry about the confusion!
    Thanks for the info. I just remembered on the old plan they were very insistent on eating your minimum points.
    74 Off Site
    98 Contemporary & DCL inaugural cruise
    99 Dixie Landings
    00 Dixie Landings
    01 POR & DCL
    02 AKL & DCL
    03 VB
    04 DL GC
    05 ASSp, VWL, GF
    06 POFQ, CSR, OKW
    07 ASMo & VWL
    08 Pop VWL
    09 BW, POR, VWL, CSR
    10 WL
    12 VWL, AKL Club
    13 VWL, WL Club

Post Thanks / Like

I'm in need of some helpful suggestions...

Besides wanting to get into better shape for the year, I also would like to lose some holiday/winter pounds before my trip to WDW next month

I've been watching what I eat since Christmas, but I know I need exercise to see results faster. My problem is that I don't have the extra money to join a gym or buy any exercise equipment (I do have hand weights and a pilates ring, however), and I live in Indiana so it's far too cold and icy to go for a jog outside right now. I do have a few workout DVDs, but I never seem to have the time or the energy to do them...

I'm willing to try about anything to get some cardio right now. Any suggestions?
    Kimberly a.k.a. Your Magical Guide
    Visited WDW:
    03/2018 - POFQ (Bldg. 2)
    05/2017 - POR (Oak Manor - Royal Guest Room)
    09/2011 - POR (Oak Manor)
    03/2009 - CBR (Martinique)
    03/2007 - Offsite
    03/2004 - Offsite
    03/2003 - Offsite
    03/1998 - Offsite
    10/1995 - Offsite
    07/1988 - Contemporary

Post Thanks / Like

Default Gym

I'm not sure how tight you are on your budget but check into gyms, mine is only $24 a month...
    Janet, aka JanetMegan

Post Thanks / Like

Punches, Jumping Jacks, Butt Kicks & Mountain Climbers are some good forms of cardio you can do. With the punches make sure you squat as low as you can.
    ~Beth~
    1st trip Nov. 24, 2006-ASmovies (4nights)
    Nov. 25, 2007-ASMovies (6 nights)
    Sept. 6, 2008-ASMovies (6 nights)
    Nov. 28, 2009 ASMovies (7nights)
    Nov 28, 2015 AOA (7 nights)
    December 10, 2016 AKL/Pop (7nights)
    Nov. 25, 2017 AsMusic (8 Nights)
    Next Trip March 4 AsSports (4 nights)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yourmagicalguide View Post

Besides wanting to get into better shape for the year, I also would like to lose some holiday/winter pounds before my trip to WDW next month

I've been watching what I eat since Christmas, but I know I need exercise to see results faster. My problem is that I don't have the extra money to join a gym or buy any exercise equipment (I do have hand weights and a pilates ring, however), and I live in Indiana so it's far too cold and icy to go for a jog outside right now. I do have a few workout DVDs, but I never seem to have the time or the energy to do them...

I'm willing to try about anything to get some cardio right now. Any suggestions?
    Jillian Michael's 30 day shred.

25 magical trips and counting...
    First Trip ¨¨*:•
    1986 Tampa
    Last Trip ¨¨*:•
    December 2013 Contemporary
    Next Trip ¨¨*:•
    Dec 2013 Boardwalk
    PROUD member of the Disney ParksMoms Panel!

*these postings are my own and do not reflect Disney's postions/opinions*

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyAggies View Post
    Jillian Michael's 30 day shred.
    That one is a work out. I have it. The very first time I did it I thought I was going to die.
    ~Beth~

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you, everyone, for all the great suggestions! Feel free to suggest more if you think of any. I think these should get me off to a fantastic start!

Just for fun, does anyone have Disney-related suggestions for those of us that like to walk to keep us motivated? Listening to Disney music on my iPod is fun, but has anyone tried setting a goal of walking the miles it would take to get from their home to WDW? Other ideas? Just curious...
    Visited WDW:
    03/2018 - POFQ (Bldg. 2)
    03/2007 - Offsite
    03/2004 - Offsite
    03/2003 - Offsite
    03/1998 - Offsite
    10/1995 - Offsite
    07/1988 - Contemporary

Post Thanks / Like

ok guys, I just spotted this thread and need to vent to someone who might understand. I am in such a rutt. I am completely depressed, I have somehow seemed to gain 26 pounds in two years. I was at the perfect weight two years ago and somehow I gained it all. Well almost all I was really big at one point...I am sooo depressed about it. I had DBF buy me a WiiFit for christmas which has really started getting me into the swing of things. And I went to DBF's apartment building gym on saturday. I just still feel so depressed. I know I wont get gauranteed results over night. I am just in such a rutt. I feel miserable. I feel unattractive. I feel unhealthy and I am just crying thinking about it. I just needed to vent. I know in the long run I will shed it....I am looking to shred it by my bday in April. Definitely by summer. I am just so down on myself right now. Thanks for listening to me vent.
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BCV/BWV=Jan. 24-Feb. 1 '14
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bethis26fan View Post
    [Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred] That one is a work out. I have it. The very first time I did it I thought I was going to die.
    After work, I swung by the store and got the DVD to try it out.

Let's just say about half-way through, I thought I was either going to up internal organs or go into cardiac arrest! I couldn't believe how intense it was! Strangely enough, however, once I had cooled off and had some water, I felt very energized and focused. Jillian apparently knows what she's doing

I'm soooooo sore today, but I'm going to keep at it for a week and see if it gets easier. I would really like to make it through the entire level without taking a break!

Thanks again for the recommendation!
    Visited WDW:
    03/2018 - POFQ (Bldg. 2)
    03/2007 - Offsite
    03/2004 - Offsite
    03/2003 - Offsite
    03/1998 - Offsite
    10/1995 - Offsite
    07/1988 - Contemporary

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hang in there

Hang in there Tink, don't get discouraged. I'm right there with you only for me it's more like 50 lbs in four years, which is a LOT. Try walking as much as you can and figuring out what your triggers are. What caused the weight gain? Unhealthy eating? Lack of exercise? Too much fast food? Once you can identify the problem you can start making goals about tackling it. I know for me it was the and too much rich cooking in my own kitchen! Once I knew that I could start doing something about it. I'm not doing perfect but at least I know what I need to do...hang in there!
    Janet, aka JanetMegan

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Janet. That helps. I started eating diet foods for lunch at work. Like the microwavable smart ones and healthy choices. I was eating a lot of "fast" foods due to work for a long time, actually almost everyday for a good year. That was most of the weight gain. So MAYBE once a week I will cheat and go have a sandwich on lunch. But lately its been lean cuisines or left overs. And not only the fast foods for lunch it didnt help I wasnt exercising AT ALL. So I have started walking or running on the treadmill at the gym at my DBF's house. And now I have the wiifit. So its just a matter of time now I guess. Waiting to see if it works. Thanks Janet. Thumbs up to both of us trying to loose our weight and hopefully a year from now we will be having a conversation about how we cant believe we did it. Good luck Janet and thank you again for the words of encouragement.
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BCV/BWV=Jan. 24-Feb. 1 '14
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

Post Thanks / Like

If you liked Jillian's dvd and/or her in general she also has a radio show she does on KFI AM on sundays. They also have months of her podcast you can listen to. It's packed full of advice on healthy living.
    ~Beth~

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerbellT421 View Post
    ok guys, I just spotted this thread and need to vent to someone who might understand. I am in such a rutt. I am completely depressed, I have somehow seemed to gain 26 pounds in two years. I was at the perfect weight two years ago and somehow I gained it all. Well almost all I was really big at one point...I am sooo depressed about it. I had DBF buy me a WiiFit for christmas which has really started getting me into the swing of things. And I went to DBF's apartment building gym on saturday. I just still feel so depressed. I know I wont get gauranteed results over night. I am just in such a rutt. I feel miserable. I feel unattractive. I feel unhealthy and I am just crying thinking about it. I just needed to vent. I know in the long run I will shed it....I am looking to shred it by my bday in April. Definitely by summer. I am just so down on myself right now. Thanks for listening to me vent.
    Dear Tink
    Don't get discouraged! Rome was not built in a day. I didn't get into the (bad) shape I was in overnight (it took 30 years) and I am not going to get back into my Speedo overnight. I was disgusted by the Before pictures I took about five weeks ago. I used to be a lifeguard! What happened to me? Life, that's what.

I have made the commitment. Five weeks into the program, my pants are falling off. I was always active and still ride my bike the 20 km to and from work in the good weather. It just wasn't enough for me. That, plus my diet stunk.

Take small steps. Don't get down on yourself. Stay positive. Remember to change your workout routine regularly so you don't get bored and have your progress plateau.

And don't use fad diets. They don't work for long. Many people who use fad diets end up gaining the weight back when the diet ends. Check the sodium content on those pre-packaged lunches and dinners. Make certain they really are healthy and good for you.

You know what diet means, don't you? It's DIE with Tea.

Eat sensibly. Take small steps. Rejoice in the small victories. Just don't celebrate with Krispy Kremes.

Oh. Don't step on the scales everyday. Your weight fluctuates everyday and even during the day and if you see it go up, that in itself can be depressing. I haven't been on a scale since the day I started my program and won't get back on now for another six or seven weeks. I don't care about the number. I care about how I feel inside my skin. Right now, I feel pretty good!

You will do it. I have faith in you.
    Officially too many trips to list here!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yourmagicalguide View Post

I use the Leslie Sansone in home walking.

Lynn

Post Thanks / Like

Can I join in?

I've lurked for quite awhile now.

A little about myself. As of yesterday morning, I am 32.4 pounds above my Weight Watchers Lifetime Weight. The gain was due to a variety of reasons, but let's just leave it (for now) as I have addressed the cause of my unhappiness and am really focused on getting back to a healthy place.

Since January 2008, I have lost 16 lbs and am working my way back to being where I want to be.

Today, I crossed a big line - I bought two pairs of pants in a size smaller than what I have been wearing and didn't even have to "inhale deeply" when I zipped them up. I have plenty of pairs of the next size down in the dark side of my closet so I decided that two pairs (with a couple of my old size) will do me until I am ready to step down again.

I am definitely excited to get to know other WDW fans who are also on a journey to better health.

I will try to post frequently!

I am truly working the WW program (rather than kind of working the program and kind of getting results) and have lost 8 lbs since returning from my third half marathon (second at WDW!) a month ago!

For the person who asked - I often use the Walk Away the Pounds DVDs when our weather (Chicago area) isn't good for outside walking.
    Have a Magical Day!

Post Thanks / Like

I am starting over again today. I had done really well before Chrismtas. Then I've kind of just fell off the wagon. So today I'm getting back on that wagon. The past is the past today is a new day and on I go.

I just wanted to kind of post it here as at point to keep myself accountable. I'll post next week to see how things go.
    ~Beth~

Post Thanks / Like

I was doing great following the biggest loser online club until our trip at the end of january where i let go and had all my disney favorites,i am back with the program and have almost lost all my trip weight.
    i just have to find the time to fit in my exercise daily,i can get in a good workout only 2-3 times weekly.
    "this is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good."

stitchaholic
    off site-1980
    ASM-2008
    POP-JAN 26,2009

CSR-JAN,2009
    WLV-jan 2010
    next visit dec 2010 AKL

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: