Quantcast 09' Healthy Living Club

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 09' Healthy Living Club

Share your diet (healthy living) - excercise - lifestyle questions, concerns, tips and experiences here!

Good Luck, Everyone!

¨¨*:•

"Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Fantasy!"

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

i have been doing the biggest loser club since july,it is a great online program! if you have any questions about it,just ask...

i am looking to buy a treadmill and would love some feedback on models of treadmills that are a good quality for a low(or somewhat low price),something that i will be able to run on.
    "this is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good."

stitchaholic
    off site-1980
    ASM-2008
    POP-JAN 26,2009

CSR-JAN,2009
    WLV-jan 2010
    next visit dec 2010 AKL

Post Thanks / Like

We own a Precor treadmill. I would not call it inexpensive by any means, but it can certainly take a run.
    Carrie

CBR: 2/21-2/25/17
    POR: 6/4-6/11/16
    POFQ: 11/15-11/19/15
    8/28-9/1/14 -DL-Dumbo 19.3 C2C
    POR: 1/7-1/14/14 -Dopey 48.6
    POR: 6/11-6/17/13
    ASMu: 1/11-1/15/13 -1st Full 26.2
    ASMu: 9/22-9/28/11
    ASMu: 6/7-6/13/11
    Pop: 1/30-2/6/10
    Pop: 2/1-2/7/09
    Pop: 1/08
    ASMu: 05/06
    Off-site: 12/93

Post Thanks / Like

Default Treadmill

I have one that I use (not as often as I should) I think the key for me was finding the widest one possible. Mine was fairly inexpensive (as far as they go, I paid about $450) I need to get back on it ASAP

I'm actually trying to get kick started back into fitness for the new year. (Starting Monday-who can start this type of thing mid-week right?) I'm signed up for some more classes at my county for a kickboxing workout and a body scuplt workout.
    Janet, aka JanetMegan

Scrapbooking-There is a fine line between a mental illness and a hobby.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

OK, I know that most of you think I'm crazy (if you haven't figured that out already), but I had a good day yesterday with my eating.
    Oh, big deal you say! Well for me it is. I've put on half of the 70 pounds I lost in the past couple of years on Weight Watchers and have spent the past 6 months daily saying, "Today I'm going to eat properly" and by the end of the day I hadn't.
    One day at a time! (Gee, that would be a catchy title for a TV show.) And maybe that will add up to a week and then a month and maybe even become a way of living for the rest of my life.
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI
    First trip to WDW - Dec, 2005
    Last visit to Disneyland - 2014

First trip to Disneyland - 1955

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JanetMegan View Post
    I'm actually trying to get kick started back into fitness for the new year. (Starting Monday-who can start this type of thing mid-week right?)
    OK, girl, I will be starting up with you. I had been doing so well and then the holidays...I am desparately trying to get re-motivated. So Monday it is!

Also, "TheDuckRocks" - keep up the good work and congratulations on your successes yesterday. "Successes" because every meal, snack, taste - was you making the better choice.

I sadly have been blowing off my food choices lately (she types as she sips on a Coke...)

I am glad you are all here and I am encouraged by everyone's fight for fitness!
    Carrie

Post Thanks / Like

Default Holidays

I know what you mean, I was doing so well in the Fall with diet, cutting back on and boot camp and then between Thanksgiving and Christmas it was a complete gluttonous mess! So starting Monday it's back on track (as she walks out the door to meet friends at Pizza Hut Buffet!)
    Janet, aka JanetMegan

Scrapbooking-There is a fine line between a mental illness and a hobby.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JanetMegan View Post
    (as she walks out the door to meet friends at Pizza Hut Buffet!)
    LOL! So I'm not the only one...

K- I guess "We're All in This Together"

...that should be a song in a musical or something...
    Carrie

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck to everyone in the new year with their goals.

I've joined a Zumba and BodyCombat class. Both are quite enjoyable, so I'm hoping to keep with them.
    Also cute and fluffy!!!!!
    Blue punch-buggy, no punch back!

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Guess who just came home with the Dancing with the Stars exercise DVD, I told my hubby, "This should be fun to watch". Some how I don't think that's the idea.
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI
    First trip to WDW - Dec, 2005
    Last visit to Disneyland - 2014

First trip to Disneyland - 1955

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stitchaholic View Post
    i am looking to buy a treadmill and would love some feedback on models of treadmills that are a good quality for a low(or somewhat low price),something that i will be able to run on.
    We have a Fitline that we got a couple of years ago. I'd have to check my logs, but I think I have put better than 1250 miles on it, and DW has put 250 or so on it. If you do a google search for treadmill doctor, you can find a lot of helpful reviews - among them, a warning that Fitlines are horribly overpriced, but if you can get them for 50% of MSRP, they're not bad. And yes, we got ours on sale, so we weren't disappointed. For some reason, however, it has developed a permanent 2% incline, which makes running on it much harder.

If anyone has any questions about running, feel free to ask me, BTW.

Post Thanks / Like

I was doing well till we went to disney then I kind of fell off. I gained 8 of the 17 lbs I had lost back. I changed my weigh in date to a tuesday. It's biggest loser day & I'm hoping that will help keep me going. My first small goal is to lose 12 lbs. We also got an elliptical machine, wow I didn't expect it to be so much harder. I could go 30 mins easy on the treadmill. That Elliptical I could only do 5. I'm just going to add time each day. So here we go.
    ~Beth~
    1st trip Nov. 24, 2006-ASmovies (4nights)
    Nov. 25, 2007-ASMovies (6 nights)
    Sept. 6, 2008-ASMovies (6 nights)
    Nov. 28, 2009 ASMovies (7nights)
    Nov 28, 2015 AOA (7 nights)
    December 10, 2016 AKL/Pop (7nights)
    Nov. 25, 2017 AsMusic (8 Nights)
    Next Trip March 4 AsSports (4 nights)

Post Thanks / Like

i am on my way to a healtheir lifestyle here for 09. after my husband lost his job last year and we had to put our dream vacation to disney on hold i fell off the diet. but now it is a new year, my husband found a new job and we are starting to talk about vacation again. i am not a big eater but i like to snack all day long. so i am working on eating better and start walking again.
    jen

Post Thanks / Like

I have 2 tips that have helped me.

Finally, I have found a breakfast that satisfies me until lunch.

I cook 1 serving of regular (not instant) oatmeal in the microwave - it takes 4 minutes.
    I put 5 or 6 frozen blueberries in a bowl, put the oatmeal on top and some ground cinnamon, then put a little soy milk.

The other tip is some seasonings that really add a lot of flavor to food. McCormick Grinders. They were on sale at the grocery a few months ago- half-price- so I tryed a few of them. The peppercorn medley, garlic pepper, and cinnamon grinder are the ones I have tryed.

I am having problems finding interesting things to eat for dinner. I have to take it with me 4 days a week and eat out of a cooler. There is a microwave available. I am really tired of salads and don't enjoy them as much in the winter.

Any good on-the-go dinner suggestions?
    We'll Go On....Off To Neverland

Wishes!

It's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow....Where Dreams Really Do Come True

Never Forget It was All Started By A Mouse....TTFN

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Katzateer View Post
    Any good on-the-go dinner suggestions?

Soups! I'm a college senior with an apartment and no meal plan so learning how to cook healthy meals that fit in around study groups and classes hasn't been easy. The biggest time saver for me has been to spend sunday making two or three kinds of soups and freezing them in individual portions. Light soups like homemmade chicken and vegetable, mexican chicken, french onion (minus the cheese) and chinese mushroom soups all freeze fantastically and are warm and filling on cold winter days. Plus by freezing they last up to three months and you just pull it out and throw it in the microwave for a yummy homemade meal. If you have some extra time low fat dinner rolls, a handful of brown rice or a small serving of pasta make them even more filling.
    "One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation, right at the start of everything thats new, one little spark lights up for you!"

ºoº

Mom to our little Prince Everett and Princess Adelaide
    August 2020 Caribbean Beach!
    Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm happy & I have to share this. I made it 20 mins on the elliptical machine today. When I first started I thought I was going to die after only 5 mins.
    ~Beth~

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, I'm so excited I have to share. I weight myself today and I've lost 12 lbs. since November. WOO HOO! I haven't weighed myself since I started because I was worried about dissappointing myself, but I finally got brave enough today. Anyway sorry, I just needed to share!

Keep up the good work everyone!
    Also cute and fluffy!!!!!
    Blue punch-buggy, no punch back!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pastcastmemberdaughter View Post
    Ok, I'm so excited I have to share. I weight myself today and I've lost 12 lbs. since November. WOO HOO! I haven't weighed myself since I started because I was worried about dissappointing myself, but I finally got brave enough today. Anyway sorry, I just needed to share!

Keep up the good work everyone!
    way to go!!!!
    ~Beth~

Post Thanks / Like

I think I need to join, haha. I put on a lot of weight last year during my third year of med school. Being in the hospital all the time is not really conducive to healthy food choices, and it's hard to get the energy to exercise when I finally do go home. I started making better food choices and exercising in September and have lost 42 pounds since then. I want to lose 15 to 20 more to be at my college weight.
    --- Brittany

Disneyland annual pass since 1994, but I've never been to Disney World

488.22 miles from Walt Dinsey World - Alabama
    Post Thanks / Like

I lost 28 pounds on Weight Watchers and kept it off for 10 months and then gained 5 pounds since Thanksgiving. I told my family that next year someone else was taking over the family Christmas baking so I don't have it in my house! Anyway, I am going back to counting my points. I bought my fruit, oatmeal, slim-fast, and other "healthy" foods and started my healthy diet again today. Wish me luck! I'd love to lose this 5 pounds plus another 5!
    At least 14 trips before 1988
    Off-site - 3-92
    Off-site - 2-01
    ASM - 5-02, 7-03
    CBR - 11-05, 2-10
    Off-site - 2-06
    Pop - 6-06, 2-08
    Poly -12-07
    Cor. S. - 6-2010
    Cor.S. - 10-11

"A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes"

Share This Thread On Social Media: