Quantcast The 2009 MOMS & MOMS-to-Be Club - Page 4

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Dumbo Buddy- I turned 28 on September 29th, so our birthdays are pretty close.

Lacy- I am excited to hear about your trip to DL! You will have to post lots of pics on facebook.

Susan- I am so sorry to hear about Sam. I hope she is feeling better soon.

Melissa- How exciting about Maddie's first tooth!

Myers is 12 weeks old today! I can't believe how fast time is flying. He is now smiling up a storm and laughs a lot too. He is too stinking cute!

Kristin
    Momma to two sweet boys: Myers and Jacob
    36 trips and counting!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Default im pretty sure im pregnant..

im new to this thread!!
    im sure most of yoe have seen me around the boards..but this is my first time ever writing in here..little history..im 26..got married in Sept 2008...live in NJ..thinking about moving to NC..
    well i took a pregnancy test this morning and it said 'pregnant'...so scared!!!
    excited also..but this is all so new and just overwelhming at the moment..
    i called my doctor..she said they usually dont see anyone until you miss 2 periods..so i have an appointment for april 27..since that will roughly be around 8 weeks..
    like i said..im scared..nervous..excited..its just weird..lol..i guess you can say we were planning it..but not really..it was a ill get off birth control and let mother nature take its course..well that only took like a month and a half!!! ahhh..
    anyways..my obgyn..said for now to buy an otc prenatal vitamin..until i see her to get prescribed ones..can anyone suggest a certain brand? thanx..
    ill update again when i finally get to the doctors..
    *bRiTTaNy*
    35 trips to WDW already...
    May 2012 - Daughters first trip - one bedroom Villa at Wilderness Lodge
    Sept 2012 - Pirate room at CBR
    Dec 2014 - SSR -second daughters first trip and my older daughters 5th Birthday!!

Post Thanks / Like

Brittany,

Welcome to the group! Congratulations! When I took my first test with my ODD, I just about fell over, since we had sort of been trying for over a year. I was in this state of shell shockness until I saw the ultrasound. Then, it became real. Best of luck to you!
    Melissa

Disneyland - too many times to count
    Poly 2007
    3 day Cruise Wonder 2007
    4 day Cruise Wonder 2000-2001 (New Years Cruise) Honeymoon
    Beach Club 2000 Honeymoon
    Poly 98
    3 day Cruise Magic 98
    Tokyo Disneyland 1994

Post Thanks / Like

Brittany- Congrats....I know there are so many emotions that you go through when you see that positve test. I was excited, nervous, scared, and giddy all at once!

As far as a OTC prenantal vitamin goes, I just went to Walmart and got one when we first started trying. I think all OTC prenatal vitamins are pretty much equal. The main thing is you want the Folic Acid.

Kristin
    36 trips and counting!

Post Thanks / Like

Hey everyone!! I haven't posted here in awhile but I wanted to say 'hi' and give a baby update! I'm currently in my 37th week of pregnancy and the doc said he could make an appearance any time after this weekend!!!! I'm excited and nervous at the same time because we haven't finished getting ready for him yet. I still have to wash his clothes, pack both of our bags for the hospital and do a few other things before he's born. I remember having a huge burst of energy the day before my first DD came but it's been the complete opposite with little DS-to-be. I have been SO tired throughout this entire pregnancy and I have little to no energy right now. I've been trying to eat well, rest and take all my vitamins but nothing seems to be helping my energy level. I didn't have a 2 1/2 year old last time, so I'm thinking that maybe that has something to do with it. Anyway, I'm hoping that things will move along quickly because I am SO READY to get this baby out!! LOL I know a newborn is hard work but at least when he's here I won't have a 30+lb stomach to deal with.

Anyway, thanks for letting me vent!!
    See You Real Soon!

Post Thanks / Like

mjaclyn ~ Good luck with these last few weeks and I hope the baby comes soon! I can just imagine how much work it is to get ready with a 2.5 year old.

Brittany ~ Congrats! And I completely understand all the emotions but it really is amazing!!! My doc just told me to get the cheapest prenatals for my whole pregnancy. She said they are all fine and it isn't necessary to pay more for special ones.

Elias is moving around a lot and we think he'll be crawling in the next week or so!!
    "Jammin' in the jungle to the rhythm of one!"

Proud mom of Elias - born Sept 2008!

WDW College Program Alum-Fall 2001

I runDisney - 2010 DL Half, 2012 Coast to Coast DL Half and Wine & Dine, 2014 Tinker Bell Half, 2014 Avengers Half, 2015 Pixie Dust Challenge, 2015 Dumbo Double Dare

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry I haven't been around much lately, but here is our update.

Our newest Princess arrived on April 6th! Her name is Hallie Katherine and she weighed in at 8 lbs. 5 oz and is 20 inches long!
    Heather

YC-7/99,00,8/07
    BC-8/01
    Poly-8/02,03,7/05

POR-12/03,9/11
    WL-7/04
    POFQ-12/04,8/06
    Pop-10/05,5/07,12/08,8/09,1/11,3/13
    CBR-11/07,09,10/11,5/12
    ASMo-1/09
    ASSp-1/10,8/12

Offsite-8/08,5/09
    ASMu-8/10,11/10
    CSR-8/10
    AoA-12/12, 9/13

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations Heather!
    Next Visit: Fall 2013

Now approaching the Carousel of Progress

We have 999 happy haunts here, but there's room for a thousand. Any volunteers?? If you should decide to join us, final arrangements, may be made at the end of the tour.

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats Heather!! I love the name.
    "Jammin' in the jungle to the rhythm of one!"

Proud mom of Elias - born Sept 2008!

WDW College Program Alum-Fall 2001

I runDisney - 2010 DL Half, 2012 Coast to Coast DL Half and Wine & Dine, 2014 Tinker Bell Half, 2014 Avengers Half, 2015 Pixie Dust Challenge, 2015 Dumbo Double Dare

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats Heather!

Mjaclyn, I hope we hear some good news soon!

Diznee, Congrats! It only took us two "tries" also. We were ready but not expecting it that soon! I take it this is your first?

I took Sammie for her 6 month check-up yesterday. She weighs a whopping 13lbs 2 oz! The pediatrician wants her to have no empty calories until she starts putting on weight; meaning only milk to drink, and only baby food to eat. I guess that will fix my problem with the grandparents wanting to give her junk! She's so petite!
    But she's flying through milestones, too! She's been sitting unsupported for a month now, and is creeping backwards. She "crawls" one "step" at a time. (She's still trying to figure those knees out). And she pulled up for the first time Sunday, just to her knees, but still really cool to watch. She peaked up at me as if to say, "Hey Mommy, I made it!" She was so proud of herself! The doctor was amazed at how independent and mobile she already is. Now if we could just get some weight on her!
    Susan °o°

You cheated.
    Pirate.

8/98 CBR; 10/00 ASM; 11/01 POR; 7/07 POR; 10/09 ASM; 10/10 Pop; 6/12 ASM; 12/13 ASM; 6/14 FWC; 7/15 FWC; 12/16 2 weeks at FWC!

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations Heather!
    Melissa

Poly 2007
    3 day Cruise Wonder 2007
    Poly 98
    3 day Cruise Magic 98
    Tokyo Disneyland 1994

Post Thanks / Like

*Peeks head in to say hi to everyone*

I'm being catiously optimistic. I went to the dx yesterday and the test was positive. They are giving me a blood test to be sure. We so did not plan this, but we are thrilled if it is!

Anna
    June 2006-Disneymoon POR/DCL Wonder
    Sept/Oct-Las Vegas/D-land CCI
    June 2009 Eureka Springs/Branson
    Dec. 2009- Pop Century
    June 2010-Pop Century
    Oct. 2010-CBR/DCL
    Jan. 5-10 ASMU solo
    Oct 24-Nov. 1 AoA/Pop

Tubes are clear....no surgery needed

Disney fanatic, travel writer, foodie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IloveJack View Post
    Diznee, Congrats! It only took us two "tries" also. We were ready but not expecting it that soon! I take it this is your first?
    yup this is our first!!..i still cant believe we are having a baby..it seems so unreal..it happened sooner than we thought..we really didnt think it would happen this fast..but we are so excited..i think my hubby is actually more excited than i am!! lol...only 10 more days to go until i go to the doctors!! i have soooo many questions for her..

congrats kennywife!!!!
    *bRiTTaNy*
    35 trips to WDW already...
    May 2012 - Daughters first trip - one bedroom Villa at Wilderness Lodge
    Sept 2012 - Pirate room at CBR
    Dec 2014 - SSR -second daughters first trip and my older daughters 5th Birthday!!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the new mommies to be!

We have 999 happy haunts here, but there's room for a thousand. Any volunteers?? If you should decide to join us, final arrangements, may be made at the end of the tour.

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations Anna!

Susan, I'm sorry to hear that Sam's having weight issues. That's my fear when I take Maddie to the doctor in a couple of weeks for her 6th month check up. I don't think she is much bigger than Sam.

So, Maddie is almost 6 months and she is rolling over. She doesn't sit up yet unsupported nor does she laugh without being tickled. I'm just a little concerned. Abby, my oldest, flew through milestones and was walking by 9 months. I guess I'll see what her doctor says.
    Melissa

Poly 2007
    3 day Cruise Wonder 2007
    Poly 98
    3 day Cruise Magic 98
    Tokyo Disneyland 1994

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats to all the new moms to be on the board! In those early weeks it is so hard to believe you are pregnant. It felt so surreal to me until I started to feel Myers move at about 17 weeks

Susan and Melissa- I am so glad to hear that I am not the only one with a little peanut. Myers is now about 12 pounds at 15 weeks which is just about 10th percentile, and everyone keeps telling me about how their babies were 16 pounds or some crazy number at 3 months! He is holding his head up great and is always happy-smiling, laughing, and cooing. He tries to stand up when I hold him up.

He doesn't like tummy time though, so we probably don't do it quite as much as we should. He rolled over twice from tummy to back early on, but hasn't done it again because now he just cries through tummy time. He gets frustrated b/c he can't see anything! I try to show him how he can push up and see things by lifting him up, but he just gets mad.

I started back to work on Monday. The week went really smoothly. Myers did great at school, and I was able to peek in a visit a few times. He's so laid back and sweet that everyone at school is quickly falling in love with him! This is a crazy busy time for me at school so the next five weeks should fly by and then it will be summer!

Lacy- Your trip is just around the corner! Are you excited? Wait that was a dumb question, of course you are! Have you broken the news to your sis yet?

Kristin
    36 trips and counting!

Post Thanks / Like

I'll know for sure tommorrow. I'm preparing myself that it might be a false positive. I hope not. I would be so happy for it to be true!

I'm showing all the signs: nausea, constipation, tiredness, and moodiness. Plus no period at all. Other than that, I feel fine.

Anna
    June 2006-Disneymoon POR/DCL Wonder
    Sept/Oct-Las Vegas/D-land CCI
    June 2009 Eureka Springs/Branson
    Dec. 2009- Pop Century
    June 2010-Pop Century
    Oct. 2010-CBR/DCL
    Jan. 5-10 ASMU solo
    Oct 24-Nov. 1 AoA/Pop

Tubes are clear....no surgery needed

Disney fanatic, travel writer, foodie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by meldan98 View Post

So, Maddie is almost 6 months and she is rolling over. She doesn't sit up yet unsupported nor does she laugh without being tickled. I'm just a little concerned. Abby, my oldest, flew through milestones and was walking by 9 months. I guess I'll see what her doctor says.
    Melissa I had some of the same concerns with gavin. My doctor was very reassuring and explained that sometimes your younger child is so busy taking it all in that you become alarmed with your babies development. Emme was just like Abby flying through everything, but gavin like to just take it all in. Before we knew it he was off and excelling at everything. Hope all is well at your next appointment. Please keep us posted

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats to all these new mommies-to-be! I'll tell ya, I registered for lots of online "preggers" communities, but this was my fave, and the only one where I found friends that lasted beyond the 9 months. Obviously, I still love the MTB board on I'cot!

Quote Originally Posted by meldan98 View Post
    Melissa - When I told the nurse that Sam was sitting unsupported already, she didn't believe me. And when the doctor saw her doing it she said. "You're way too young to be doing that!" So I would say not to worry about Maddie still needing support in sitting. When's her appt.?

Quote Originally Posted by Georgesgirl1 View Post
    He doesn't like tummy time though, so we probably don't do it quite as much as we should. He rolled over twice from tummy to back early on, but hasn't done it again because now he just cries through tummy time. He gets frustrated b/c he can't see anything! I try to show him how he can push up and see things by lifting him up, but he just gets mad.
    Kristin - Sammie hated tummy time until 4 months. We tried to force it, but I eventually got tired of making her cry. Then, all of a sudden at 4 months, she started lifting her head, rolled over at 4.5 months, and now loves to be on her tummy. Crazy kid! But give him a little while. Soon enough, he'll hate to be on his back.
    Susan °o°

You cheated.
    Pirate.

8/98 CBR; 10/00 ASM; 11/01 POR; 7/07 POR; 10/09 ASM; 10/10 Pop; 6/12 ASM; 12/13 ASM; 6/14 FWC; 7/15 FWC; 12/16 2 weeks at FWC!

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you ladies for the support. I'm sure I'm it's nothing. Her appointment is on the 29th, so I'll see what her dr. says. Her dr. is fabulous and is also Abby's dr. so she knows what Abby was like.

Maddie also hated tummy time. My dh would make her stay on her tummy for a few minutes at at time and would gradually just increase her time on her tummy. For example, he would put her on her tummy for 3 minutes 3 times a day, then the next day, bumped it to 5 minutes. Now, she's rolling all over the place. She still does her dolphin pose, (arms back, head and feet up, on her tummy) and gets really upset sometimes.
    Melissa

Poly 2007
    3 day Cruise Wonder 2007
    Poly 98
    3 day Cruise Magic 98
    Tokyo Disneyland 1994

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: