Quantcast New Parade at MK?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default New Parade at MK?

Sorry if I'm behind in this (or if this is old news...) but as we were watching the Xmas parade they mentioned that the MK would be getting a new parade in 2009. Looked like a parade simliar to the Block Party Bash set up. Can anyone confirm this?

Kathy
    Many trips from childhood to 2008, WDW/DLP
    8/09: Ultimate Adventurer Trip, WL Concierge/AKL
    6/10: POFQ
    12/10: Mousefan Reunion (Pop)
    8/11, 7/12: AKL Concierge
    10/12: ICOT 15th solo trip (Pop)
    4/13: Pop
    7/13: Hilton Bonnet Creek
    7/14: 3 nights at BLT
    12/14: US, IOA, and WDW

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes. There are a couple of new parades coming to the MK (the current day parade is leaving). One is coming Jan 23, and the other will be there sometime in Feb.
    Cruises:
    Feb 12-16, 2012 (Dream), Oct 20-27, 2012 (Fantasy Eastern), Sept 8-12, 2013 (Dream) Jan 20-24, 2014 (Magic) Sept 14-18, 2015 (Dream) Sept 25-29, 2017 (Dream) Sept 22-29, 2018 (Fantasy Eastern) Sept 23-27, 2019 (Dream)

CaptainJessicaSparrow Guest

They are preparing for Celebrate Dreams Come True starting this week. Move it! Shake it! Celebrate it! is starting sometime this month I believe.

lockedoutlogic Guest

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainJessicaSparrow View Post
    They are preparing for Celebrate Dreams Come True starting this week. Move it! Shake it! Celebrate it! is starting sometime this month I believe.
    oh joy....more fluff

any news on when they will add something of substance?

my guess is 2013....in animal kingdom

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone know what each of the parades will be in April for all of the parks? Is there a spot here on Intercot to find that info?

Post Thanks / Like

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by TikiGoddess
    Looked like a parade simliar to the Block Party Bash set up. Can anyone confirm this?
    New info was just released for this parade. See this recent press release.

Quote Originally Posted by WDWFanatic
    Does anyone know what each of the parades will be in April for all of the parks? Is there a spot here on Intercot to find that info?
    Parade schedules can be found in the Current Events as soon as they are released by the Walt Disney World Resort. The latest parade schedule for April still lists Disney Dreams Come True parade, however; it has been separately announced that Celebrate Dreams Come True will be the daily afternoon parade by this time and Move it! Shake it! Celebrate it! will be running three times daily by this time as well.
    Figment! aka Jason ºoº
    INTERCOT STAFF
    News, Rumours & Imagineering
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

~We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things~

Post Thanks / Like

Any info on the Celebrate Dreams Come True parade? Are they just tweaking the Dreams Come True parade or will it be all new?

Kathy
    Many trips from childhood to 2008, WDW/DLP
    8/09: Ultimate Adventurer Trip, WL Concierge/AKL
    6/10: POFQ
    12/10: Mousefan Reunion (Pop)
    8/11, 7/12: AKL Concierge
    10/12: ICOT 15th solo trip (Pop)
    4/13: Pop
    7/13: Hilton Bonnet Creek
    7/14: 3 nights at BLT
    12/14: US, IOA, and WDW

Post Thanks / Like

I will be looking forward to a new parade. Can't wait to see if I can swing a trip down.
    POR 04/2018
    CB - 01/2018
    Contemporary - 12/2017
    Poly - 06/2017
    GF - 08/2009
    BW - 07/2008
    Contemporary - 11/2007
    Poly - 02/2007
    POR - 12/2004
    Contemporary - 12/2003
    Dixie Landing - 12/2002, 12/2001 8/2000
    Contemporary - 12/1999
    Dixie Landing - 5/1998, 5/1997

Post Thanks / Like

I look forward to new parades also. I consider them far from "fluff" and always enjoy seeing different ones than from previous trips.
    Scott
    2 visits as a child
    6/97, 6/01, 6/04: All-Star Sports
    12/05, 6/08: Pop Century
    May-June/10: Animal Kingdom Lodge
    5/11: All-Star Sports 1 night Epcot Flower & Garden
    May 2013 POFQ (25th anniversary!)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TikiGoddess View Post
    Any info on the Celebrate Dreams Come True parade? Are they just tweaking the Dreams Come True parade or will it be all new?

Kathy
    From what I've heard, it will be all new (don't know about the floats, but new music and characters anyway).
    Cruises:
    Feb 12-16, 2012 (Dream), Oct 20-27, 2012 (Fantasy Eastern), Sept 8-12, 2013 (Dream) Jan 20-24, 2014 (Magic) Sept 14-18, 2015 (Dream) Sept 25-29, 2017 (Dream) Sept 22-29, 2018 (Fantasy Eastern) Sept 23-27, 2019 (Dream)

Post Thanks / Like

“Move It, Shake It, Celebrate It! Street Party” (Magic Kingdom) – It’s party time beginning in mid-February when a cast of Disney characters, stilt walkers and other performers processes down Main Street, U.S.A. toward Cinderella Castle to high-energy tunes such as “Breakout” and “I Like To Move It.” Five floats decked out as gift-wrapped packages are part of the procession, and near the castle, Mad Hatter, Genie, Lumiere and Sebastian – the life and light of the party – pop out of four huge boxes. They join about a dozen other Disney characters headed by Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse to mix and mingle and dance in the street with Magic Kingdom guests during a 12-15-minute party scheduled to take place three times daily.
    This is suppose to similar to the Family Fun Day Parade but on a slightly larger scale.

As for the Celebrate Dreams Come True Parade this could be the reworking of Parade of Dreams from Disneyland that was rumoured to come to the Magic Kingdom and has stopped running at Disneyland. I know they did the work on the bridge to accomadate this parade so I am assuming it is still coming.
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

Jeff can you tell me that the new MK parade will be nothing like the "parade" at HS. Our family hates it and would pay if the brought the other one back.
    Thanks
    2008 @ VWL Turkey Day 8 day Adventure
    2008 Oct. @ BCV can we not get rained out of MNSSHP?????
    2008 Easter @ BCV & AKV 8 Days of Joy!
    2007 Nov. DVC going home to VWL & MVMCP gotta do it twice!
    2007 Sept. DVC going home to BCV & 1st MNSSHP boo!
    2006 DEC. POLY MKV. Concierge & MVMCP

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joanna71985 View Post
    From what I've heard, it will be all new (don't know about the floats, but new music and characters anyway).
    I've heard the opposite. That Walt at the drawing board won't be leading off the parade, and a few other small changes are being made but mostly it will remain as is with a different name.
    Too many trips to keep track of now! Vacation WDW twice a year so any questions ask freely ☺️

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CaptSmee View Post
    I've heard the opposite. That Walt at the drawing board won't be leading off the parade, and a few other small changes are being made but mostly it will remain as is with a different name.
    I guess to old saying is true..."The more things change the more they stay the same." .

I'll be looking forward to seeing any of the new parades in April, or at least enjoying shorter lines while they are running.

lockedoutlogic Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Nascfan View Post
    I look forward to new parades also. I consider them far from "fluff" and always enjoy seeing different ones than from previous trips.
    you have to take my sarcasm with a grain of salt.....

I think the parades and fireworks shows are great as much as the next cat....

but since it takes WDW 3 or 4 years to build and implement a major ride system or attraction.....then no construction (as is the case now)....is an incredibly bad sign for anything big coming down the pike

CaptainJessicaSparrow Guest

Celebrate Dreams Come True - Same Floats as DDCT. Different music, less floor components but more characters on floats. Essentially, it's the same thing. I'm curious to see the preview. But I would have preferred POD.

The bridge was fixed not because of the possibility of POD, but because it was unsafe. It's made of wood and wood doesn't really like constant water.

MSC (My abbreviation for Move it!) - Combination of FFD and BPB. Lots of floor movers and characters. From what I've heard, there aren't really any floats for it. Just a small parade event on MS.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lockedoutlogic View Post
    you have to take my sarcasm with a grain of salt.....

I think the parades and fireworks shows are great as much as the next cat....

but since it takes WDW 3 or 4 years to build and implement a major ride system or attraction.....then no construction (as is the case now)....is an incredibly bad sign for anything big coming down the pike
    Ok, I see your point now. It will be awhile for the next "E ticket" attraction based on that. Thanks for the clarification.
    It was neat to see Expedition Everest go up as it was under construction during two of our visits.
    Scott
    2 visits as a child
    6/97, 6/01, 6/04: All-Star Sports
    12/05, 6/08: Pop Century
    May-June/10: Animal Kingdom Lodge
    5/11: All-Star Sports 1 night Epcot Flower & Garden
    May 2013 POFQ (25th anniversary!)

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: