I'm sure most of you would probably hate me for posting this, but since this is a discussion board, and I would really like to discuss this topic of Disney fans and their opinion on the "competition" as most of you put it.

A couple questions I'd like hear from you guys before I start really getting into this subject:

Have you ever visited a non-Disney park before, such as Universal, Sea World, Busch Gardens, etc?
If yes, did you have fun?
If no, why didn't you have fun? (and I'm sorry, but "because it wasn't Disney" isn't an answer.)

What I'd really like to know is why is it that a big majority of Disney fans won't bother giving other parks a chance, and for the few that do, they go expecting Disney or keep thinking of Disney, and ultimately end up having a lousy time because they were wishing they were at Disney. I'm sorry, but there are more things to life than just Disney, and even though Disney is a fun place to visit, it doesn't mean it's the only place to have a great time.

Before you start bashing me or my crazy idea of "give the other guys a chance" hear me out. I do enjoy Disney as much as any of you, AND I also enjoy visiting Universal and the rest just as much too. I love having fun everywhere, and I think if you guys understand this concept of having fun anywhere you go, that you'll really enjoy all parks a lot better, including Disney. I'm just tired of hearing all the pointless ranting and complaining about this and that, and most of them are really about nothing in particular, just them missing Mickey, or wondering why Mickey allows long lines for the churro stand. Ok, I'm done ranting now.

Please secure all personal belongings, fasten your seatbelts, persons with head, neck, back problems, pregnant, suffer from motion sickness or sensativity to strobes and special effects are advised not to post. Hang on tight, because this is gonna be interesting!

Let this discussion begin!