Quantcast Tell me how awesome POFQ is!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tell me how awesome POFQ is!

So the plan is we will be heading to the world for MY bday in 2009 My family absolutely LOVES the WL but we are getting bigger and decided to go with connecting rooms at a moderate. After looking through, I decided on POFQ. Please tell me what to look for, the pool, the lounge for DH, any cool kid activities...gimme all the good stuff

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, there is jazz played some nights there. I don't know if it's every night, but they do play jazz, which is nice after a long day. In truth, there were other places I liked more, but that doesn't mean you won't have lots of fun and find lots of things to do. Things I did like about it was the all-out design. The fountain with the frogs water spouts was kinda neat. Sorry, I don't remember the pool.
    Where are we going, and why are we in this handbasket?

WDW stays
    1998 Old Key West
    2003 Animal Kingdom Lodge
    2005 Port Orleans FQ
    2007 Coronado Springs
    2009 Contemporary

Post Thanks / Like

I just loved POFQ. I tried to get in there again for our upcoming trip but it was booked with the Jan-June special offer.

The pool is fun, it's a bit smaller than other resort pools but the dragon slide is lots of fun for little kids (or for um....cough cough... adults). The streetlights at night are great, so are the street names.

Don't forget to eat the beignets (spelling) these fried dough-y things.

I am not sure how big your family is but I would hightly recommend a carriage ride from POR to POFQ. I did this as a surprise on our last night, we ate at the table service restaurant in Riverside and then took the carriage ride back. It was soo lovely and sweet.
    "People can be only divided into good or bad; their race, religion, nationality don't matter." Irena Krzyzanowska

Post Thanks / Like

After we got a room that didn't have someone elses stuff in it, it was very nice.

We were in building two and it was close to the food court and buses. And we never had any problem with noise. It's a very nice resort.

Post Thanks / Like

We went there on our mother daughter trip this past november....I loved it. Its very qauint and cozy. Smaller than those other noisy resorts. I would go back again...
    Trips to wdw......TOO many to count. Next trip...nov.9th-15th 2008. port orleans french quarter... first time there...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pofq

The boat ride to Downtown Disney is great. The scenery is lovely and it's very relaxing.

Great pool and my feet love the hot tub at the end of the day.

POFQ has a very quiet, intimate feel to me, one of the reasons I love it.

Since it's a small resort there's just one bus stop. I really enjoyed chatting to fellow guests from all over the world.

Enjoy!
    Lisaj13
    Disneyland - Four times
    Disney World - Three times

Post Thanks / Like

Oh yeah the boat to downtown disney is great!
    "People can be only divided into good or bad; their race, religion, nationality don't matter." Irena Krzyzanowska

Post Thanks / Like

IMHO, don't bother with a "water-view," as the room layout doesn't really allow you to take it in.

The gardens are really nice for exploring, especially at night when they're lit.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not".

Dr. Seuss - The Lorax

Post Thanks / Like

Ditto on the water view rooms. First of all they are further away, not that the resort is that big but something to think about.

I stayed in BLDG 4 facing the garden which I loved. If i went back I would request rooms 6 or 5 facing the big green square.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh! yea! the boat to downtown disney is great. Juat make sure you wear shoes and socks. I wore flip flops and my feet got eaten alive. The ride is real nice. You can see the new treehouses they are building..
    Trips to wdw......TOO many to count. Next trip...nov.9th-15th 2008. port orleans french quarter... first time there...

Post Thanks / Like

Forgot to mention something else. I was in the farthest building from the front desk (why do I always get the farthest building??). It was a long walk, but I got a rather nice view of Illuminations from the end of my building (outdoor corridors). ^_^ One night, the boom of one particular firework set off a car alarm in the hotel parking lot.
    Where are we going, and why are we in this handbasket?

WDW stays
    1998 Old Key West
    2003 Animal Kingdom Lodge
    2005 Port Orleans FQ
    2007 Coronado Springs
    2009 Contemporary

Post Thanks / Like

Default Loved It!!

We were there January of this year and we are going back Feb 09. It is an amazing place to stay. My favorite part was the ferry that took us from our hotel to DTD. The food court has very yummy food. The arcade was very nice too. Didn't get to see the pool though,but I hear it is amazing. Loved it, hard to stay some place else!!!
    January 2010 POFQ!!!!! First time with a baby!!!

Post Thanks / Like

POFQ was our favorite resort. I say 'was' because we have been DVC members for awhile now and we haven't stayed there since. We usually stop by POFQ on most trips.

The property is beautiful, the rooms are comfortable, the size of the resort is perfect for us, and we always enjoyed the entertainment(read:lounge). There used to be a very talented performer there. He played the steel drums, piano, and sang.

We've stayed at the Villas @ WL. I thought it was terrific but I still prefer POFQ.

Finally..., there are the beignets.

Post Thanks / Like

Beignets and boat to DTD!
    1974 Off Site
    1975 Off Site
    1985 Off Site
    1989 Off site
    1994 Off Site
    2000 Dixie Landings
    Mar 2007 POR
    Mar 2008 POR
    Nov 2008 CSR