December 9, 2008

I get up around 7:30 to some vibrations of the ship and see that we’re in the process of docking at Castaway Cay! I head up to BBB for some breakfast with a view, when the Captain announces that the docking was aborted due to currents and winds working against us. They try again at 9:15, but was thwarted again, so this became our day at sea in hopes of more favorable weather tomorrow. It was a beautiful day, I went to see Bolt in the Walt Disney theater (that they moved due to the sea day). After that, I go to Treasure Ketch and pick up a gift for my sister to be signed by Jim Shore (I was shocked to find he was on board). After having some lunch from Pluto’s Dog House, I sit and relax in the quiet cove area to some live music (they were good!)

I then go to the galley tour, which was very interesting, and then rested in my stateroom until the Jim Shore signing, which I couldn’t help but purchase another piece for myself and got it signed. I’m glad I’m going to Pop Century after this, cause I don’t know how I’d get them home afterward. I go back to my room again to rest, and then I saw Jeff Civilico in the Walt Disney theater.

Got my picture with Chip and Dale, Pirate Mickey, and Pirate Goofy (happened across him in shutters), and headed for Diversions, where I met my tablemates and played a round of Wii bowling before dinner. They helped me get a picture of me by the Ariel statue in the atrium before going in for the pirate dinner. Some good food later, and then I headed up to the party. Met Duck_Addict up on deck 10, and the party was a blast! Fireworks at sea were also very cool. I was pooped at this time, so I head to my room for a good night’s sleep and to prep for Castaway Cay.