Quantcast ParadIce, Day Six

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default ParadIce, Day Six

DAY 6, Dec 11th: “And the rain rain rain came down down down…” It’s our last day we awoke to rather nasty weather. We checked how late we could check out and were told 1pm and were also told we could utilize the Courtesy Suite as well. So it was off to breakfast and then up to our room to try and ride out the rain.

By 1 pm it had partially cleared up, but was still windy. We checked our luggage with the bellhop and headed out to explore the Eastern Shore of Oahu.

We hit many spectacular view points along the way – beaches, canyons, mountains, blow holes and some truly MAGNIFICENT sights! We made stops at Kahala Beach Park, Maunalua Bay, Koko Head, Hanauma Bay, the
    Halona Blow Hole (absolutely FANTASTIC!), Sandy Beach Park, Makapuu Point from where we could look out and see Manana (Rabbit Island), we saw as we drove along Mount Olomana (apparently the highest point on Oahu) and ended up at Kailua Bay.
    We cut back through the Koolau Mountain Range and the Pali Pass and Pali Tunnels & Lookout Point back to Ko Olina and got lost in Honolulu traffic once again. Once back at the Ilihani Resort we used the Courtesy Suite to rest and freshen up before heading to the airport.

Continental told us we would be flying with Northwest so we go to check in and are told “flights have been canceled due to maintenance issues”…. Aargh!!!! Don’t know if that had anything to do with the storm that flooded, closed roads and knocked out power to 15,000 homes on the island, but then again, travelling with Christy is always a gamble! So we got bumped to United which meant we had to clear the FDA station again and from there on through everything got better. But of course, there had to be one more shopping stop in the Honolulu Airport!

John enjoyed the open air atmosphere of the Honolulu Airport whereas Christy was a bit freaked out since her travels generally have her in such highly secure airports. We left Honolulu at 10 pm Island Time and by 5 am PST we were in San Francisco, a very strange airport to say the least. 3 hours later we took off for Houston and spent some time in the President’s Lounge since we had a 3 hour layover there. Finally, it was time to head for home… Surprise news when we got home; All was well and the cats hadn’t taken down any of the 4 Christmas tree’s inside the house! Ah, how nice to come home to any kitty catastrophe’s after our time spent in Paradise!

http://s194.photobucket.com/albums/z...emanvx/HAWAII/
    AKA: FlyingIceman - Ice Rocker
    DLR every Summer from '67 - '76
    WDW Feb. '02

DLR Oct. '02

WDW Jan. '04
    WDW Christmas '04 (ASMusic)
    WDW Christmas '06 (Pop Century)

DLR Oct. '07 (Paradise Pier)

WDW Sept. '08 (ASMovies & PO French Quarter)
    Next Trip? Christmas '10

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Great report Ice and Lady Ice!

It sounds like you had a great trip! The tattoo is awesome by the way!
    Chris

Recent Trips

January 09
    May 08
    Oct-Nov 07

May 07

Post Thanks / Like

We LOVE the pictures!! I want to see Hawaii so much. Thanks for sharing a wonderful trip with us.

That was an amazing tatoo BTW Ice!
    First Trip - January 2003

DVC
    Kidani Village - AKL
    Bay Lake Tower
    Riviera Resort

VMK - QueenThump & BrerFan

Post Thanks / Like

I was a bit "trepidacious" at first about doing the tattoo...
    Back in '82 I had a lightning bolt put on my upper left arm. For years I've had the urge to do "something" to it, and had a temporary tattoo painted on it at the Aloha Stadium Swap Meet. After it started to fade and crack (guess it didn't like being pummeled about in the ocean) I started considering a real one - as fate had, we passed by the North Shore Tattoo -
    The guy spent about 2 hours doing 3 sketches for me to pick from, and I chose what I now have. It's a PANEL; not an armband. Polynesian tattoos favored storytelling in panels... I forget where he said the practice of armbands came from.
    AKA: FlyingIceman - Ice Rocker
    DLR every Summer from '67 - '76
    WDW Feb. '02

DLR Oct. '02

WDW Jan. '04
    WDW Christmas '04 (ASMusic)
    WDW Christmas '06 (Pop Century)

DLR Oct. '07 (Paradise Pier)

WDW Sept. '08 (ASMovies & PO French Quarter)
    Next Trip? Christmas '10

Post Thanks / Like

Wow!

Looks like you guys did have a lot of fun. You both deserved it!

Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful pictures! Glad to know that you had fun, Hawaii is awesome
    Inferno. RIP VMK.
    -Happiest Place On Earth

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so happy you had such a wonderful time! Sorry your travel agent went awol on you Your pictures are just gorgeous and I LOVE the new tattoo!
    Last visit to Disneyland : Oct/07
    WDW: Sept/06!!

Dreaming of the next trip...

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: