Quantcast Need honest opinions of Disney Quest - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

My brother (He was 16 at the time), cousin (He was 12 at the time), grandpa, dad, and uncle all went and couldn't find anything interesting. My cousin is obsessed with video games and everyone thought it would be fun for the boys to have their day at DQ while the girls shop. Within an hour, they were ready to go and never wanted to go back. Definitely not worth it.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Telford, United Kingdom.......4,236 miles.
    Post Thanks / Like

The 12 year old and 9 year old are IMO the right age to enjoy it properly, whereas a lot of it ma go over the 4 year old's head. We've been to DQ twice, once in October 2004 (my brother was 16, I was 15 and my sister was 11) and once in Spring 2001 (13,11,7), I don't think it was there when we went in 1998 (10,8,4). We gave it an evening after one of the water parks if i remember right. That isn't enough time to do everything there, however we got through the attractions that we had been aiming to do.

Obviously as it has been 4 years since my last WDW visit it has probably changed from what I remember. 'Cyberspace Mountain' where you design and ride your own rollercoaster is always popular, with a lot of options for customising the ride to the intensity that you want for it; with 3 speed settings (easy does it, lightning speed, hold on for your life) and then a scare rating out of 5. Me and my brother went for as much as we could with our ride 'Racing Chariot' **** while my Dad and sister managed to score a higher rating with their 'Screaming Chariot' *****. My mum meanwhile opted for a gentler approach with Jolley Trolley *.

My personal favourite was an interactive pirate ride (the name escapes me at the moment.....in my defence it's 3am here) where your party acts as a crew of a virtual pirate ship, launching cannon balls at enemy pirates to claim as much treasure as you can. We happened to be quite good at this from what I remember. We were less good at the jungle cruise ride but it was still a good laugh and a lot of fun to explore. For those looking for nostalgia there is an area with all the classic arcade games. For me these turned out to be a new experience though having missed the 70s and all but the last 2 months of the 80s.

A ride which may include the little one a bit more is Buzz Lightyear's Aeroblaster. The ride is usually in twos so the youngest could team up with mum or dad and take on the other two. I think it is possible to operate them on your own so the other parent could ride solo. In this the different crews shoot 'asteroids' at the others, causing their machines to spin around.

Ride the Comics is another good game, this is a virtual reality game for a team wearingvirtual reality comics to do battle villains with their laser sword. After starting this ride you quickly forget how stupid the people before you looked when they were playing. There are other rides worth noting but I've rambled on for long enough now, I may be back.

This place is worth visiting, however you can get most of it done in under a day. It may not be worth giving this a whole day unless you're there for quite a while (ie:more than 2 weeks) or your kids really like video games or for whatever reason you can't get to where you'd planned to go as there is other things you will want to fit in. However my view is that it offers something different and is well worth a few hours or maybe half a day. Other will no doubt disagree, some will say it needs a full day, others perhaps didn't really enjoy it. It depends on what you're looking to do, how long you're there for and how much these sort of rides appeal to you.

Hope you have a good time at WDW.
    Disney World Visits:
    1. May-June 1998 (3 weeks)
    2. May-June 2001 (3 weeks)
    3. October-November 2004 (2 weeks)
    4. August-September 2010 (2 weeks)
    5. August-September 2017 (2 weeks)

NOW APPROACHING: 6. May 2021

Post Thanks / Like

Do you have to pay to play the games, or since you have to pay to get in all the games are set on free play?

Post Thanks / Like

I have my own arcade at home, it's great. No quarters, no lines, no admission, etc.

We went to DQ around whenit first opened, and while it's a great idea, it really doesn't translate well. Maybe on a rainy day, but then I assume it's PACKED on those days.

I wouldn't bother going, you're not missing anything. If you want some classic games, do a search on MAME.

Post Thanks / Like

Our kids and their spouses - age 20's - love it. DW and I (50's) aren't fond of it. Too many other things to do.
    6/88 Off-site (Yogi Bear)
    6/91 Off-site (Yogi Bear)
    6/94 FW
    7/00 ASM
    7/01 BC & Disney Magic
    7/04 CBR
    Xmas 04 CBR
    Xmas 06 SSR
    6/08 POFQ
    10/08 POFQ
    7/11 POFQ
    10/11 POP & POR
    7/14 POR
    7/15 POR
    11/17 POR
    9/2020 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Default opinions on quest

We went last year to it. My children were 14, 12 boys. This year my youngest wants to go there on his birthday. We stayed from 1-9pm

Personal I did not like it much except the vertral things. I do not get into games . My husband loved it.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought that it was lame but that's just me. I really don't enjoy video games.
    “I don't want the public to see the world they live in while they're in the Park (Disneyland). I want to feel they're in another world.” Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

We visited DQ during our August trip. We went first thing in the morning and had to wait about 20 minutes to get in. The process is slow due to the fact that they make you ride the elevator up.

If anyone in your party LOVES video games, they should be happy. We did not play any of the video games, but stuck to the unique attractions.

The Space Mountain Create Your Own Roller Coaster Ride-was very cool. We did it first thing with no wait and then did it again right away with about a 5 minute wait.

The Jungle Boat ride--very fun! You do get sprayed with mist.

The best had to be the Pirate 3 D game. Very cool and fun.

The bumper car--fun as well, you get to shoot balls at other riders causing them to spin.

You can visit for awhile, head to the park and then head back later at night. We did that, especially after it starting getting busier.

Would we do it again? Probably not. Again if you have people that loves video games, they will most likely enjoy it.
    August 2009- Port Orleans French Quarter for 7 Magical days!

August 2008- Port Orleans French Quarter for 7 fantastic days!

May 1996 (Memorial Day Weekend) Only 1 day, but visited all 3 parks!

One of the world's biggest Donald Duck fans!

Post Thanks / Like

We have gone a few times and while my teen son still enjoys it very much, for the rest of us each trip back has been a little less exciting...so, I'd say do it once, but once might be enough. By the way, if you go check out the burger time machines...the high scores are likely still mine.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

Post Thanks / Like

Default Need honest opinions of Disney Quest

We have been to WDW approx 20 times and have gone to disney quest 3 times. I guess it depends on your kids - if they like video games they would love it! DD loved the pirate ride the most and DS loved the jungle dinosaur ride. I thought it was really nice and could be done in 1/2 day for us but once I had seen it once I did not care to go back to it again. I have a nephew who lives in FL and he loves it but he is really into video games.

If you have never been to it before then I would definitely say do it!

Post Thanks / Like

My family (husband, brother, me, and two preschoolers) is a bunch of video gaming geeks, and we didn't really enjoy it much.

We expected more in the way of gaming technology and innovation than DisneyQuest offers. It's Disney and we expected to be amazed. The general review was that the games were okay, but nothing great.

May 2002 WDW
    February 6- 11, 2006 WDW
    September 23-27, 2006 WDW
    September 1-September 9, 2007 WDW
    August 29 - September 6, 2009 WDW
    February 4, 2012 - February 12, 2012 WDW

Post Thanks / Like

I don't do games but we are going with a few families (we are going after dinner) and maybe an afternoon.
    If I go is there a place to sit and relax and eat something to eat while they run around or am I with them all the time???

Post Thanks / Like

My husband (24), brother (32), SIL (23), and myself (21) went to DQ back in June of '06.

I really really built this place up. I had wanted to go since I was a kid and saw the advertisement on TV. It didn't live up to my expectations. Everything had a ridiculous wait and I only ended up doing maybe 2 things there the whole time. It was a "free for all" for kids basically so it was pretty loud and chaotic.

If you're TAKING kids then the experience will probably be worth your while. I will advise that you go in the morning versus after hours when people are done with the parks and head to DQ. It's just too nuts and you won't get to do as much.
    -Stacey

"There is a natural hootchy-kootchy motion to a goldfish.”

"To all who come to this happy place, welcome." -Walter Elias Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RockinRollerMom View Post
    I'm glad we tried DQ once, but I don't see us going back to it anytime in the near future.
    Same here. We took the grandkids and they had an OK time. A lot of the stuff was broken, and it was mostly pre-teen and teenage boys in the place.

I would be reluctant to spend the extra money on DQ unless they seriously upgrade their games.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wire0monkey View Post
    My family (husband, brother, me, and two preschoolers) is a bunch of video gaming geeks, and we didn't really enjoy it much.

We expected more in the way of gaming technology and innovation than DisneyQuest offers. It's Disney and we expected to be amazed. The general review was that the games were okay, but nothing great.
    My kids, particularly my son, are very into video games, and they had the same reaction as you. I really don't think you can take it as a given that someone who loves video games is going to love DisneyQuest. It seems that quite a few actually don't.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

DisneyQuest was somewhat of a disappoitment for our family. We are all "gamers", and excited by what we read about DQ prior to our
    '08 trip. However, the reality is, DQ is mostly a collection of arcade games, with any of the "good" titles being hogged by other patrons.

"Ride the Comix" was the pits. The helmets stank of sweat, and we all got nauseous from it. The Jungle Cruise was lame, and while the Buzz Lightyear bumper cars were fun, the arena is WAY too small, resulting in sometimes spending your entire, short ride stuck behind other drivers. The Pirate Battle was the most fum we had there.

My DS's were 15 and 11 at the time, the "perfect age" , and neither one had a very good time.

We would not go back.

First visit 1984 "Love At First Sight!"

Returns to the Mansion:

2003-Offsite
    2004-POP Century
    2005-POP Century
    2006-POP Century
    2007-POP Century
    2008-POP Century

AND...Demember 2009! POP Century!

Post Thanks / Like

We went last May my kids were 6 and 3 well one month shy of 4. My 4 year old was 40" at this point. I mention that because I think some of the rides we did you had to be 40" to ride. They loved Jungle Cruise and POTC as others had mentioned but that's about all we really could do. Even the regular arcade games where challenging for a 4 year old. We really enjoyed our time there but my DH and myself agreed we needed to wait until everyone was tall enough to ride.
    Yacht Club May 2015
    AoA Holiday 2013
    Pop Century May 2012, July 2011, May 2008, and May 2006
    All Star Music Sept 2007
    All Star Movies May 2006
    Many Trips as a Child Contemporary, Polynesian, Grand Floridian, Swan, Dolphin, and Board Walk

Post Thanks / Like

Overall, we were disappointed in DQ. Everything seemed old & pretty low tech. I wouldn't say it's worth the price of admission.
    June 2009 CSR!!!!
    October 2007 Boardwalk Villas
    October 2004 CBR
    October 1999 Boardwalk/CBR/Disney Cruise
    October 1992 Polynesian
    October 1985 Polynesian
    October 1980 Polynesian

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: