Quantcast Wait, Really?? REALLY??? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    It's bad how far away this team really is. It's not a tweak here and a tweak there. They need a major overhaul and I have absolutely zero confidence that Reid can engineer it.
    Agreed there.
    This team has a long way to go.

Defense – I think they could use a few more playmakers. Dawkins is aging and needs to be replaced. And I am not sold on the LBs yet. And definetly on the D-line.
    But overall, the defense is solid. They are on the field way too much and to see your offense stink that bad, it has to be demoralizing.

Offense – Many holes. Need a TE, FB, a true #1 WR to compliment Jackson and Curtis. You can’t run Reid’s offense with players that lack the talent to execute. The O-line is aging and your’e not sure what to expect out of Andrews. They could use a backup RB, maybe a guy good enough to split carries with the smallish and injury-prone Westbrook.
    And I think McNabb is done. Give Kolb a chance. If Kolb flops , start over at QB too.

Overall, I think this team is several years from being capable of competing in a tough, tough NFC East.
    Bern

WDW - 85,88,89,96,08,10,12,13,16,18,19
    Universal - Cabana Bay, May 2019

August 2020 - Port Orleans Riverside

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Man ... tight end, wide receiver fullback, backup running back ... how long have we needed upgrades at these positions and yet year after year Reid either picks complete stiffs or just overlooks the positions completely and drafts another bust of a lineman?? Is there anyone here who thinks Winston Justice will ever play a snap in the NFL again??

You look back over his drafts and the drop-out rate is tremendous. It's really scary.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

The thing that people have to remember here is that for many years... we had a GOOD team. A team that went to four NFC Championships. A team that lost by 3 pts in a Super Bowl. A team that was supposed to be built to win it all... However at a certain point (after Super Bowl year I would say) it became blatantly clear that management/ownership stopped being concerned about WINNING and just was obsessed with money. It's hard to understand when you don't live in Philly, but the Eagles are no longer a team... they are a brand. And it's a shame because I don't even know how many thousands (not a typo) of dollars my family has spent over the years on this team. The funny thing is, my dad turned his back on the Flyers for a while because he was disenchanted with Bobby Clarke's treatment of Lindros and Roger Neilson. He also was mad at the Phillies for awhile because they were always either cheapskates or overpaying terrible players. Yet he refuses to totally give up on the Eagles. He thinks that if they do poorly, that maybe they will realize they need to change. I don't know that they will. I think the only way it changes is if we fans stop the cash flow, and I don't see that happening.

As far as me not going to the games, I can't sell them. I don't know if I made this clear but I have never been to an Eagles game in my life. My fiance was really excited to get the monday night tickets for my father and I. Even if they are playing badly, it's still a bonding experience. And my whole fam is going to the Dallas game. If they only win one game the rest of the season, it better be that Dallas game!
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Angry

On a somewhat related and equally annoying note, did anyone happen to catch the NFL Countdown crew chastising Eagles fans for being so hard on Reid and McNabb yesterday before the game??

I was like, "You have got to be kidding!!!" We've put up with FOUR YEARS worth of ineptitude now. In any other city, they'd be screaming along with us that it was amazing the coach still had a job. But since it's Philly and since the story has to always be about how ungrateful and terrible Philly fans are, they backed Reid.

Tom Jackson actually had the nerve to say that we better "be careful what we wish for!!"

Can you imagine????
    Ian ºOº

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Blame Canada!
    By Lee Russakoff
    Mon, 24 Nov 2008 22:11:24 GMT
    Sadly, this is all going to be Donovan’s fault.

That’s what Andy Reid is going to try to sell you.

There’s nothing wrong with the system (what could be wrong with throwing the ball 764 times a game?)…it’s just the quarterback. Time has caught up with No. 5. Donovan had a good run, but he can no longer execute the complexity of Andy’s 400-page playbook (who would have thought there were so many ways to throw a three-yard out?).

Throwing the ball on third-and-one every time takes a youthful exuberance that McNabb can no longer muster.

It’s the quarterback that time has passed by, not the play-calling/scheme/talent evaluation.

Kevin Kolb will prove that.

Yup, that’s what Andy will be selling. Big Red will be touting his QB-in-waiting as the messiah. Kevin Kolb—the man with the small pedigree and even smaller arm—will be the man who will fix all of Philly’s problems.

You’ll see.

Sure, Kolb’s also the guy who threw the longest pick-six in NFL history and looked as bad as (if not worse than) McNabb in Sunday’s loss to the Ravens…but don’t think too much about that.

Just blame this all on McNabb and move on.

Andy won’t throw Donovan under the bus in his press conferences, of course. He’ll use his limited vocabulary to praise what McNabb has done for the Eagles, say this whole thing “starts with me,” and wish D-Mac all the best in the future.

But his actions will say otherwise. He thinks it’s Donovan. Has to. Because if it isn’t McNabb, it’s him…and that can’t be the case. Andy’s "too smart" to believe his system isn’t working.

So the ’09 Birds will cut ties with No. 5, return the rest of this average roster, and keep insisting on Big Red’s outdated scheme.

Reid will implicitly tell Philly, “It’s not me, it’s him.”

And it will ring just as hollow as when all of my ex-girlfriends say it.

McNabb has had a horrible year, and an even worse month. But until the guy who brought in the other 52 Eagles on the roster is gone, this team’s relevancy will fade faster than James Van Der Beek.

I’m no Donovan McNabb apologist. No. 5 is what he is--a very good NFL quarterback who has accuracy issues and a tendency to tighten up in close games. I’m not sure he can ever “win the big one.”

Still, to suggest the Eagles problems are in any way tied to Donovan’s flaws is ridiculous and antithetic to the evidence in front of our eyes. Donovan is the same guy, the same quarterback, he was when the Eagles made the Super Bowl.

It’s the league that has changed. And it’s Andy who’s failed to change with it.

The days of the “Greatest Show on Turf” are long gone. The West Coast offense craze has run its course. Defenses have adjusted, and the gimmick that was so hard to stop five years ago can now be shut down with relative ease. (Especially when you try to run it with no playmakers.)

Look at the teams succeeding in today’s NFL. The Giants have three running backs that pound on you, the Titans wouldn’t know a forward pass from the Tennessee Pass (which is ironically located in Denver), and the Ravens, the team that just throttled the Birds, go to the air less than John Madden.

Old is new again in the NFL. Teams that win control the clock by running the ball and stopping the run. Unless Andy Reid adapts to this “new” way of thinking, the Eagles cannot succeed.

Unfortunately for Philadelphia, adapting is one of Andy Reid’s many weaknesses.

And unfortunately for Donovan McNabb, blaming others and refusing to change anything about himself is one of Andy’s strengths.
    Christine ºoº

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

Man ... tight end, wide receiver fullback, backup running back ... how long have we needed upgrades at these positions and yet year after year Reid either picks complete stiffs or just overlooks the positions completely and drafts another bust of a lineman??
    Amen to that.
    Reid good picks (Brown, Lito, Westbrook, McNabb) far outwiegh the bad ones (Justice, etc, too many to name).

Quote Originally Posted by PirateLover View Post
    The thing that people have to remember here is that for many years... we had a GOOD team. A team that went to four NFC Championships. A team that lost by 3 pts in a Super Bowl. A team that was supposed to be built to win it all... However at a certain point (after Super Bowl year I would say) it became blatantly clear that management/ownership stopped being concerned about WINNING and just was obsessed with money. It's hard to understand when you don't live in Philly, but the Eagles are no longer a team... they are a brand.
    My family had season tickets all the way back to when they played in Franklin Field and I had them for a time with my dad duing the Ryan/Kotite/Rhodes years. When they moved to the Linc, we had to get rid of them because of the outrageous costs for the tickets and seat licenses. My dad was semi-retired at the time and I was in college, so we just couldn't afford the them. We sold them to a family friend, so my dad still gets to go a few times a year.

But your'e right, they were a good team. That 2004 team was very good, the offense was incredible. That 04 team could compete in the NFC East this season.
    But the team has lost good talent (Owens), locker room presence (Reese), and has drafted poorly year after year since 2004. And it shows.

But I do think ownership wants to win. Because winning brings in money. No one pays to see a bad team. But I think Reid has just fallen behind and is now so far behind, catching up is gonna take alot. We may not see a playoff football team here in Philly for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    Blame Canada!
    By Lee Russakoff
    Mon, 24 Nov 2008 22:11:24 GMT

......It’s the league that has changed. And it’s Andy who’s failed to change with it.......

......The days of the “Greatest Show on Turf” are long gone. The West Coast offense craze has run its course. Defenses have adjusted, and the gimmick that was so hard to stop five years ago can now be shut down with relative ease. (Especially when you try to run it with no playmakers.)....
    Good article, I think he is spot on, especially about no playmakers. Reid's offense isn't going to get it done anymore, even with the talent needed to do it. He needs to adapt if he wants to still have winning teams.

One thing I do think though is that McNabb is too blame a little, more indirectly. I don't think his teammates have confidence in him anymore and I don't think McNabb wants to be in Philly anymore. So I think it is time to move on and start fresh.
    Bern

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy

I could have written that article myself. It's the same things I've been saying for the last 5 years.

Sadly, I think he's exactly right. This same tired, pathetic "scheme" will be back next year with the same tired, pathetic players with the key exception that we'll have a rag-armed, unproven QB at the helm.
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

And it gets even better...another article from the same writer:

Gold Standard, Tin Cup

Since everyone is piling on Andy Reid, Donovan McNabb, and the Eagles these days (myself included), maybe it's time to tear into Jeffrey Lurie a little bit.

The man who gave us "The Gold Standard" apparently doesn't have enough money to pay his debts. Or, he just figures he needs $8 million more than the city of Philadelphia does.

The Philadelphia Inquirer is reporting that the Eagles have owed the city $8 million since 2001, and are refusing to pay.

According to the Inquirer, the city helped out the Eagles by building sky boxes in the Vet. The city agreed to let the Eagles keep all of the revenue for 15 years, but after that, both entities were supposed to split the money earned from the luxury seating.

That money, $8 million, should have come in 2001. It's seven years later, and the city has yet to see a dime. The city sued the team in 2004 for more than $10 million, including back payments and interest.

The Birds (current value, according to Forbes: $1 billion) maintain that the city caused a canceled exhibition game that led to losses for the team. They apparently feel that the city owes them money, and have countersued. So now that it's in the courts, there's no great hurry to settle up. Let the court costs mount up and sooner or later, they probably figure, the city will cry uncle and walk away.

With the city of Philadelphia running a record deficit, this is an outrage. You can't blame the Eagles for Philly's problems, but you can blame them for welching on a deal that was enormously profitable for the organization.

At a time when Philadelphians across the region are losing their jobs, and the city is closing libraries and other public works programs because of a severe financial shortfall, the 5-5-1 Eagles are making more money than the Philly mint.

Playing hardball with a city that has given the Eagles organization tax break after tax break takes some brass...but denying the city money at a time when it is struggling to stay above water--that's more pathetic than the product the Eagles are putting on the field.

Mr. Lurie, this city has supported your team at every turn and will continue to do so despite the mucky future that lies ahead. It's time you return the "favor" and pay Philadelphia the money it is owed.
    Christine ºoº

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by barnaby View Post

But I do think ownership wants to win. Because winning brings in money. No one pays to see a bad team. But I think Reid has just fallen behind and is now so far behind, catching up is gonna take alot. We may not see a playoff football team here in Philly for years.
    I think they want to compete, not win. I don't think they want to be embarrassing losers though.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Angry

Wow, Christine. That article is really an eye opener, in many ways.

What shocks me the most is that the media has apparently sat on this story for 7 years.

I guess it just goes to show how good the Eagles PR machine is at silencing dissent among the local press. You bad-mouth us, you get nothing.
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Ian I can see your fustration...but then look at me a Browns fan..Lets see..

- The star WR cannot even catch a cold ( apparently he needs another 5 hour energy drink)

- The tight end complains that his boss did not call him cause he was sick

- That said boss sends a profaine email to a fan

- The QB that most everyone wants to see,gets hurt in his second start, on a freak break

- Then the QB that was a pro bowler last year,gets hurt.

- Down to 3rd string QB starting this week against the TITANS!

- And of course there is the speculation that Bill Cowher may or may not come to Cleveland

I guess could be worse..could be a Lions fan (sorry to and Detroit fans)

-

Dean
    Twitter = DVC5571

Apr 04--First trip ever--30th Birthday Present
    Dec 05--Off Site (Honeymoon)
    Oct 07-- On Stie POP
    Feb 09-- Off Site -AK day trip
    Sept 10 -- Onsite -Coronodo Springs

Member of the Tommorowland Metro-Retro Historical Society

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Browns fans have it tough, but hey at least their star wide receiver didn't shoot himself in the thigh like a dope.

I suppose now that the Eagles have won a couple games there will definitely be no regime change next season. It'll be the same story it was last year ... "We finished strong, if not for a few key injuries to Brian Westbrook, etc. etc. blah blah blah ... " so everyone will be back and it will be business as usual.
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

I suppose now that the Eagles have won a couple games there will definitely be no regime change next season. It'll be the same story it was last year ... "We finished strong, if not for a few key injuries to Brian Westbrook, etc. etc. blah blah blah ... " so everyone will be back and it will be business as usual.
    I was thinking the same thing after they beat the Giants last Sunday. NOw they have a reason to keep Reid and McNabb.
    Don't get me wrong McNabb has played well, but I just think it is time to move on.
    Reid is frustrating too. It only took him 11 weeks to figure out they could run the ball.

It stinks when you have to root against your team to lose.
    Bern

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Reid is frustrating too. It only took him 11 weeks to figure out they could run the ball.
    You know what really cracks me up?? All the sports pundits in town are all talking how Reid has suddenly had some epiphany about how he has to run the ball to win. And they talk about it like this is some first ... like it's never happened before.

I can remember at least two previous seasons (the Jeff Garcia season first and foremost) where the exact same thing happened. Reid passed and passed and passed and the Eagles lost and lost and lost and then suddenly, miraculously, Reid remembered the run and the Eagles started to win and SAINTS BE PRAISED Reid had finally figured out it was important to stick with the run!!

Hogwash ... if he does, in fact, stick around for next season (which he will) I can 100% guarantee you we'll be having the same maddening conversation at this time next season.

I'd be perfectly happy to have McNabb back next season. Even with all his flaws he's still one of the best QB's in the NFL. But Reid has got to go.
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

You know what really cracks me up?? All the sports pundits in town are all talking how Reid has suddenly had some epiphany about how he has to run the ball to win. And they talk about it like this is some first ... like it's never happened before.

I can remember at least two previous seasons (the Jeff Garcia season first and foremost) where the exact same thing happened. Reid passed and passed and passed and the Eagles lost and lost and lost and then suddenly, miraculously, Reid remembered the run and the Eagles started to win and SAINTS BE PRAISED Reid had finally figured out it was important to stick with the run!!

Hogwash ... if he does, in fact, stick around for next season (which he will) I can 100% guarantee you we'll be having the same maddening conversation at this time next season.

I'd be perfectly happy to have McNabb back next season. Even with all his flaws he's still one of the best QB's in the NFL. But Reid has got to go.
    The sad thing is after making a run (pun intended) to the playoffs in 2006 with Garcia, Reid came out the next season and made a recovering QB McNabb throw the ball 40 times a game.

I'd wouldn't mind seeing McNabb back. He is still one of the best QBs in the league. Reid is the obvious probelm.
    But I think this team needs to start over, and think it is time for oth to move on.
    Bern

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

The sad thing is after making a run (pun intended) to the playoffs in 2006 with Garcia, Reid came out the next season and made a recovering QB McNabb throw the ball 40 times a game.
    Exactly. And that's what's been, for me, the most maddening part about Reid's tenure with the Eagles.

To my untrained eye, this guy has had the same problems repeat year after year since he got here 10 years ago. As someone who would almost certainly be fired if I repeated the same mistakes over even half of that time period, I find it extremely mystifying that Lurie and Banner have kept him around this long.

That really leads one to believe whether or not winning is truly what this ownership is committed to.
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Try being a Packer fan. We have a defense that is offensive and makes me sick to my stomach. An offensive line that is a shambles. Just got rid of a punter who could barely kick it past the line of scrimmage. And a very good quarterback in Aaron Rodgers (currently better stats than Favre), who is running for his life and not getting any credit for having a good season...Plus our gm is an idiot who trades down every draft to get "numbers" and the coach is about to be run out of town...we don't have a good basketball team, and lost CC on the Brewers. To top it all off it's 5 degrees with a windchill of -15. I will get home and the dog will probably have relieved himself on the bed..
    1986 and 1991 offsite
    1998,2000,2001,2003,2004,2006,2008 movies
    1999, 2002 sports
    2005, 2007, 2009, 2011 pop
    2008 Riverside (Christmas Parade)
    2010 CB (25th anniversary)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Missy_Mouses_Dad View Post
    Try being a Packer fan.
    Still beats being an Eagles fan - at least the Pack has a Super Bowl win. And a few at that.
    Bern

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

And a very good quarterback in Aaron Rodgers (currently better stats than Favre), who is running for his life and not getting any credit for having a good season...
    I can't speak for what people are saying about him around Green Bay, but on the national stage I think most people are recognizing how well Rodgers is playing. In fact, I just heard Mike & Mike (ESPN Radio) the other morning talking about how none of the Packers' collapse this year was Rodgers fault and how well he has played despite the lack of talent around him.

Plus our gm is an idiot who trades down every draft to get "numbers" and the coach is about to be run out of town...we don't have a good basketball team ...
    Sounds exactly like Philly!

To top it all off it's 5 degrees with a windchill of -15. I will get home and the dog will probably have relieved himself on the bed..

Now that was funny!
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

That was a horrible, horrible display of playcalling and quarterback play yesterday. Absolutely terrible. I know if Jackson catches that ball in the corner the game is tied up, but that was McNabb's only good pass of the day yesterday.

I don't know if I want to watch another game that Reid coaches or McNabb plays in ever again. It is THAT bad as an Eagles fan. I have tickets to the Cowboys game that I've been looking forward to for the entire season and I think I'm going to try to get rid of them. It really is a shame for Jim Johnson's defense too...they were brilliant again yesterday.
    -Phil-

"The future is no place to place your better days."--Dave Matthews
    "Be fair, alright, everyone wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride."--Mallrats

"The Philadelphia Phillies are 2008 World Champions of Baseball!"

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: