Quantcast Wait, Really?? REALLY???

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Angry Wait, Really?? REALLY???

I know there are a lot of us from the Philly area around here and I just wanted to say ... is this really what we've been reduced to watching from our football team??

They are pathetic! I actually, for the first time in as long as I can remember, turned the game off in the 3rd quarter. It was literally unwatchable.

And I guess we see now what a terrific job Reid did drafting McNabb's heir apparent ... Kolb has a rag arm and can't play for squat. He reminded me of a poor man's Chad Pennington out there.

This team is in complete shambles. Reid has to go!
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I feel like I spent the whole game screaming WHAT??!!! WHAT??!!!
    What hurts even more is that this year for the first time I am going to actually get to go to not one but TWO Eagles games... Dec 15th for Monday Night Football, and The Dallas game after Christmas. My fiance got the first game for my birthday and my mom got the Dallas game for my dad and I for Christmas. I feel bad that they paid all that money to send us to freeze our butts off watching slop. You can't even play the "Well at least we'll get a better draft pick" card because they don't know what the heck they are doing in the draft for the most part. Gold standard my fanny!
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry Ian, that was a horrible game, we didnt watch all of it but we were turning back and forth to it. And what we did see was horrible. But the good news on my end is the Patriots did good today! woohoo! Maybe Cassel doesnt have to be fired just yet....
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BCV/BWV=Jan. 24-Feb. 1 '14
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

Post Thanks / Like

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by PirateLover View Post
    What hurts even more is that this year for the first time I am going to actually get to go to not one but TWO Eagles games...
    I'd hope they play moderately better next week and then sell the tickets for whatever you can get for them. No way I'd sit through one of these stinkers.

Quote Originally Posted by PirateLover View Post
    You can't even play the "Well at least we'll get a better draft pick" card because they don't know what the heck they are doing in the draft for the most part. Gold standard my fanny!
    Reid's horrific personnel decisions are the main reason this team is so terrible. There's like four guys on this entire team who can actually play.

He'll trade out of the first round again for two bags of Cheetos and a large pizza and then in the 3rd round he'll draft some worthless fat guy from McNee State that no one has ever heard of because he has "good character." Then he'll cut the guy after camp, even though we have no one else to play his position and he'll convert some other stiff from another position to fill in.

Those of you not paying attention, don't laugh ... that pretty much actually happened!
    Ian ºOº

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

36 to 7 ????

Sorry, Ian... couldn't resist. The made me do it.

Ed
    Senior Imagineer Emeritus

Welcome to the INTERCOT forums !

Post Thanks / Like

Look on the bright side, Brad Childress (ex-Eagle Offensive Coordinator) has the Vikes in the playoff race But hey, at least you haven't taken to chucking snowballs at the players (a la Norte Dame)
    -Andy

Many trips to the world!
    Disney College Program alumnus Aug 2011-Jan 2012 Electric Umbrella in Epcot

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry,
    Kind of a runover from another post Ian, But would you rather have Brett Favre now???

Sorry that your team has fallen so far & so hard...
    Having been rooting for loosers for much of my life, I feel for you.

But like you say at least philly won the world series...(how far off is BB season?)

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry for your pain but apparently you have not been following the RAMS. I dont think that they could beat their way out of a wet paper bag.
    Itchy for another trip

Caribbean Beach 1989, 90, 92
    All St Movies 1999, 04, 05, 11
    All St Sports 2006
    Pop 2007, 08 x2, 09 x2, 10, 12 x2,13,14,15,16,17,18,2021,23
    POR 2010 x2, 11
    Coronado Springs 2019

Post Thanks / Like

Say it with me, Ian...Pitchers and Catchers, Pitchers and Catchers.

I actually did some laundry from our recent 2 week WDW trip during the game.

For me, the most inexcusable part was Reid sending one of the coaches to tell McNabb he was benched. The ultimate slap in the face to a guy who once threw 4 TD's in a game for him on a broken ankle.

McNabb deserved better that this.
    Jerry

"I only hope we never lose sight of one thing..that it was all started by a mouse."--Walt Disney

Our favorite trip...the NEXT one!

Post Thanks / Like

the only thing andy proved by removing mcnabb from the game is that mcnabb is not the problem. I would honestly like to see marty mornhinweg shown the door before andy is. marty is the poorest excuse for a football coach known to man.
    -Chris R.

"We now face the danger, which in the past has been the most destructive to the humans: Success, plenty, comfort and ever-increasing leisure. No dynamic people has ever survived these dangers." --John Steinbeck

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyMouse View Post
    For me, the most inexcusable part was Reid sending one of the coaches to tell McNabb he was benched. The ultimate slap in the face to a guy who once threw 4 TD's in a game for him on a broken ankle.
    I totally agree. It shows that, not only is Reid totally inept, he's also gutless.

If I was McNabb, I would have immediately marched over to Reid and gotten in his face. But unfortunately, that's not McNabb's style. He just doesn't seem to have any fire in his belly. I can't decide if this team has quit on Reid or if they've quit on McNabb.

Either way, it's time for wholesale changes. Unfortunately, it doesn't sound like it's going to happen. Most of the media "insiders" say that there's zero chance Reid will be fired.

Which means yes ... time to start counting down the days until pitchers and catchers report.
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

I feel your pain. I'm a Lions fan. They've won one playoff game in my lifetime.

At least here, we have the Red Wings.
    Tammy

8/78, 5/88, 3/90, 3/94 - WDW - Off-Site
    5/86, 7/91, 3/99 - DL - Off-Site
    10/97, 7/98 - WDW - Poly
    7/01 - WDW - Poly - cancer recovery #1
    2/02 - WDW - WL
    7/03 - WDW - Poly - surprise b-day trip
    12/04 - WDW - Poly - cancer recovery #2
    1/06 - WDW - Poly - surprise 6th b-day for DD

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

You know, we have the Phillies here, so it's not like we don't have at least one winner in town.

But that's not the point. The point is, this team has been going in the wrong direction for not one, not two, not three, but four seasons and management hasn't done anything about it. They're making money, Reid is a good little solider and toes the company line ... so they don't care. They're businessmen, not football men.

I love football and I love the Eagles. I have for as long as I can remember, but this has got to stop. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post

Which means yes ... time to start counting down the days until pitchers and catchers report.
    That's pretty funny from a guy who has admitted on these boards that baseball is his least favorite sport. You talk of your love of the Flyers. They seem to be doing well (hockey is my least favorite sport) so try concentrating on them .

We were listening to the game driving down the shore with my parents (who are up from Florida) so we could get a Bucs score. Merill Reese, who is can be pretty much a homer, couldn't find anything positive to say.

I am already planning my annual Spring Training weekend...
    Christine ºoº

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

I was shocked to see McNabb benched- though he is not the brightest guy and always seems to try to force something to happen.
    After last week's " I didn't know the tie rule" and " i hope it doesnt ruin the superbowl" remarks.... Donavan isn't going onto my All-sharp minded player team....

Kolb is really bad- but don't compare him to Pennington- Chad is a winner- regardless of his arm. If you had a big game to win and you had to choose between mcnabb and Pennington, who would you choose?
    Oh Chad's arm is shot, but he finds ways to win
    Bryan

DVC since 02, Poly 89-90, Tokyo 98, CB 99, Swan 01, WL 06 ,08, 10, BLT 11, HHI 12, OKW 12-13, BC 03-05, 07-09, 11, 13,16 , 17
    Contemporary 05, 13, GC DLR 15, VeroBeach 16, AoA 16

"There's Blood on the saddle, and Blood all around...."Big Al-

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    That's pretty funny from a guy who has admitted on these boards that baseball is his least favorite sport. You talk of your love of the Flyers. They seem to be doing well (hockey is my least favorite sport) so try concentrating on them .
    I was speaking metaphorically ... in other words, pack it in. The Eagles season is over. Time to move on to something else.

And just to be clear, I said baseball was my third favorite sport behind football and hockey. I'm not much of a basketball guy.

But just because I like football and hockey more than baseball doesn't mean I don't like baseball. It's more like 1A, 1B, and 1C with basketball sitting at number 2.
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Ian, the Flyers are doing well, though, so you do have a sports team to make you happy now to take your mind off the Eagles. No need to wait for pitchers and catchers.

Since we are stating things for the record, I do like all the major sports (even hockey) but I am passionate about baseball, followed by basketball (both pro and college). Baseball and basketball get my disposable income, where as the other 2 do not, though I'll watch them.
    Christine ºoº

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Yeah, but you can't get deep into hockey this early in the season. It's just a grind at this point.

After the holidays, then yeah ... I'll start getting into the Flyers heavy duty.
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

This Eagles team has declined in talent every year since the '04 season. The year with Garcia was a bit of an abberation.

I appreciate the fact that McNabb and Reid had some good years here.
    But this team has been stagnant and going backward for a few years now.
    Reid and McNabb's time has come to an end, IMHO.
    Time to move on.

Start Kolb, lets see what he's got.

But its time to rebuild.
    Bern

WDW - 85,88,89,96,08,10,12,13,16,18,19
    Universal - Cabana Bay, May 2019

August 2020 - Port Orleans Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

The really scary thing is just how far from good this team might be.

I honestly believe the defense is good. I think their issue is primarily related to the fact they can't get off the field! If the offense could sustain some drives and give the defense a rest, I definitely think they're good enough.

You look at yesterday's game, for example. The defense held the clamps on Baltimore almost the entire game. But by the end, they were just gassed from being on the field for so long.

I think they could use some upgrades at defensive end and they absolutely have to move Lito along in the off season, but with some tweaks I think they'd be fine on that side of the ball.

But the offense?? That's another story. You potentially need new players at virtually every position outside of running back (and that's assuming you're okay with Westbrook and his injury problems). Yes, you can salvage some of our wideouts ... DeSean Jackson can obviously play and I think Curtis would be better with a top receiver on the other side of him ... but other than that the rest need to move on to browner pastures.

The line is aging badly. You have to figure out what to do with Runyan and Thomas. Shawn Andrews has obviously flaked and could quarterback possibly be a bigger question mark??

It's bad how far away this team really is. It's not a tweak here and a tweak there. They need a major overhaul and I have absolutely zero confidence that Reid can engineer it.
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: