Quantcast I finally get to go

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default I finally get to go

Well it looks like I am finally going to get to see where all the magic started.

I am a TOTAL World girl as I have been going there since the 70's as a girl. I know absolutely NOTHING about Disneyland.

It will be the middle of December when I am there probably about the 13th to the 20th. How many days do I need? What should I not miss? Which one of the Disney resorts is my best bet?

I need all the help I can get. What else is close by? Is there something that I should not miss?

I'm super excited but feeling completely overwhelmed at the moment. Any and all help welcome.

Thanks!

Jane
    JANE

```````````````````````````````````````
    Last trip Oct 27-31-HALLOWEEN trip, Wilderness Lodge Club level
    Next trip ?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Be sure and peruse the existing threads becasue lots of people have asked the same questions...

Have fun. You easily can do all of DLR/DCA in 3-4 days, and to be honest, why miss anything? Depending on when you go, crowds can be worked around (be sure and check the Disneyland Crowd Estimator at the top of this forum).

I prefer the Disneyland Hotel as the rooms are bigger and it's old-school Disney magic through and through. I have recently stayed at the Paradise Pier and I liked that hotel as well. The Grand Californian is one of the classic Disney Lodge properties and it's the most expensive of the three DLR properties. If you want to save money you can choose Good Neighbor hotels that are located a 5 minute walk across the street fom the main entrance of Disneyland.

My 3 favorite non-DL properties are the Best Western Park Place Inn, the Ramada Inn Maingate and Fairfield Inn by Marriott 00 and most of these hotels are about $100 per night, they are clean and they offer complimentary breakfast.

Disneyland is in SoCal ... and there's tons of stuff to see because you can pretty much get from anywhere in LA to San Diego in a fairly short drive -- so anything in the area is doable.
    Michael aka: NotaGeek

INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast Staff
    WDW 1/6/16 - 1/11/16 - BRING ON THE COWBELLS!

Please s
    upport INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

I just got back from a trip to Disneyland and loved it! The park was all decorated for Halloween and it was so fun! We (me and hubby) got to go on rides you just don't see at the World like the Matterhorn and Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

We went for two days at DL and one to DCA. DCA can be totally doable in one day. (Although a bit rushed through) I would recommend two for DL.

We saw a Bug's Life and it is really better at DL! It's scary! The bugs come out of the ceiling into your hair!

I recomend POTC, Splash Mountain, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, Grizzly River Rapids (DCA, and California Screamin.

Check out Downtown Disney too. It's really cool! I recommend Naples Pizza! To die for!

We stayed at Candy Cane Inn and it was really nice! They had a free breakfast and it's real close to the parks. I would recommend renting a car. It can be confusing getting around otherwise. Check out Universal and Sea World, as well as Anaheim Gardenwalk!

Anna
    June 2006-Disneymoon POR/DCL Wonder
    Sept/Oct-Las Vegas/D-land CCI
    June 2009 Eureka Springs/Branson
    Dec. 2009- Pop Century
    June 2010-Pop Century
    Oct. 2010-CBR/DCL
    Jan. 5-10 ASMU solo
    Oct 24-Nov. 1 AoA/Pop

Tubes are clear....no surgery needed

Disney fanatic, travel writer, foodie

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the great advice. Anyone else have anything to offer?
    JANE

```````````````````````````````````````
    Last trip Oct 27-31-HALLOWEEN trip, Wilderness Lodge Club level
    Next trip ?

Post Thanks / Like

well of course, with the reopening of It's a Small World for the holidays I would say that is a don't miss attraction. I've seen IASW in its holiday decor and its amazing and im sure Disney didnt let us down with its refurb. haunted mansion, peter pan's flight, dumbo,matterhorn, big thunder, splash. All of these i think are classic Disney rides that cant be missed. The lines in peter pan and dumbo are going to be long for sure but if u want the whole experience I would recommend trying those as well, just plan your timing well and u shouldnt have a problem (first arrival, after fireworks etc) you'll have a blast !

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: