Quantcast Developer Points Incentive for BLT - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Yep. For us, at $11 per point, it comes to $2,200. That's a lot, no matter how you slice it.

The more I've thought about this, the more I've convinced myself that I'm not going to let it die. I'm going to follow up with our guide twice a week between now and the first week in December.

If I don't get anything concrete out of him by then, I'm going to the DVC office when we're down at SSR and asking to speak with "management" face-to-face.
    Should we start a collection to raise $$ to bail you out of jail after your "meeting", Ian??
    35+ trips to WDW since 1985...and it never gets old.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by hubbyofadisneyholic View Post
    Should we start a collection to raise $$ to bail you out of jail after your "meeting", Ian??
    That might not be a bad idea!
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Yep. For us, at $11 per point, it comes to $2,200. That's a lot, no matter how you slice it.

The more I've thought about this, the more I've convinced myself that I'm not going to let it die. I'm going to follow up with our guide twice a week between now and the first week in December.

If I don't get anything concrete out of him by then, I'm going to the DVC office when we're down at SSR and asking to speak with "management" face-to-face.
    I bought 200 points at BLT when they first went on sale. Today, I called my guide and asked if I could get matching developer points, and the answer was Yes!
    DVC Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by DVC Mike View Post
    I bought 200 points at BLT when they first went on sale. Today, I called my guide and asked if I could get matching developer points, and the answer was Yes!
    I wasn't going to say anything because my guide asked me not to, but we got the same thing.

The paperwork is supposed to be arriving shortly.
    Ian ºOº

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats! I figured that was the hold up, since everyone and their uncle is now going to be calling about it. But, since it has to be used within a year, you gotta figure they are looking at all these people who will now take a trip to use those. Not a bad thing, profit wise...

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyRox View Post
    Congrats! I figured that was the hold up, since everyone and their uncle is now going to be calling about it. But, since it has to be used within a year, you gotta figure they are looking at all these people who will now take a trip to use those. Not a bad thing, profit wise...
    We're most likely going to have to sell ours, since I can't envision being able to use them before 10/1/2009.

I wonder if they'd let us use them for our upcoming trip? That way at least we'd be able to bank our normal SSR points into our next use year.
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

I wasn't going to say anything because my guide asked me not to, but we got the same thing.

The paperwork is supposed to be arriving shortly.
    Looks like I better return the $$ collected for the "bail Ian out of jail" fund...

Glad you were able to get something worked out.
    35+ trips to WDW since 1985...and it never gets old.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm waiting to hear back from my guide. She said she had to check on when we closed. I'm assuming those who have been given the points already closed. I have seen a couple of reports of members who bought in the first few days BLT was available and have been able to get these points. I guess I'll just wait to see what she says.
    Christina - DVC member
    SOG, VWL, OKW, AKL, ASMu, PC, POFQ, CSR, POLY, POR, BWV,SSR, CR, CBR, AKV, BCV
    Next trip- Nov 28- Dec 6

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Yeah, we bought on day one. Not sure if that matters or not, but ....

The ironic thing is, I chased after these points and got them, and now I have no clue if I'm even going to be able to use them or not!

My vacation time is already pretty taxed for next year.
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure when we will use them but I'd still like the option! Our guide is usually really on top of things so hopefully she'll call me back soon.
    Christina - DVC member
    Next trip- Nov 28- Dec 6

Post Thanks / Like

We got them! Our guide's manager has been out of town but she went to another and got approval. Yeah! Not sure when we'll be able to use them but I'm glad we have some options.
    Christina - DVC member
    Next trip- Nov 28- Dec 6

Post Thanks / Like

Default Just bought BLT

I was down last week and added 100 points at BLT. The dues are the lowest of all the properties since the building is a one building hotel and landscaping costs and other expenses are smaller than the more expansive resorts. Since the BLT will not be ready till Sept they also gave me 100 points to be used at SSR or world passport, they have to be used by Oct 09. They brought us through the models which are at SSR and it was amazing. AKL and BLT are both very nice. We were planning on adding only a few points just to have the option to book 11 mths out but once we looked at the math we decided on 100.
    74-79 poly w/parents
    99' WL - 00' WL- 01' WL - 02' WL - 03' WL
    04' WL - 04' AS Sports - FEB 05' WL - May 05' POR
    Sept 05' POR cancelled/Katrina
    Oct 05' BCV, Mardi Gras 06' WLV
    Labor day 06 SSR, November 06, Dec POR, Aug 07 BCV, Feb 08 WLV
    Easter 08 OKW, Labor Day 08CBR,Nov08 SSR, Next feb09?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dteed View Post
    We were planning on adding only a few points just to have the option to book 11 mths out but once we looked at the math we decided on 100.
    Just to clarify for others, you can only book points for your home resorts at 11 months. So if you have 25 BLT and 200 SSR points, you can only book 25 points at BLT at the 11 month window. The remaining 200 need to wait until the 7 month window.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyRox View Post
    Just to clarify for others, you can only book points for your home resorts at 11 months. So if you have 25 BLT and 200 SSR points, you can only book 25 points at BLT at the 11 month window. The remaining 200 need to wait until the 7 month window.
    Correct, which was the other reason we got 100.
    74-79 poly w/parents
    99' WL - 00' WL- 01' WL - 02' WL - 03' WL
    04' WL - 04' AS Sports - FEB 05' WL - May 05' POR
    Sept 05' POR cancelled/Katrina
    Oct 05' BCV, Mardi Gras 06' WLV
    Labor day 06 SSR, November 06, Dec POR, Aug 07 BCV, Feb 08 WLV
    Easter 08 OKW, Labor Day 08CBR,Nov08 SSR, Next feb09?

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: