Quantcast To Vote Or Not To Vote

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

View Poll Results: Do You/Did You Vote?

Voters
151. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

141 93.38%
  • No

10 6.62%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default To Vote Or Not To Vote

Did you or will you vote for the President? I was just curious how many people vote vs. those who choose not to vote.
    See You Real Soon!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't imagine not voting. I vote. I voted this morning. Done. Elections are very exciting to me.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

I really dont know why someone WOULDNT vote. I get very upset when I hear someone say "I'm only one vote so it doesnt matter". The point is unfortunately a lot of people think that way so if you WANT to make a difference, and lets face it, we HAVE to make a difference right now by voting, if a thousand people say "I'm just one person, my one vote doesnt matter"...that ONE-THOUSAND votes not getting counted....I think everyone should be a part of that, and has to be a part of something like that. And I feel that if you don't vote, and the president you wanted/didn't want gets in, keep your mouth shout about your opinions, because if you weren't part of it, you shouldnt be able to voice an opinion on it after-the-fact. No vote, no opinion, no say. Thats how I feel lol. LOL! I got all fired up. Politics and religion are the worst topics to talk to people about. Too many opinions lol.
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BCV/BWV=Jan. 24-Feb. 1 '14
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
    I can't imagine not voting. I vote. I voted this morning. Done. Elections are very exciting to me.
    Ditto
    Jenn

1974 * 1985 * 1993 * 1997 * 1997 * 2000 * 2002 * 2004 * 2005
    Oct 06 CBR/AKL
    Dec 06 ASM
    Oct 07 POP
    June 08 POFQ
    Sept 08 SSR
    Jan 09 SSR
    May/June 09 BCV/AKV
    Aug 09 AKV
    Oct 09 AKV
    Christmas 09 BLT
    May/June 2011 CBR
    May/June 2012 AKV

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerbellT421 View Post
    Politics and religion are the worst topics to talk to people about. Too many opinions lol.
    LOL. I absolutely agree!! That's why I was just curious to see how many vote vs. not vote. I didn't even bother asking why because I knew that as soon as everyone said why they think others should or shouldn't vote the fights would begin! LOL
    See You Real Soon!

Post Thanks / Like

LOL Like me Oopsie. I got all fired up. I am just going to shut up from now on lol! Sorry guys, just kept rambling lol....
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BCV/BWV=Jan. 24-Feb. 1 '14
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

Post Thanks / Like

I voted during early elections here just to be sure! I can't complain if I didn't vote!

Post Thanks / Like

There should be very few reasons why anyone who is permitted to vote doesn't. I voted.
    1 Week at Wyndham Bonnet Creek 06/17/17 - 06/24/17; 1 Week at Orange Lake Resort 06/24/17 - 06/30/17; 1 week at OKW 12/03/17 - 12/10/17

Post Thanks / Like

Of course I vote! Our elementary school is behind my house so I am watching cars stream through there today. It's amazing, really. Our kids had the day off from school but I am going over for a parent/teacher conference and then I'll be voting!!
    Kelly

4/98 Offsite
    11/03 Make a Wish Trip
    8/05, 4/07, 4/08, 4/09, 4/11, 4/12, 4/13, 4.14
    Sheraton Vistana Resort
    11/07 Hilton Grand Vacations Sea World

Next Trip: 04/15 Sheraton Vistana

Give the Gift of Life; Be an Organ Donor!!

Post Thanks / Like

I voted bright and early this morning and was pleasantly surprised to find no line or wait.

Living in a true democracy is a privledge so many of us take for granted and I can't imagine why someone wouldn't vote. Every vote counts and may make a difference or lead to change.

As my dad says, if you don't vote you can't complain.
    '94 & '97 Off Site
    '98, '04 & '07 PO - Riverside
    '00 Polynesian I '01 Contemporary
    '02 Animal Kingdom Lodge I '03 All Star Movies
    '05, '08 & '09 Pop Century I '06 Wilderness Lodge

Next 9/18 PO - French Quarter

"Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." ~ Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

I vote every time even though in bigger issues like the presidential election it's really a given that Oklahoma will be a red state. In that case I sort of feel like my vote for president doesn't matter, but I still do it. Oklahoma may always go red, but I like to see the percentages fluctuate and know that I was a part of it. I also preach the no vote, no complain mantra.
    Michelle

Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.

Post Thanks / Like

I voted and then treated myself to breakfast!
    Sonja

Spay and neuter your pets!

Post Thanks / Like

I voted by absentee ballot to avoid the long lines here in my hometown. It also gets me out of shaking all the hands of the local politicians running for the county and city seats.
    Dec 2010 AKL
    May 2009 POFQ
    Oct 2008 Pop
    X-Mas 2007-POFQ
    May 2006 Pop
    June 2005 ASMu
    May 2002-Off Site
    Dec. 1999-Off Site

Post Thanks / Like

I always vote, usually in the morning, but I am waiting for DD and her BF to come home for the day from college. It is thier first election and I am proud of them for taking it seriously.
    ~~Allison~~ °O°
    Snarky will miss VMK!!!

Happy DVC BWV owner since 1998!!
    PoTC: Rusty Saber, a Proud Seafury!

Post Thanks / Like

Of course I voted!!! Why would you not. If you want a say in things that will effect your life and the ones you love.......VOTE!

Post Thanks / Like

I voted this morning. Waited an hour from start to finish, and I got there at 7:20am. Luckily, my polling place is just across the parking lot from where I work, so I don't even have to move my car.

I must say, I felt really good afterwards. I did my job, and now I can just sit back and hope my vote made a difference.

Post Thanks / Like

What I hate is seeing uninformed voters or those who vote along party lines despite feeling that a candidate from the opposite party would be a better choice. My family is like that - my Dad might vote outside party lines but I doubt my Mom, sister, and most of my aunts, uncles, & cousins do. I think it's an irresponsible way to vote. Of course, they all think I'm irresponsible for registering under the opposite party from them - but at least I'm not afraid to cross party lines like they are!

I'm going to vote later even though I don't like either of our Presidential candidates. It's still my duty to choose one.
    Kathy ºoº

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

To me, casting an educated and informed vote is the duty of all Americans. We were granted the priviledge of electing our leaders and if you shirk that responsibility, then you abdicate all rights to complain about the government later on.

Now I do not care if people who vote for stupid reasons vote ... like, "Oh, he's handsome!" or "He has an R (or D) next to his name" or "She looks good on T.V."

To me, that's worse than not voting at all.

I have voted in every single election since I turned 18 and will continue to do so every year until I die.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Exactly.
    If you choose not to vote, then you willingly give up the right to complain about the results.

My family would kill me if I didn't vote - too many of them have fought and been wounded in the military defending our right to vote for me to ever take it lightly.

Hey Ian - maybe you can work out that you vote after you die too. It worked for previous elections.
    Next trip DLR in February 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Whenever I think that voting might be too much trouble, doesn't really, matter, etc., I think of Alice Paul and other suffragists who fought for women to get the right to vote. The treatment they received was absolutely horrible. I thank them by always excercising my right to vote!
    12/99-All-Star Sports * 5/01-POR * 4/02-AKL * 5/03-DL * 5/04-POFQ * 2/05-POR * 5/05-offsite * 10/05-WL * 12/05-DL * 2/06-offsite * 12/06-POP * 4/07-Coronado Springs * 10/07-WL * 4/08-POFQ * 5/10-POFQ * 7/12-DL * 2/14-DL * 6/15-YC

Next Trip ???

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: