Quantcast "accessible" rooms at Pop

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default "accessible" rooms at Pop

Hi! I'm wondering where the accessible rooms at Pop Century are located. Are they close to the main lobby and the bus transportation? I'm debating whether to book a preferred room vs. an accessible room. My son is physically challenged and would really benefit from staying in an accessible room, but not if it's very far from the transportation/lobby...
    Any advice/experience you can share is appreciated!
    Tess
    Pop09
    Poly08
    Poly07

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm hoping someone else comes along that can confirm or refute this, but I've read or heard somewhere that there were accessible rooms at Pop in the 50's section. This, IMO, is one of the closest sections to the hub of activity in Classic Hall & where I plan to request for our next stay. I'm not sure with the changes, if all of the 50's section, or even the accessible room are considered preferred, but they are definitely closer than the preferred building #4 that we've stayed in 3 x at Pop! We loved the location & views & seclusion (peace & quiet) of that building, but I'm thinking I'd give that up to stay a little closer to the bus stops, food court, etc! Although, I would think that there are more accessible rooms beside in just that section. We stayed in the 70's section, bldg #10 this year (standard room) and it was super close to bus stops, via the sidewalk around the side of CLassic Hall, paralell with the parking lot! I hope you get the answers you need, and that you enjoy Pop as much as we do! If not on here, I'm sure you can call WDW & get this info! Good Luck!
    Shari
    -"There's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow..."

'02 - All Star Movies
    '04, '05, '06, '10, '11, '16, '19, '21 - Pop Century

'08 - Offsite/Pop Century
    '13, '21 - Offsite
    '17 - Port Orleans/French Quarter!

Post Thanks / Like

We stayed at PoP in May and we were in the 50's building 4th floor facing hourglass lake. I don't know if this is the only building with accesible rooms or not. We didn't feel we had a long walk to the busses or the food court but we did have a good hike from the car. Have fun!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Thanks!

You gave me info I can work with!! I'm going to go for the "preferred" rooms and request a room on the first floor. Hopefully that will put us close to everything, including the main pool. My son really wants to be near that pool...He taught HIMSELF how to swim this summer (despite having cerbral palsy) and wants to spend every minute away from the parks in the pool...
    Tess
    pop09

Post Thanks / Like

My son really wants to be near that pool...He taught HIMSELF how to swim this summer (despite having cerbral palsy) and wants to spend every minute away from the parks in the pool...
    That is awesome Tess!! I don't blame you. The problem we have had with the accessible rooms is that they usually have one king size bed. Well for a family of three that doesn't work and we end up having to get one of the metal slingshots they call a trundle bed for one of us to sleep on. I would suggest calling about a week before your trip to PoP and telling them about your son and requesting a room near the pool. Hopefully they can accomodate you.

Post Thanks / Like

My husband and I just left POP Oct. 24th and we had an accessible room. We paid for a preferred and needed a king bed (one in an accessible room). We ended up in the 60's building on the ground floor opposite side of the pool. It was very easy to get to and from Classic hall. I was able to walk it pretty easily and would highly recommend it. I hope this helps.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: