Quantcast Brett Favre, ughhhh..... - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Today's performances:

Chad Pennington
    22 of 30 (73.3%) for 200 yards, 2 touchdowns, 0 interceptions
    Game Outcome: Win 24-17

Phillip Rivers
    15 of 20 (75%) for 207 yards, 2 touchdowns, 0 interceptions
    Game Outcome: Win 52-21

Brett Favre
    20 of 40 (50%) for 233 yards, 1 touchdowns, 3 interceptions
    Game Outcome: Loss 17-24

Once again, I ask ... Which one is going to the Pro Bowl???
    Last edited by Ian; 12-29-2008 at 09:35 AM.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian;1801133}
    [B
    [/B]
    Brett Favre
    20 of 40 (50%) for 233 yards, 1 touchdowns, 3 interceptions
    Game Outcome: Loss 17-24
    Didn't Favre have two TD's today? Oops, my bad. One was to a Miami Defender wasn't it.

The local Green Bay media today questioned if the reason the 6-10 was because they were missing Favre this year. I guess no one looked at Favre's stats nor compared the to Rogers. Considering D wins and the Pack gave up almost a touchdown per game more this season 6-10 isn't surprising .
    '94 & '97 Off Site
    '98, '04 & '07 PO - Riverside
    '00 Polynesian I '01 Contemporary
    '02 Animal Kingdom Lodge I '03 All Star Movies
    '05, '08 & '09 Pop Century I '06 Wilderness Lodge

Next 9/18 PO - French Quarter

"Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." ~ Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Could this realy be it?
    Could Jett Favre be done?
    I mean brett favre...

Way to go Miami !!!

Long Hail The interception king of the NFL !!!

Happy New Year.
    and to us jets fans, the torture is over , now we can dream about next year...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Today's performances:

Chad Pennington
    22 of 30 (73.3%) for 200 yards, 5 touchdowns, 0 interceptions
    Game Outcome: Win 24-17
    Wow bro...I WISH he had 5 tds! LOL!

Say it with me everyone....The Miami Dolphins....

2008 AFC East Champions!

Post Thanks / Like

Try watching a Packer game with Favre Fanatics!!

Yesterday I pointed out that #4 has had 3 multi-interception games in a row, and 7 for the season. The only response was that he would have lead the Pack to the playoffs. Last time I checked #12 had better stats, and didn't play defense.

Time for #4 to go away. He had a great career and should have left after last season. By no means am I a Favre basher, but there comes a point in time when you have to hang it up.
    1986 and 1991 offsite
    1998,2000,2001,2003,2004,2006,2008 movies
    1999, 2002 sports
    2005, 2007, 2009, 2011 pop
    2008 Riverside (Christmas Parade)
    2010 CB (25th anniversary)

Post Thanks / Like

Unless Favre can heal his shoulder, it looks like he's done.

When the NY press was falling all over itself about the great QB coming to NY, I kept pointing out that the Super Bowl MVP and the QB who ended his playoff run last year was already in NY.

GO BIG BLUE!!

Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're NOT out to get you!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Pagan View Post
    Wow bro...I WISH he had 5 tds! LOL!
    Sorry ... fixed that!

Quote Originally Posted by Missy_Mouses_Dad View Post
    Last time I checked #12 had better stats, and didn't play defense.
    Interesting comparison ... let's take a look ...

Aaron Rodgers
    341 of 536 (63.6%) for 4,038 yards, 28 touchdowns, 13 interceptions, passer rating of 93.8
    Season Outcome: 6-10

Brett Favre
    343 of 522 (65.7%) for 3,472 yards, 22 touchdowns, 22 interceptions, passer rating of 81.0
    Season Outcome: 9-7

A 1-1 TD to interception ratio is terrible. While it's not exactly a landslide in Rodgers favor, certainly his passer rating shows a significantly better statistical year vs. Favre.

Quote Originally Posted by big blue and hairy View Post
    When the NY press was falling all over itself about the great QB coming to NY, I kept pointing out that the Super Bowl MVP and the QB who ended his playoff run last year was already in NY.

GO BIG BLUE!!
    In fairness, never has there been a bigger fraud of a Super Bowl MVP than Eli Manning. That defense won the game for them. Eli just happened to be fortunate enough to be under center during the game.

I can't wait for the Eagles and Giants to meet in the Divisional Round this year, so we can be responsible for sending both the Cowboys and the Giants packing this season.
    Ian ºOº

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    In fairness, never has there been a bigger fraud of a Super Bowl MVP than Eli Manning. That defense won the game for them. Eli just happened to be fortunate enough to be under center during the game.
    Couldn't disagree with you more on this one Ian.

Sure, the Big Blue defense shut down the Pats, but if Eli doesn't pull off that Harry Houdini escape from the sack and fire that strike to Tyree, and if he doesn't float that perfect pass to Burress for the game winning TD, the Giants go home losers.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Couldn't disagree with you more on this one Ian.

Sure, the Big Blue defense shut down the Pats, but if Eli doesn't pull off that Harry Houdini escape from the sack and fire that strike to Tyree, and if he doesn't float that perfect pass to Burress for the game winning TD, the Giants go home losers.
    First off, IMO, one play does not an MVP make. Eli isn't even in the position to make that play if his defense hasn't kept the game close for four quarters.

Remember ... he was playing against the most prolific offense in NFL history. Without his defense playing the game of the century, it's a blowout and over by halftime.

Not only that, but the catch on that play to Tyree was a lot more impressive than the throw. If you recall, Tyree had to make an outrageous, acrobatic catch on that pass because it wasn't particularly well thrown.

The TD to Burress was a moderately above average throw, I'll give him that. But overall his numbers were pretty pedestrian ... 19 of 34 for 255, 2 TD's and a pick.

By contrast, the defense sacked Brady like 5 times, forced a fumble, and pretty much shut down the Pats running game.

I'm not saying Manning didn't play reasonably well ... he did ... but his effort certainly paled in comparison to what his defense did.
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

True, but an entire defense can't be named MVP, and usually it does go to the QB.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

True, but an entire defense can't be named MVP, and usually it does go to the QB.
    Agreed ... it does normally, but that doesn't mean they deserve it.

My only point was, calling Eli Manning a "Super Bowl MVP" is kind of misleading. Yes, he won the award, but it was sort of charity. He's not really that good.

I view Eli as more of a game manager kind of QB. He's not going to win games for you, but he won't lose them for you (most of the time) either. He's very much unlike his brother, who will often put his team on his back and carry them to a victory. Eli relies heavily on a heavy duty ground game and a simplified passing attack for his success.

And there's nothing wrong with that. It's just good coaching by the Giants staff. Trent Dilfer (and to some degree Ben Roethlisberger) also won a Super Bowl in that kind of system. It works.
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully so can Chad Pennington.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

You know, I don't want to overrate Pennington ... but if you look at the numbers, he's actually having a much better year than Eli is. Eli is actually a pretty average QB when you look at his numbers.

Chad Pennington
    321 of 476 (67.4%) for 3,653 yards, 19 touchdowns, 7 interceptions, passer rating of 97.4
    Season Outcome: 11-5/Division Title

Eli Manning
    289 of 479 (60.3%) for 3,238 yards, 21 touchdowns, 10 interceptions, passer rating of 86.4
    Season Outcome: 12-4/Division Title

Now in fairness to Eli, again, he isn't asked to do as much as some other QB's are. But I believe that's because of his limitations. You simply do not want the game in Eli's hands if you need to win. That's what Brandon Jacobs is for.
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

In a display of statistical analysis that proves I have too much time on my hands, I did a quick and dirty analysis of the Dolphins vs. the Giants this year in terms of their respective records and how they achieved them:

The Dolphins played teams who went a combined 118-138 (.461 winning percentage). The teams they beat went a combined 70-106 (.398 winning percentage) and the teams they lost to were 48-32 (.600 winning percentage).

They beat teams by a total average margin of victory (over the full 16 games, that is) of 1.75 points. They won by an average of 8.18 points per game, but they lost by an average of 12.4 points per game. So when playing superior competition, they tended to be beaten badly as compared to the way they beat the inferior teams.

For the Giants, they played teams who went a combined 127-126-3 (.503 winning percentage). The teams they beat went a combined 95-95-1 (.501 winning percentage) and the teams they lost to were 32-31 (.508 winning percentage).

They beat teams by a total average margin of victory (over the full 16 games, that is) of 8.31 points. They won by an average of 14.42 points per game and lost by an average of 10 points per game.

So basically, the Giants played better teams, beat better teams, and beat them more handily than the Dolphins did.

What does this mean? Not a thing ...
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

You forgot the most important stat....

The Giants are the defending superbowl champions, the Dolphins are coming off a 1-15 season in which no one expected them to be better than 5-11.

And no, they didn't tend to be beaten badly by superior teams, they had one BAD blowout loss to the Cardinals and one to the Patriots.

On the flipside, they blew out the Patriots and beat the Chargers, so they CAN play against superior opposition when they need arises.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Don't know what to say anymore.Same old Jets.Different cast,same result.I should have known better than to get excited too soon.At least Mangini got the ax today.He was as resposible as anyone and we all know you can't fire the players.
    CR 1978
    CR 1983
    CR 1984
    POLY 1996
    POLY 2005
    POLY 2006
    POLY 2007
    POLY 2008

Post Thanks / Like

Ah philly fans -you always have to knock the Giants dont you?
    Yes their running game can be phenominal- back in the early part of the season i seem to recall teams putting 8 guys in the box, and jacobs & the o-line still pounding it down their throats, and no one being able to stop them. So like it or not they are the team to beat. Eli has had a number of recievers who will not be with the team for this playoff run. Of course their passing attack is going to suffer.
    The Giants coaching staff had a great game plan against the Patriots & it showed. When the pats beat them at the end of last year- so many of the players said that they had not shown the pats everything & it was true. But give credit where credit is due. No one player on the giants was by themselves so much more responsible for the victory than any one else. If the spectacular catches were not made, If the defense didnt hold, if the running game was solid, who do you give it to?
    To call one person a fraud is a lot too much. You do not have to like him, nor do you have to like that he won the award. But he did. When you call someone who wins that award a fraud you are actually insulting more than him. I do not like that. He did not put himself up for the award. They (the NFL) are the ones who awarded it to him. Not you, not me. So are you calling the award a fraud, the people who gave it or everyone who has recieved it ?
    Please be more careful with the words you choose ian.
    If you said he didn't deserve the award, alright. But to call it a fraud... too much.

And yes if Philly wins this week will they get to play the giants again? Will it be more like the first game (giants win with Jacobs in the lineup- 8 men in the box and eli winning by passing) or will it be like the 2nd game- where the eagles deservidly won. Only time will tell.

Post Thanks / Like

I can't wait to see who will be playing the Giants.
    Cruises:
    Feb 12-16, 2012 (Dream), Oct 20-27, 2012 (Fantasy Eastern), Sept 8-12, 2013 (Dream) Jan 20-24, 2014 (Magic) Sept 14-18, 2015 (Dream) Sept 25-29, 2017 (Dream) Sept 22-29, 2018 (Fantasy Eastern) Sept 23-27, 2019 (Dream)

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by gueli View Post
    To call one person a fraud is a lot too much. You do not have to like him, nor do you have to like that he won the award. But he did. When you call someone who wins that award a fraud you are actually insulting more than him. I do not like that.
    I'm sorry you don't like it, but I stand by what I said.

Eli Manning did not deserve to be the Super Bowl MVP. He's mediocre. The NFL was salivating all over itself to hand him the trophy so they could get all the press involved with having brother QB's win the award in back-to-back seasons.

I'm not taking anything away from the Giants or their Super Bowl victory. They deserved to win it and I agree that, in the NFC, they're the team to beat this year.

But it irks me when people refer to Eli Manning as a "Super Bowl MVP quarterback", because it diminishes the accomplishments of the quarterbacks who came before him and truly earned that title.
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: