Quantcast Attn Jets Fans: Do We Get Excited Yet ?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Attn Jets Fans: Do We Get Excited Yet ?

So when do we start believing this team is for real ? We have been disappointed so many times before.I for one am taking a one game at a time approach.Watch every Sunday,get fired up with a win,but never too high.I don't want to be let down again. I almost don't want to let myself believe that this year could be special.
    CR 1978
    CR 1983
    CR 1984
    POLY 1996
    POLY 2005
    POLY 2006
    POLY 2007
    POLY 2008

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

No.
    We always wait untill the 'fat lady sings'.
    There historically have been so many collapses, even this late in the season, how can you not wait for the other shoe to drop? I think you have the right approach, one game at a time.

with that said though, we potentially are a contender.
    Its been sooooooo many long seasons, filled with heartache and dissapointment, that I am enjoying watching the gamesand not just cussin' at the TV.

What a difference this offseason has made. Outside of jett favre, almost every issue that was harped upon last year has been addressed. (3 man d line with no big guy, a porous O - line, every qb running for their lives). Now the play calling has been getting consistantly better, everyone is comfortable with the system, there is something special going on on the field.

Yes we could be great, and we can play with anyone (even the raiders) on any given sunday. But until we win the dance, no we do not get too exited. We watch and hope.

PS I am glad that Chad pennington is doing so well down in miami. He was/is always a class act, and he played his heart out for the jets while he was here. I am glad that he is now able to help another team. I just do not want him to lead his team to a victory agenst us on the last game of the season

Post Thanks / Like

I will be there on Dec 28 and will give Chad a warm welcome but after that its all business.Class act is just the perfect description for him.
    CR 1978
    CR 1983
    CR 1984
    POLY 1996
    POLY 2005
    POLY 2006
    POLY 2007
    POLY 2008

Post Thanks / Like

I KNEW it was too early to get excited
    CR 1978
    CR 1983
    CR 1984
    POLY 1996
    POLY 2005
    POLY 2006
    POLY 2007
    POLY 2008

Post Thanks / Like

we knew it.
    their d was flat

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coach48 View Post
    So when do we start believing this team is for real ? We have been disappointed so many times before.I for one am taking a one game at a time approach.Watch every Sunday,get fired up with a win,but never too high.I don't want to be let down again. I almost don't want to let myself believe that this year could be special.
    Awww...I clicked this all excited because I thought it was about my Winnipeg Jets.

Chris
    Remembering the Magic:
    March 1997 - Off site
    March 1999 - Caribbean Beach Resort
    May 2007 - Pop Century & Caribbean Beach Resort
    September 2007 - Pop Century Resort
    August 2008 - Coronado Springs Resort

UP NEXT::
    October 2009//MNSSHP//CSR!!

Post Thanks / Like

The only teams right now that should get excited are the Titans and the Giants. All the other teams need to hold that in reserve.

The Ravens would be in the playoffs if they started now but if they play poorly they will be out of it.

The Steelers are the number two seed in the AFC, but if they lose to Dallas on Sunday and then lose to Baltimore on the 14th, they could not only be out of the #2 seed, they could be out of the playoffs all together.

One should enjoy the meaningful games in December and know that looking too far down the road can spell disaster.

Post Thanks / Like

just to comment-

the giants are the team to beat. This sunday (vs eagles) with all the off field stuff (plaxico buress mess) we will see if they stumble or are still at the top of their game.

the Titans- after getting pasted by the Jets, their strengths and weakness' were exposed. Not quite the dominant force they were, but likley the #1 afc seed.

Baltimore has a legitimate shot, but they need to win most of their remaing games. Again- The Giants showed that even against the #1 run defense they were overpowering in all phases. The ravens have one of those consitantly tough defenses and they seem to be hitting their stride on offense. I believe they will make the playoffs.

The steelers need to win consistantly against tough opposition.

The jets staggered and fell hard. Their schedule is a bear with 2 west coast jaunts (seahawks & SF) with 2 divisional games in between (buffalo & Miami). Likely to make the playoffs, but they have to win 3 of 4.

Teams on the hunt-
    colts & dolphins. cowboys are finally playing upto their potential.
    One team to watch out for- New england. They will always be dangerous.
    It looks like denver will win afc west- but tey have to be consistant.

Rbrooksc- you are correct - we all should enjoy the meaningful games of december.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm on the verge of being distraught.I let myself get caught up in the 5 game winning streak even after I preached taking it one game at a time.The Jets can very easily be on the outside looking in.Buffalo would love to play spoiler,and against all odds Miami is looking like a really good football team.Chad has to be salivating waiting for Dec 28
    CR 1978
    CR 1983
    CR 1984
    POLY 1996
    POLY 2005
    POLY 2006
    POLY 2007
    POLY 2008

Post Thanks / Like

It aint over yet...

Again- We need to WIN.

We have seen our potential & now some teams have shown us our weakness'. It is not time to panic, but I do not expect New England to loose again this season.

Its 16 games. We will see where we are when the dust settles.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coach48 View Post
    I'm on the verge of being distraught.I let myself get caught up in the 5 game winning streak even after I preached taking it one game at a time.The Jets can very easily be on the outside looking in.Buffalo would love to play spoiler,and against all odds Miami is looking like a really good football team.Chad has to be salivating waiting for Dec 28
    But would you want the season to end ANY other way but Jets/Dolphins fighting for 1st place?

It's what football fans live for. The disposed QB coming back to his old stomping grounds to try and knock his old team out of he playoffs.

That game will definitely be bumped to Sunday night.

All I can say is....how bout dem Dolphins?

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the mention about the Colts, but those of us living in the land of the Big Blue know that there are too many weak links in this year's team for any kind of win against a strong team.

There are just too many new players and too many injured players to have a first class team this year. And as long as we continue to live with one game a year Sanders for our defense we are never going to have a chance. I am the first to agree that Bob Sanders is easily the best defensive player in the league at the moment but he is too fragile to depend on.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    I am the first to agree that Bob Sanders is easily the best defensive player in the league at the moment but he is too fragile to depend on.
    Easily?

There's this guy named Porter in South Florida who might have something to say about that.

Post Thanks / Like

I almost couldn't bring myself to write anything else about my team,but at least Mangini is out.Hopefully Woody Johnson will write a blank check for Cowher and give him whatever he wants.We need someone with his passion for the game on the sideline.Someone with his in game skills.Someone with a winning attitude.
    CR 1978
    CR 1983
    CR 1984
    POLY 1996
    POLY 2005
    POLY 2006
    POLY 2007
    POLY 2008

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry.
    We peaked too early.

And while the players have said good things about the coaching staff- I question some of the decisions, and why we couldn't win a single game on the west coast.

With mangini (also see my rant under brett favre) all his hiding of player injuries and stuff like that makes it hard for us to be more understanding. Truthfully he put up a shield around himself & any info from the team- It kept us -the lowly fans- from being able to see anything beyond the performance on the field.

Still, like many seasons there is hope.
    Yes Cowher could come in and give us what we need. If for some reason he doesn't want it, I hope we get the Giants defensive coordinator (spagnoli ? is that the correct name- I mean no disrespect I am bad with names).

The team has as solid foundation. We know we can win & beat just about anyone- just ask the titans. Next year, ah there is always next year.

And again, I hope Pennington can take the fish as far as possible- he has always had my respect.

And coach - as I said early on- never trust the jets until they win it all.
    At least we do not have Kotite anymore .

Win Loose Die or tie (and yeah we died again) I will root for my team and hope they ind a way to the promised land.

Gueli

Post Thanks / Like

I'm with you on that gueli...theres always next year.The sad refrain of a Jet fan.
    CR 1978
    CR 1983
    CR 1984
    POLY 1996
    POLY 2005
    POLY 2006
    POLY 2007
    POLY 2008

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by gueli View Post
    With mangini (also see my rant under brett favre) all his hiding of player injuries and stuff like that makes it hard for us to be more understanding. Truthfully he put up a shield around himself & any info from the team- It kept us -the lowly fans- from being able to see anything beyond the performance on the field.
    You know, you could also be describing Andy Reid here ... he's exactly the same way.

And these coaches wonder why they aren't more "beloved" by the fans???
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

The Jets should go after Shanahan now that Cowher rejected them

Woody is going to kill your franchise by standing fast in his insistence that Favre stays.

No established coach is going to want to come in to an organization without picking their own QB.

Favre is the main reason Cowher said no.

Post Thanks / Like

If cowher goes to the broncos than I will believe that Favre is the reason. From what I hear he just isn't interested in coaching this year...

As far as Favre goes..well maybe he will.
    I think woody doesn't want to send Favre the wrong message in case the new coach still wants Favre (why would he?). But in comments said after Mangeni was fired, the Jets indicated that Favre may not stay, depending on what the new coach wants. I believe that if Favre retires before the draft, that the jets get like a 7th round pick from Green Bay.
    Favre is going to need time to heal, perhaps he will take the time to heal during his retirement. Ah wishful thinking.
    PS I also heard comments that Thomas Jones said- I tend to agree with him.
    Ah dissention in the rudderless locker room.
    Cant wait to see what the jets next move is...

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

From all I've heard, I think there's a near zero percent chance that Favre comes back next year.

His attitude, to me, seemed to be, "Well, this was a failed experiment!"
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: