Quantcast Tell me about Hilton Head

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tell me about Hilton Head

My DH will be going to stay in the DVC at Hilton Head in October 09. I have never been to HH before. We will be driving down from PA. Is the resort nice? How about the beach house what is that like? Do you have to drive to the beach or do they have a shuttle? What is there around the Island ? Is Charleston far away? We are hoping to have a relaxing vacation but we would like somethings to do. We are not big "nightlife" people and my husband does play golf. ( I usually ride along and drive the cart)Any info would be helpfull! Thanks
    "A dream is a wish your heart makes"
    Upcoming trips
    March 2013 for Garden Festival
    October 2013 Food and Wine!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We live about 30 min for HHI. We have not been to the DVC. Oct is a good time to go. Tourist season is over. So traffic is manageable, if you want to drive anywhere. Still warm enough in the day to go to the beach, could get a little cool at night. There is a ton of golf, just take your pick. Plenty of shopping and places to eat. There is a small shopping mall within walking distance of the resort. Charleston is about an 1 1/2 drive, Savannah Ga is about 40 min drive.

Post Thanks / Like

HHI is a great place to relax. There is a shuttle to the beach, but we always drive. There are several nature walks and talks that are really well done. We have enjoyed the kayak tours and harbortown is pretty cool. We went on a dolphin tour once as well. We never get bored there.
    Faith, Family, Fidelity, Fun

'88 - Honeymoon
    '02 - ASmovie
    '03 - VWL
    '04 - HHI
    '05 - DCL, BCV
    '06 - HHI
    '07 - POR, VWL, POP/BWV
    '09 - BWV, BCV/SSR
    '10 - BWV
    '12 - AKV/BCV, VWL
    '13 - AKV
    '15 - BCV, AKV
    '16 - AKV
    '18 - VWL
    '19 - OKW, THV, GF
    '20 - BWV
    '21 - AKL/OKW

Post Thanks / Like

I stayed there with my wife, 2 boys and parents back in 2002. We had a very good time. There are a ton of good restaurants around and the beach that Disney owns is very nice. It's more of a relaxing vacation than a get up and go vacation.

A couple of things that stood out from our vacation: 1) we went there in May and I was pleasantly surprised by how warm the ocean was (although it could have been my thick winter blood), and 2) we took the dolphin tour and had a very good time. Saw dolphins, jellyfish and the like...

One not so pleasant memory was the fact that I got stung by a sting-ray. OUCH! Those suckers hurt. I had to go to the ER, get a tetanus shot, and take anti-biotics... not to mention my foot was swollen for 2 weeks. Just remember to shuffle your feet when you walk in the ocean and not step...
    Matt

-Married: Awesome Wife and 2 Great Boys; Civil Engineer; University of Michigan Alumnus/Fan
    -Walt Disney World fanatic since 1971!
    -DVC (OKW) Member since 1996
    -Next Vacation: ????

Post Thanks / Like

We may go here in June- i wonder if its too buggy then?
    Bryan

DVC since 02, Poly 89-90, Tokyo 98, CB 99, Swan 01, WL 06 ,08, 10, BLT 11, HHI 12, OKW 12-13, BC 03-05, 07-09, 11, 13,16 , 17
    Contemporary 05, 13, GC DLR 15, VeroBeach 16, AoA 16

"There's Blood on the saddle, and Blood all around...."Big Al-

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: