Quantcast What to bring for a Cabin stay?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default What to bring for a Cabin stay?

Staying in the cabins for the first time. I understand the kitchen is fairly stocked with cookware/dining ware. Do I need to bring dishwasher detergent? Paper towel? Dishtowels? Any other thoughts on things you were glad you brought and/or wish you had brought?

We are on the DDP, so don't expect to do much cooking/eating, but will definitely snack/graze, and probably have light meal / breakfast. It will be me, DH, DD10 and DS3.75.
    Daytrip 2001
    HI FamilySuites (now Nick Hotel) 2003
    POR - 2005
    WL 2006, 2007

Cabins 2008
    Jan. '10 DS turns 5 - quick trip with Mommy at ASMo
    June '10 Grand Gathering at the Cabins
    Fall '11 POP last minute surprise
    Summer 2012 Beach Club and Cars Art of Animation

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

They have paper towels, dish towels, and dishwasher detergent there. In fact, housekeeping would run the dishwasher for us when we left in the morning. I always bring coffee and coffee filters, tea bags, sugar, salt, pepper. They have plenty of dishes and silverware, pots, pans, toaster, coffee maker there.
    VMK Nachocat

Post Thanks / Like

What about a kettle? Should I pack my small electric one for morning tea?
    Daytrip 2001
    HI FamilySuites (now Nick Hotel) 2003
    POR - 2005
    WL 2006, 2007

Cabins 2008
    Jan. '10 DS turns 5 - quick trip with Mommy at ASMo
    June '10 Grand Gathering at the Cabins
    Fall '11 POP last minute surprise
    Summer 2012 Beach Club and Cars Art of Animation

SFTrny Guest

If you really want a kettle, then I would pack one. I don't remember the cabins having one. The cabins are stocked, but it is a basic set of utensils. We back a kitchen kit to go with us that includes some favorite extras as well as condiments in small sizes. We pick up some extra paper towels. Our first time there, we were surprised that there wasn't a bottle opener in the kitechen. We cook a lot in the cabins, so we have a list of things that we like to bring: Salt, Pepper, Spices, Sugar, Muffin cups, Chop Sticks, Hot Chocolate mix, Coffee filters, Bottle opener, Corkscrew , Candle, matches, ziploc bags, foil.

Compared to a house, it's close quarters in the cabin, so the candle is a great way to get rid of any cooking smells before the family goes to sleep.

Post Thanks / Like

There wasn't a kettle, but if you want to heat the water in a small saucepan they do have one of those. It's an electric stove, so it does take a little while to heat up for those of us who are used to gas.

We do a lot of cooking when we're there - food allergy kids, so it's less stress for us to make food some days as well as economical. The dishes and cookware are definitely minimal if you're making a full meal for a family - but all the little cleaning extras are there, plus excellent housekeeping service. If you're just eating light meals and snacks, you should be set for dishes/cookware.

I mail down a box in advance with the food basics that we won't want to buy a full size of down there or won't be able to get there (due to the allergy stuff).

Post Thanks / Like

Besides your kettle, you should not need to bring anything else if you do no plan on doing much cooking. If you do plan on using the outdoor grill, bring tongs, lighter fluid, and charcoal. As mentioned earlier, there are no condiments supplied. Bring sugar, salt, pepper, etc..
    We love the cabins!!! I hope you enjoy them as much as we do.
    BKJ

Wilderness Lodge May '13
    FW Campsite Jan '13
    FW Cabins May '11
    FW Campsite Dec '10
    Offsite Nov '10
    FW Cabins May '10
    FW Cabins Dec '09
    FW Cabins May '09
    FW Campsite Dec '08
    FW Cabins May '07
    Swan Dec '06
    FW Cabins May '06
    Offsite June '99
    FW Campsite Aug '79
    Contemporary '76

Post Thanks / Like

I have to agree the cabins are great! They also have a full size refrigerator with an ice maker.They do have those little coffee packets with a few sugars/equal. We have stayed in the cabins numerous times. Were now RV owners. Let me know if I can help you in anyway!

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Not quite kitchen gear -

Especially with a toddler, I'd recommend two or three night lights too.

Jan

Post Thanks / Like

I have a question about the coffee makers - what kind of filters do they require? Cone or regular?

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: