Quantcast Tattoos - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tattoos

Post Thanks / Like

I really considered the Horseshoe, but thought that would a bit excessive!

I got mine down on Spring Break in Ft. Myers. I have heard a few places around Broad Ripple are good, but I forget the names.

What are you thinking about getting?
    I want to get the crest of the Liverpool Football Club in England on one of my upper arms. On the botom I would put the initials "LFC" and on the top I would put "The 96" in memory fans who died in the Hillsborough tragedy that occured on April 15, 1989 in England.

I know you probably don't know what some of that is, but there you go.
    "When I think of vacation, I think of Disney. I really do. They allow you just to open up your imagination and just be a kid again. There's nothing like it in the world."

"There's no rest on planetary duty." -Paul Watson

You'll Never Walk Alone - Justice For The 96!!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Davyjones View Post
    I want to get the crest of the Liverpool Football Club in England on one of my upper arms. On the botom I would put the initials "LFC" and on the top I would put "The 96" in memory fans who died in the Hillsborough tragedy that occured on April 15, 1989 in England.

I know you probably don't know what some of that is, but there you go.
    I have heard of LFC, but did not know about hte tragedy.
    As long as the tat has some meaning for you, that is all that matters!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tattoos

I don't particularly like them, so I don't have any. I think that it's a personal choice.

I always did wonder about the Chinese ones. What if there's a "spelling" mistake? Or maybe they don't mean what you think they do. Maybe instead of "good luck" it means "this end up" or "stupid white person".

I think it's Buyer Beware. As a previous poster said, educate yourself, make sure it's a hygienic environment, and if you really want a tattoo, get it.

Good luck with your decision.
    Lisaj13
    Disneyland - Four times
    Disney World - Three times

Post Thanks / Like

I don't mind them on other people, I think they are too permanent for me.

Good Luck!

Julie
    Next Up:

Summer 2018... WE ARE BACK!!!
    2 families
    4 teenagers and Larry
    Taking on the parks!

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with what previous people have said, go somewhere clean and if they don't want to answer your questions then don't let them do it. It's also good if theres a waiting list, this means they're popular and do good work. I also recommend getting the tattoo now as apposed to during the summer. My DBF has one and says that getting it during the summer fades the ink faster because it's more accessible to sunlight during those months. Don't pick something on the wall of the tattoo shop. Research other tattoos people have gotten. If you know someone whos an artist you can explain to them what you want and bring it to the tattoos place to have them replicate it. Get something that means something to you because you're stuck with it forever unless you get lazer removal which I hear can be painful and itchy afterwards. Have fun getting your tattoo and good luck!
    Carribean Beach '95
    Wilderness Lodge '96 '97 '98
    All Star Music '00 '01 '04
    Off-site '03
    All Star Movie '05 '06
    All Star Music 07'
    Pop Century with DBF Sep 08'
    Pop Century with family March 09'

Next trip: Disney and Universal Studios April 2015!

PINK!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pink View Post
    My DBF has one and says that getting it during the summer fades the ink faster because it's more accessible to sunlight during those months.
    That's a good point! The shop where I had mine done made me put it off for a few weeks because we had a trip to Disney planned - they said the sun and the swimming would be the worst thing for a new tattoo (well, I believe a new tattoo can't be submerged in water for long periods of time for awhile) so I had to wait until we got back.
    Jen aka conorsmom2000

1977 - Fort Wilderness
    1995, 2005, 2006 - Wilderness Lodge
    2017 - Coronado Springs
    2024 - Caribbean Beach

Post Thanks / Like

DS18 just got a tattoo the other day (he attends Oswego State). It's on the back of his shoulder. A shamrock with the Boston Red Sox "B" in the middle. I have not seen it yet; but will in November when he comes home for a weekend. He did send me a pic via cell phone and it looked nice.
    TRACEY
    șOș

Disneyland as a kid
    11/02-POFQ * 07/04-Disneyland PPH * 11/05-AKL * 10/08-CBR * 12/10-WL * 11/11-AKL * 11/12-AKL * 11/13-GF * 11/14-AKL * 06/15-Poly * 12/15-YC * 5/16-BWI * 12/16-BC * 5/17-Poly * 10/17-GF * 12/18-POFQ * 12/19-YC * 12/20-CSR * 12/21-BC * 3/22-CSR

Next: 9/22*BWI

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lisaj13 View Post
    II always did wonder about the Chinese ones. What if there's a "spelling" mistake? Or maybe they don't mean what you think they do. Maybe instead of "good luck" it means "this end up".
    LOL I always wondered that too!

Visits:
    1997 - day trip
    Sept. 2006 - WL
    May 2007 - WL
    May 2009 - WL
    May 2010 - WL
    May 2012 - WL
    May 2015- WL Girls Trip!!!
    May 2017 -POR Girls Trip!
    May 2018 - WL Girls Trip
    May 2019 - WL Girls Trip!

Post Thanks / Like

I bet there are quite a few people we all know that have Tatoos, and don't even know it.

I know alot of my co-workers, and family members do not know about mine.

Post Thanks / Like

I have 2 planned. one an honorarium for my mom who passed away 4 yrs ago which will be the face of the small world mickey mouse watch which my mom was known for as she wore it all the time, the time will be set to 12:15 which is the date of her birthday and and I will have her initials in disney script below it. That one will go on my calf. The other one I want is the philadelphia eagles logo on my right arm maybe with some tribal behind it. I haven't really put alot into the design of that one yet.
    -Chris R.

"We now face the danger, which in the past has been the most destructive to the humans: Success, plenty, comfort and ever-increasing leisure. No dynamic people has ever survived these dangers." --John Steinbeck

Post Thanks / Like

Default tattoos

i love them, as i am burnt over most of my body i have just a few places i can get a tattoo, i have mickey on my left chest area and pooh with my kids names on my back shoulder. one thing girls need to know if you get one on your lower back make sure it is high enough so you can see it. my daughter-in-law and her sister got theirs so low nobody can see it, my daughter got hers higher, she learnt from them also remember someday you may get a job and you don;t want them to be seen. my youngest is a teacher and hers are all well placed so they do not show for school. i love them and all my kids and 2 grandkids have lovely ones. thank goodness.
    Justice11

Post Thanks / Like

I don't like them, never have and never will.
    My dad had them and they were so muddled together on an old man that you couldn't tell what they were. He didn't remember what most were either! Tradition that every time you cross the Int. date line or the equator (Iforget which) in the service you get a tattoo.
    My DH wanted to get my name on his arm years ago, I told him that if he did he would need to add.... "divorced me" under it!
    I have told my DS that I paid for him to be born and have paid his way ever since and if he wants a tattoo he would have to pay me back first because I paid for his body and until he buys it back it's mine and there is no graffitti allowed!!!!
    I have seen them on others and they look nice but I just remember what they looked like on an old man.
    Also, there is nothing I want perm. on my body!
    THat is just my Opinion so don't take what I have to say as an insult anyone, it's your body to do with what you want.
    Dolphin & POFQ 2010

POFQ 2008

ALL STAR MUSIC August 2007

POP August 2006

Coronado Springs 2005

DCL trip December 2005

WDW DOLPHIN July 2004

WDW DOLPHIN JUNE 2002

WDW DOLPHIN March 1998

WDW OFF PROPERTY March 1994

DL Honeymoon 1987

Post Thanks / Like

I've been thinking about it for a couple of years but not sure where to get it and a bit hesitant that I will regret it. After all, I can't even commit to a bumper sticker. LOL With that being said, I would love to have a Tinkerbell and I like the idea of pixie dust. It looks great on conorsmom2000
    Jenn

1974 * 1985 * 1993 * 1997 * 1997 * 2000 * 2002 * 2004 * 2005
    Oct 06 CBR/AKL
    Dec 06 ASM
    Oct 07 POP
    June 08 POFQ
    Sept 08 SSR
    Jan 09 SSR
    May/June 09 BCV/AKV
    Aug 09 AKV
    Oct 09 AKV
    Christmas 09 BLT