Quantcast Post Hurrican Ike Fall Fun "Redo" Trip-Day 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Post Hurrican Ike Fall Fun "Redo" Trip-Day 2

Day 2-Disney Hollywood Studios

We both got up very early to get ready for our one and only Hollywood Studios day. We went down to the Pop food court for breakfast that morning and DH got a breakfast plate. I don’t really eat breakfast, but prefer to eat earlier lunches, so I just shared a little of his.

We waited at the bus stop for a few minutes with hardly anyone, and then the bus came to take us to Hollywood Studios! We arrived about 45 minutes before park opening. While we were waiting we talked to a couple in front of us who were on their Honeymoon. DH is very friendly and he struck up many conversations with people while in WDW. We talked about favorite rides, and a little about our personal lives with the couple. They had not planned to go to MNSSHP but myself and another couple of girls behind be worked on convincing them to attend that nights party. DH and I weren’t going until Sunday, but we had been to a party last year. The guy was kind of on the fence, but his wife was totally on board and she had seemed to convince him to rework their plans to go that night. I didn’t see them again, so I’m not sure if they went, but they seemed to be having so much fun that morning on their honeymoon.

They let us into the park and we stood behind the rope on Hollywood Blvd. They did the best opening ceremony and we all cheered when they dropped the rope. We walked fast/ran slowly to Toy Story Mania…. Everyone did! It was nuts! We stood in line for a fastpass first, and then we got into the stand by line. We probably waited 30 minutes at opening! The ride is really awesome though. I haven’t had that much fun on a ride in a long time. The graphics are amazing and it’s so fun playing. I think I have figured out that accuracy really won’t get you more points. You really have to just pull that string like crazy and aim high for the most points. After we were done with our first time we went over to Rockin’ Roller Coaster. I do not like roller coasters so DH goes on these rides by himself. He walked straight on in the single rider line and said he had a blast!

After he rode with Aerosmith, we went back to Toy Story Mania to redeem our fastpasses. This was our second and final time this trip to ride and this time I just pulled the string like crazy. I got more points, but less accuracy. DH still beat me! We took pictures of our score both times so we could remember.

After Toy Story Mania what I mostly remember was wandering around doing certain rides and shows in no particular order. The one thing we had missed last time that we really wanted to do was the Animation Building. You get an opportunity to draw one character. We had done this last year in Disneyland and we had learned Donald. DH loves to draw and so he was drawing Donald every chance he got. Finally, we learned a new character… Pluto! It was so much fun to learn to draw Disney Characters, I recommend it to anyone!

We ate an early lunch at the ABC commissary. We shared the Cuban sandwich and Chocolate Mousse. I think of all the CS desserts, this was DH’s favorite, and he is not a dessert person. The sandwich was not bad, probably the best counter service at Hollywood Studios, but still, that’s not saying a whole lot as most of the CS at that park is not that great. We later saw Indiana Jones, which by the way is an even better stunt show after you have recently seen all the movies again. I saw Beauty and the Beast for the first time in a few years and loved it. We also saw Muppets, Voyage of the Little Mermaid, and The Great Movie Ride.

At 4pm we went to our reservations at Mama Melrose. Now, we had the dining plan, and we had gotten it free in the Bounceback promotion the year before, but now of course tips were not included. I brought cash in order to not automatically let the server know what they were getting before we left. I guess I just feel it is bad etiquette. We always tipped between 18-20%, but we always left cash.

Because we were on the Fantasmic Dining Package, we did get appetizers with this meal. I got the tomato and mozzarella, DH got the breads and spreads. Both were very good! We both got the steak for our meal; DH did not get the gorgonzola cheese. We both loved our steaks and thought the polenta that went with them was so delicious! I got the Tiramisu and I can’t remember what DH got for dessert. I just thought it was ok, I have had better, fresher Tiramisu from Mama Melrose before. It tasted like they made it somewhere else then just brought it into the restaurant later.

After Mama Melrose, we went on the Backlot Tour in which we just love Catastrophe Canyon! This was one element of a ride that actually fooled DH when he first came to WDW in 2005. We do think the Pearl Harbor reference is way outdated though and it could use some freshening up a bit.

After Backlot, we walked over to Fantasmic and found a seat. When the show came on it was as good as ever! I think when we come back in May after our Cruise we will not be able to see it because they are not having it every night anymore, which means when they do show it, it will probably be crowded. This is a great show, but not my favorite nighttime show so who knows when I will get to see it again.

We made our way back to Pop Century after Fantasmic, but stopped to take pictures of the Hat at night. DH is very good with the digital camera. He is a video producer for a living and so he understands how to take really good pictures. I am hopeless with the digital camera, so he is in charge.

The one thing I really never enjoy about staying at a value resort is the really long line that forms for the bus at park closing. This night was not too bad, but oh man, other nights it was a really long line! They are good about providing other buses quickly, but after a day full of waiting, the last thing you seem to have patience for is waiting to get on a bus to go back to your room.

We got back and watched us some Seinfeld and then fell asleep in anticipation of Animal Kingdom.
    Laura

1999, 2001, 2002, 2004 , 2005
    2006 Animal Kingdom Lodge-HONEYMOON
    2007 Disneyland
    2007 Port Orleans Riverside
    2008 Pop Century
    May 2009 Disney Cruise-Wonder
    December 2009-Disney at Christmas

****Disneyventures...A Place for Happy Endings****

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Laura, that sounds like a fantastic day!! So glad you enjoyed yourself. We never even made it to TSM this past trip. Maybe mom and I will catch it in November.. thanks for sharing!!

~Cheryl~

2x's as a child, 2003 - Music, 2005 - Pop, 2007 - Music (Sept.), 2007- Movies (SSW), 2008-Movies, 2008 - Movies (Nov), 2009 - Movies (June)

2010- March - not booked but going for youngests 7th birthday!!

Post Thanks / Like

Oh! I forgot to mention that when we got back to the resort we got our room change to the king bed room. We moved over the the 1960's buildings on the left of the hippy dippy pool, but not facing the pool. They move your luggage for you, so all you have to do is go get your new key to the world!
    Laura

1999, 2001, 2002, 2004 , 2005
    2006 Animal Kingdom Lodge-HONEYMOON
    2007 Disneyland
    2007 Port Orleans Riverside
    2008 Pop Century
    May 2009 Disney Cruise-Wonder
    December 2009-Disney at Christmas

****Disneyventures...A Place for Happy Endings****

Post Thanks / Like

What a fun-filled day! TSM is a blast, isn't it?!

You ate dinner at one of our favorite restaurants - glad you enjoyed your meal!

Thanks for sharing!
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a great day. And TSM sounds like so much fun.
    November 2010 Disneyland
    December 2009 Disneyland
    March 2008 Disneyland
    December 2007 Disneyland
    September 2007 All Star Music
    August 2007 Disneyland
    October 2006 Offsite
    December 2003 POR
    June 2001 All Star Music

Post Thanks / Like

What a great day!
    Danielle

First Trip: April 1977
    Last Trip:- June 15-June 27 BLT and Vero Beach
    Next Trip: June 20-30 Vero Beach

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for a great report! You did exactly what we did last month for TSM..we walked/ran after rope drop, then got our fastpasses, then went on stand by! Totally worth it, it was so much fun!
    Lisa
    Multiple visits over Multiple years
    30 plus stays at Disney's Polynesian resort

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for reporting on your great day!

Julie
    Next Up:

Summer 2018... WE ARE BACK!!!
    2 families
    4 teenagers and Larry
    Taking on the parks!

Post Thanks / Like

What a fun and full day! Glad you got your room switched around!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent report- sounds like a very fun day-
    Bryan

DVC since 02, Poly 89-90, Tokyo 98, CB 99, Swan 01, WL 06 ,08, 10, BLT 11, HHI 12, OKW 12-13, BC 03-05, 07-09, 11, 13,16 , 17
    Contemporary 05, 13, GC DLR 15, VeroBeach 16, AoA 16

"There's Blood on the saddle, and Blood all around...."Big Al-

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Thanks for the Report!
    ºoº David, Lisa, Aaron and Allison
    98-PO
    00-CB & ASMo
    01-Swan
    02-CS
    03-POR
    04-POP
    05-PO / CR
    07-PO / CR
    08-ASMu
    09-AKL
    10-CR, CS & PP DL
    11-NB DLP & SSR
    12-BLT & BLT
    13-GC DL & BLT
    15-Aulani & BLT
    16-ASMu & GC DL
    17-BWI, THV, CSR, BLT
    18-BLT, OKW, OKW, CBR, GF & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

sounds like a great day at the studios!!! you guys sure did manage to get alot donw today!
    *bRiTTaNy*
    35 trips to WDW already...
    May 2012 - Daughters first trip - one bedroom Villa at Wilderness Lodge
    Sept 2012 - Pirate room at CBR
    Dec 2014 - SSR -second daughters first trip and my older daughters 5th Birthday!!

Post Thanks / Like

Another great day. I have to do TSM, so hopefully we'll make it there in May. Thanks for sharing.
    Kristen and Ben
    Next - 8/7-15 @ OKW w/Kakn7294 & Taylor & Joline; 12/16 Disney Wonder&12/19 SSR; July '10 @ VWL w/Kakn7294 - Nursing School Graduation Party ; Aug '11 Disney Dream; F&WF '11
    DVC Owners @ SSR & AKV & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the trip report.
    Upcoming:
    October 2013
    8 nights at Pop Century with Free Dining to celebrate DS turning 4 years old!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

What a nice day. Sounded like a lot of fun. Can't wait to ride TSM. Thanks for sharing.
    LIZ
    Disneyland-Too many times to count
    WDW
    APRIL 2005 - Offsite
    DECEMBER 2006 - Fort Wilderness
    OCTOBER 2007-Saratoga Springs Resort
    SEPTEMBER 2009-OKW

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a really great trip!
    I am excited to ride TSM.
    Glad to hear you enjoyed it!
    "Im a storyteller. Of all the things I've ever done, I'd like to be remembered as a storyteller." Walt Disney

The mighty Roman Empire bridged 3 continents with a vast system of roads. The fastest information highways the world had ever known.
    East, West, North and South, all roads led to Rome

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: