Quantcast HndrdPrcnt In Need of your Prayers...Round 2 *UPDATE 10/13* - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

My prayers are with you as well.

Visits:
    1997 - day trip
    Sept. 2006 - WL
    May 2007 - WL
    May 2009 - WL
    May 2010 - WL
    May 2012 - WL
    May 2015- WL Girls Trip!!!
    May 2017 -POR Girls Trip!
    May 2018 - WL Girls Trip
    May 2019 - WL Girls Trip!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Add me to your INTERCOT prayer chain, John. Keep us updated on how you're doing.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

John, I have watched your story & progress over the last couple of years, and have been inspired by your faith and perseverance, your positive outlook and the ability you have to always look towards the positves, even when I know you must have deep, personal fears and rough days.

You are truly an inspiration to SO many, and we will be keeping you and your family in our prayers daily.
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

God Bless you and your family, John. I will keep you all in my prayers. Take Care!
    Karen

DVC Owners at SSR & BLT
    1994-Offsite Honeymoon
    2003-May ASM-1st Time for Kids
    2005-Feb AKL
    2006-May SSR
    2006-Aug OKW
    2007-May VWL
    2007-Aug SSR
    2008- May BWV
    2009- Aug Cruise (Wonder) & WDW
    2009 -Dec Last minute Christmas trip
    2010-May BLT

2011- Aug- DISNEY DREAM!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Sendings God's blessing and an angel to sit on your shoulder to keep watch over you.
    I pray that things go well for you.
    Dolphin & POFQ 2010

POFQ 2008

ALL STAR MUSIC August 2007

POP August 2006

Coronado Springs 2005

DCL trip December 2005

WDW DOLPHIN July 2004

WDW DOLPHIN JUNE 2002

WDW DOLPHIN March 1998

WDW OFF PROPERTY March 1994

DL Honeymoon 1987

Post Thanks / Like

John,
    You and your family are on my prayer list.
    Please continue to keep us posted on your progress.
    God Bless.
    Jeanie
    Next Trips:
    March 2014 - Wilderness Lodge
    Past Trips:
    June 2012- POP Century
    May 2008- Wilderness Lodge
    October 2007- Pop Century
    May 2006- Wilderness Lodge
    August 1996- Off Site
    Several Trips to Disney Land & World as a kid

Post Thanks / Like

Lean not on our own understandings, but trust in the Lord with all your heart.

I will be praying for you and your family.

07/87 - Disneyland
    09/92 - OFF (honeymoon)
    08/06 - POP
    06/08 - POP

Post Thanks / Like

My New York portion of the INTERCOT prayer chain is intact. Please let us know how you are doing.
    šš*:•

"Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Fantasy!"

Post Thanks / Like

Default Update: Scan Completed...Results on Monday

So yesterday was the scan...and to be completly honest....it was a nightmare! It took 3 people and 5 attempts to finally hit a vein so that they could inject the radioactive glucose. Then I had to spend an hour in a dark room doing nothing (well, actually I napped). Then on to the room where they did the scan (another 40 minute nap). I then had to go meet up with my boss and call on a few accounts and my wife drove home. On her way home, she was in a car accident. Luckily she was not hurt nor was there any major damage to either of the cars. However, the guy has already involved our auto insurance and so there goes a deductible and I am sure an increase in our auto insurance. Just what we need at a time like this. Looking at the glass being half-full though, I am just glad that my wife is ok and that she did not get hurt. Really, at this point, what's another bill????

We will be meeting with the medical oncologist on Monday to get the results and to hear all of our options for treatment. Please be in prayer that there is a clear cut path being made for us to beat this cancer!!

Thank you to everyone who is praying for us! While we have never met any of you, we do value each and every one of you!

God Bless!!
    John (aka HndrdPrcnt)

DL CM 1987 - 1994
    CM WDW Trips 87,89,90,92
    CBR 1994
    Beach Club 1998
    All Stars 2000
    POP Sept 25-Oct 2 2006

Post Thanks / Like

Boy, when it rains, it pours, doesn't it?

I am just glad that she's ok. Right now, that is all that should matter. I'm guessing it was her fault? I hope it wasn't, for money's sake.

I'm glad to hear the scan went alright (minus the sticks). You have no idea how elusive those veins can be! When you've been what you've been through already, the veins do not fair well. I'm glad they finally got it done, though.

Sending prayers (and pixie dust) for the results to be in your favor. Your faith is something I admire. When life is picking at me, I need to remember to have faith like yours. You are an inspiration.

Please keep us posted.
    Morgan- DVC, AP, Perfect Princess, Married at Disney
    Off-site * POFQ * ASMu * POR * FW * BWI/V * Dolphin * AKL-Jambo/Kidani * WL * ASSp * Swan * POP * CBR * OKW * CSR * ASMo * BLT * SSR * AoA * DCL-Platinum * DLParis * DLR

Post Thanks / Like

I'm very glad that your wife is okay after her accident. You and your family continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.
    Favorite trips:
    Citrus Bowl with the Pride of the Southland: 12/2001
    Pop Century: 08/2004
    Pop Century: 12/2006
    Pop Century: 05/2007

ș0șShannonș0ș

Post Thanks / Like

John, you and your family will absolutely be in me and my family's prayers. If you need anything you know the number and im sure ill see you soon !

Post Thanks / Like

Default Update...HndrdPrcnt Follow-Up Dr. Appt

So, we went in to meet with Dr. Gong today at UC Davis. The PET Scan results were back and as we have come to grow used to, it was a good news/bad news scenario. The PET Scan results have indicated 4 spots which are of concern to the doctor and are indicative of the return of the cancer. Two spots come from a lymph node that is next to my aorta artery in my abdominal area near where my pancreas once was. The other two spots are on my liver. The two spots on my liver are signs that the cancer has spread to my circulatory system.

The next step is to have a high-resolution CT Scan of my liver to find out the exact size and location of these spots on my liver to find out if they are able to perform a biopsy at this time of these spots to confirm that these spots consist of cancer cells.

After the CT Scan, we will then meet with Dr. Bold (next Monday) to discuss our options - both surgical and medical.

In addition to the above, we were also told about the possibility of me possibly qualifying to take part in a clinical trial out of UCSF. This would be an answer to prayer as not only would I be getting the latest drugs that would hopefully shrink the current cancer cells and slow down the spreading of the cancer, but it would also be at no charge to us!! As you can imagine, the financial impact to our family has already been devistating. So, if I could qualify for this study, that would be a true blessing from God. As such, I am asking that you be in prayer for me to qualify to be a part of this study if surgery is not an option.

Thank you for your continued support and prayers! We will continue to live each day to its fullest and to make the most of every day that God gives me! Your love, support, prayers and kinds words have meant the world to us!

God Bless!
    John (aka HndrdPrcnt)

DL CM 1987 - 1994
    CM WDW Trips 87,89,90,92
    CBR 1994
    Beach Club 1998
    All Stars 2000
    POP Sept 25-Oct 2 2006

Post Thanks / Like

John,
    I will continue to pray for you and your family. I hope the UCSF trial works out.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Default Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers, John.

Hope the study works out for you if the surgery isn't an option.
    BCV- April '09 Beach Club Villas w/friends (9 kids- 18 of us total)
    ASSp- Aug '08- free dining
    AKV Savanna and SSR - Sept-Oct '07
    DVC Members-Saratoga Springs as of Aug '06
    YC- Oct '04 (first trip for our 5 kids)
    Former FL resident w/numerous day visits in '80's & '90's.

pogo Guest

John.... I don't come around here much any more but for some reason I logged on and found this post. Maybe devine intervention.

As you know I have a lot of cancer patients as clients and what you are saying is about what I had expected to hear. But the good news is I think they've found the new spots early enough to make them go away.

I'm glad you might be able to get in a study. There is nothing better than the treatment you will receive.

Good luck... and God bless, my friend.

Post Thanks / Like

John, it truly is a good news/bad news scenario. But not one that can't be managed: just today I talked to a friend whose liver mets are shrinking at an amazing rate!

I've participated in a clinical trial (wish I qualified now because there's some really promising work being done out there) and you will receive FIRST RATE medical care, while helping researchers identify better forms of treatment for those who will unfortunately walk this road after us. That, in and of itself, is a huge blessing.

Add my prayers to everyone else's that they accept you into the trial, and that it is HIGHLY successful!
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Post Thanks / Like

John, you and your family will continue to be in prayers.
    Melissa

4/87 offsite, 3/05 AKL, 10/06 WL, 3/08 GF, 1/09 WL, 3/09 Poly, 10/09 SSR, 1/10 AKV, 10/10 BLT, 12/10 AKV, 2/11 Poly, 5/11 BCV, 10/11 BLT, 12/11 WL, 5/12 1st Cruise on the Dream & BWV, 10/12 BLT!

"...That's the real trouble with the world, too many people grow up." Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

You and your family continue to be in my thoughts and prayers. I pray for the right treatment to present itself to your medical team. I also wanted to tell you thank you for being willing to participate in this study.
    Rhonda

Trips to WDW: Priceless

Impossible is not a word.

Post Thanks / Like

John: You and your family continue to be in my prayers. I hope you get into the study.
    TRACEY
    șOș

Disneyland as a kid
    11/02-POFQ * 07/04-Disneyland PPH * 11/05-AKL * 10/08-CBR * 12/10-WL * 11/11-AKL * 11/12-AKL * 11/13-GF * 11/14-AKL * 06/15-Poly * 12/15-YC * 5/16-BWI * 12/16-BC * 5/17-Poly * 10/17-GF * 12/18-POFQ * 12/19-YC * 12/20-CSR * 12/21-BC * 3/22-CSR

Next: 9/22*BWI

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: