Quantcast Not-Worth-It Attractions - Page 5

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by speedmouse93 View Post
    Flying Carpets and Triceratops Spin(why does there have to be 3 of the same ride)
    Simple, because children love them and there is always a long line. And if you really want to get techinical about there are 4 of the same ride Triceratops Spin, Dumbo, Aladin's Flying Carpets, and Astor Obitor. All more or less the same ride, all had at least a 40 minute wait when I was there last March, and all are extremely popular with families with small children.
    "Welcome, Foolish Mortals..."

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

As for me...I LOVE THEM ALL!! I'm always just happy to be there! Fortunately, there is something for everyone. We don't skip any attractions because we don't like them. Usually, we'll skip because our DD is a teenager now, so the attractions geared towards the younger ones, are not really a draw for her anymore, with a few exceptions!
    1974 - Off Property
    1975 - Poly
    1980 - Golf Resort (Honeymoon)
    1881 - Golf Resort
    1982 - Poly
    1983 - Contemporary
    1989 - CBR (10th anniversay)
    1998 - CBR (DD 1st trip )
    2001 - CBR
    2003 - WL
    2004 - WL (25th anniversary)
    2005 - WL
    2006 - WL
    2010 - WL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mdhiggin View Post
    She ain't purty, but I ain't too. That's classic right there.
    "Liver Lips" McGraw!

I just got back today from WDW and while I am there, I never miss the Country Bears. They are a classic. If they were to never change a note, that would be fine by me. Look at what happens when you tamper with a classic (i.e. Tiki Room and Journey Into Imagination).

Bottom line is that each person's tastes are different. If you do not like a certain attraction or a certain park, then just don't go on it or there.
    4/12 - All Star Sports
    12/10 - All Star Sports
    12/09 - All-Star Sports
    12/08 - All-Star Movies
    8/08 - All-Star Movies
    11/07 - Yacht Club
    7/98 - Wilderness Lodge
    10/96 - Disneyland
    7/94 - Dixie Landings
    Prior to 1990 - too many to mention!

Post Thanks / Like

There are plenty of rides that we "skip" when we are at WDW, but most of the time it is due to time constraints, not because we detest a particular ride like so many here have displayed.

We've all got our own opinions on the quality of rides etc. I think it would be difficult to list rides that I would absolutely NOT go to if I had the time. The fact of the matter is, it is a rarity to be at WDW when you are without time constraints, therefore, we all prioritize to our own liking. There are plenty of rides that I think are 'boring' but I'd ride anyway if I had enough time.

Often times when we come to the end of our stay at WDW I realize we didn't see 'this' or didn't ride 'that', and all I can do is wish that we had more time. There are some attractions that I've been meaning to go to for several trips now but have failed to make the "time".
    77-DL
    89-DL
    94-ASSp
    95-OKW
    98-WDW Hol.Inn MG
    99-WDW Off Prop
    06-ASMov
    07-Pop 2/4 - 2/14
    07-ASMus 9/11 - 9/17
    08-ASMov & DCL 10/27 - 11/2
    09-ASMov & DCL Wonder 9/21 - 10/1
    10-WDW Off Prop 4/23 - 4/25
    10-DCL Magic 7 nt EB 10/23
    10-CSR 10/30 - 11/1
    12-POR 1/8 - 1/15
    12-CSR 12/20-27

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TakeMe2EPCOT View Post
    Agreed about the Swiss Family Treehouse...it's cool that it looks so real and all, but it's an attraction from a mediocre, forgotten movie that kids don't even know about anymore (well, most don't, anyway).

It does have the advantage of granting guests an awesome high-up view of the park, though.
    I think the problem here is that the kids aren't watching the movie. It's a wonderful movie! My kids will DEFINITELY watch it when I have them, same w/ 20000 leagues under the sea and all the other good ones!

Stitch can go. It almost made me sick! All the other ones that I can think of I go to if there is time! That is the only one I really avoid on purpose.

Post Thanks / Like

The only WDW attraction that has ever fallen into the absolute not worth it category for me was Sounds Dangerous with Drew Carey. In my opinion, that was really painful to sit through, pointless and not worth it, even as a cool dark place to nap.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Virginia - 775 miles/12hrs from the magic
    Post Thanks / Like

For me it is Sounds Dangerous and the car stunt thing at DHS.
    '09~Pop
    '08~Pop,CR
    '07~Pop,POR
    '06~WL,Pop
    '05~CSR, Pop, CBR
    '04~ASSp, ASMu, Pop
    '03~ASMo,POR,Poly
    '02~WL
    '01~ASMo
    '00~Off Site :0(
    '95~ASSp
    Sept 1991~Honeymoon~Off Site

Post Thanks / Like

Stitch

Post Thanks / Like

The only ride I constantly skip is the Astro Orbiter. It is waaaaaaay too highup for me to properly enjoy it.
    First Trip: 1986 at 6 mths. old!
    Latest Trip: February 2017

Next trip: October 1017

Stayed at: Caribbean Beach, POP Century, Wilderness Lodge, The Contemporary, The Polynesian, the Beach Club, the Yacht Club, Grand Floridian, Art of Animation, Disney DREAM

Post Thanks / Like

I have to agree with others here by saying there are not any that I detest absolutely...It is just due to my limited time there that I prefer to go on some before I do others. For instance, I would go on any other ride in MK than do astro orbitor or dumbo or flying carpets only 'cause i get on the spinning up and down rides. Now if one of my family members just HAD to go on one and no one else would go with them, then I would go. I can be a team player
    Aubree

Disney Trips:

01/10 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
    02/05 - Port Orleans - Riverside
    03/01- Polynesian
    11/97 - Polynesian
    11/91 - Off-site

Post Thanks / Like

Do I dare... sure it's just a list... I think. Opinions are what makes the world go around, that is why there are so many choices. This is jsut for conversating purposes.... Right?

Mostly I only skip things due to time at the park. But I do have some least favs here they are, in no particular order

1. Stitch.... Sorry it scared the poo out of me and I'm a 32 year old women.
    2. The circle visions, I have tried but I think I was to excited about everything else
    3. Sounds Dangerous did kinda bore me, I am sure it works for some not my cup of tea.
    4. Honey I shrunk the audience, the mice did me in, again scared the poo out of me.
    5. Star Tours.... I just can't do it. I love it but can't handle to virtual it makes me sick.

My daughter has a much different list. But she goes on what I like and I go on what she likes. We compromise.
    1. Hall of presidents - she can't stand it
    2. It's a small world - she'd rather be poked in the eye but she's a trooper

Can't think of anymore. Have a great trip on your next go around. See what you want to see in the time alotted and don't feel guilty of what you skipp, Walt don't mind, that is why he made so many different attractions.

Post Thanks / Like

I cannot beleive soaring was on this list,it was a great ride and still is everytime,i love it.
    what i didn't love was the great movie ride,sound dangerous and i will definitly agree with the hall of presidents.
    "this is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good."

stitchaholic
    off site-1980
    ASM-2008
    POP-JAN 26,2009

CSR-JAN,2009
    WLV-jan 2010
    next visit dec 2010 AKL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PeterPan View Post
    This subject absolutly infuriates me. It has been on here for about six weeks, and I have avoided it. I guess I will go ahead and say something. I said something similar several years ago.

WHAT A SPOILED SOCIETY WE ARE that we can be so picky and choosey about what is not "WORTH IT" at Walt Disney World.
    People! Do you realize what you are saying?

Think of the millions (yes, millions) of people who would give ANYTHING to come to WDW for even one day and ride ANY RIDE AT ALL. Their dream is just to get thru the gate. Maybe not even ride anything - just be allowed to wander around and look.

How smug, how indulged we are to sit around and declare some world-class ride, show, or attraction as "not worth our time." I personally consider it a priviledge (albiet one I have PAID FOR) to spend the day at ANY Disney theme park. How wonderful! How rare! How pleasant and magical! How UNDERSERVING!

Sure, you can say "Well, I PAID for this experience, so I can cast dispersions on anything I like."

I guess you can.

It may be boring to YOU, but it is a dream come true for thousands upon thousands of others. And for many, many more thousands, it will be a dream that NEVER comes true. They will never get thru the gate. And if they could, I am absolutely CERTAIN they would think Tikis fascinating, the Bears hilarious, Small World as enchanting, Stich as brilliant, and Carousel of Progress as pure nostalgia.

Maybe my comment will cause a firestorm, I don't know. All I know is, we are awfully SPOILED as a society when we can sit around and declare these cherished, world-class entertainments as not worth our time.

And by the way ... what does "not worth it" mean, anyway? You PAID for every single attraction when you bought your ticket.

The 55+ people that answered this post are not "SOCIETY". We're answering a post on a web site about Disney. If it infuriated you so much, maybe you should have ignored it instead of insulting us. You know nothing about me, I'm not smug or spoiled.
    Sorry to the rest of you that I went off topic, but this post was way out of line, in my opinion.

'the only thing that counts is the love of duty; when love & duty are one, then grace is in you & you will enjoy a happiness which passes all understanding.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Man, I agree with the last poster. By the way Small World is my DW's favorite, but me and the kids would love to have tennis balls on the ride. I also agree with everyone who said bring back AE, Stitch is not much fun. The Bears and Tiki Birds are outdated as well. Have seen the films at Epcot, no reason to see them again. Walt Disney died 42 years ago today and my DW's birthday is today and she is 42.
    March, 1983 offsite,
    Dec. 1990 CBR,
    Aug. 1997 CBR,
    June 2000 POR,
    Sept. 2003 GFR,
    Aug 2006 PORR,
    May 2008 PORR,
    June 2009 PORR
    Nov. 2010 BLT(Finally DVC Member)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PeterPan View Post
    This subject absolutly infuriates me. It has been on here for about six weeks, and I have avoided it. I guess I will go ahead and say something. I said something similar several years ago.

WHAT A SPOILED SOCIETY WE ARE that we can be so picky and choosey about what is not "WORTH IT" at Walt Disney World.
    People! Do you realize what you are saying?

Think of the millions (yes, millions) of people who would give ANYTHING to come to WDW for even one day and ride ANY RIDE AT ALL. Their dream is just to get thru the gate. Maybe not even ride anything - just be allowed to wander around and look.

How smug, how indulged we are to sit around and declare some world-class ride, show, or attraction as "not worth our time." I personally consider it a priviledge (albiet one I have PAID FOR) to spend the day at ANY Disney theme park. How wonderful! How rare! How pleasant and magical! How UNDERSERVING!

Sure, you can say "Well, I PAID for this experience, so I can cast dispersions on anything I like."

I guess you can.

It may be boring to YOU, but it is a dream come true for thousands upon thousands of others. And for many, many more thousands, it will be a dream that NEVER comes true. They will never get thru the gate. And if they could, I am absolutely CERTAIN they would think Tikis fascinating, the Bears hilarious, Small World as enchanting, Stich as brilliant, and Carousel of Progress as pure nostalgia.

Maybe my comment will cause a firestorm, I don't know. All I know is, we are awfully SPOILED as a society when we can sit around and declare these cherished, world-class entertainments as not worth our time.

And by the way ... what does "not worth it" mean, anyway? You PAID for every single attraction when you bought your ticket.
    It doesn't really make sense for someone to sit through or stand in line for attractions they aren't really interested in just because they're lucky to be at Disney World. That's why Disney has so many different attractions, because not every attraction appeals to everyone. I don't need to wait in an hour line for Dumbo when it isn't something I enjoy and I'm not a bad person for not liking the ride. I guarentee that even those only lucky enough to go to Disney only once still find certain attractions unappealing. I don't think we should be guilted into liking every single ride just because it's Disney.
    I ran away from college and joined the Mickey Mouse Club!

Post Thanks / Like

We didn't get to see Honey I shrunk the audience last year or Figment. Now I know why. I would think that Disney would be embarrassed to have those things in their parks. Honey was the very worst waste of space I have ever seen. Even at six flaggs. It's old looking and just plain dumb.And figment, well doesn't even thrill our 4 year old. He said never again Grandmama, stood forever in the lobby of Honey and watched nothing really. Long stand for such a terrible waste of time. Road Soarin for first time waited 45 minutes, won't do that again once is enough besides I doubt they will change the scenery for 10 years. Great movie ride needs some major scene changes. Won't do that either even though it's a sit down for a few minutes ride.
    Connie
    Dec 8-15 2007 All Star Music Suites
    Dec 5-14 2008 All Star Music Suites
    Dec 7-16 2009 POP
    Last trip for a long while JAN 20-28

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lighteningqueen View Post
    We didn't get to see Honey I shrunk the audience last year or Figment. Now I know why. I would think that Disney would be embarrassed to have those things in their parks. Honey was the very worst waste of space I have ever seen. Even at six flaggs. It's old looking and just plain dumb.And figment, well doesn't even thrill our 4 year old. He said never again Grandmama, stood forever in the lobby of Honey and watched nothing really. Long stand for such a terrible waste of time. Road Soarin for first time waited 45 minutes, won't do that again once is enough besides I doubt they will change the scenery for 10 years. Great movie ride needs some major scene changes. Won't do that either even though it's a sit down for a few minutes ride.
    All four members of my family enjoyed "Honey I shrunk the audience" so much in 2006 that we were very disappointed not to have time to get back to it this time.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds Dangerous and Honey I Shrunk the Audience are the only two attractions I would absolutely never do again. Sounds Dangerous is the only one that I'd actively persuade someone else not to do. People tried to tell me not to do it and I went on anyway in lieu of repeating Tower of Terror. I really regretted that decision. And for the record I think I happen to be one of the most unselfish, least smug people I know.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Someone said Sorin and Caroulsel of Progress should be gone. Sorin is my favorite and Carousel of Progress was Walts orginal design, so you cant get rid of it. Also when your tired it is a nice sit down ride.

Now Honey i shrunk the kids and Stitch i will agree on.

But It's A Small World, yes it is annoying but it is an original you cant get rid of it.

Post Thanks / Like

think we need to look at this through different aged eyes.
    the one i get off of and say never again is journey into energy why close body wars and keep this?
    somethings i dont get at disney though that was because i was english. never meet anyone from the uk who hasnt had a pint in the rose and crown in epcot.
    some rides are great for going for a quick sleep on the carousel of progress and beer school at seaworld

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: